• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Paul was all over the place really...said Petr Cech shouldn't be worried about losing his place to a newbie 21 year old, guess Leno looks quite young...also when talking about goalkeepers passing out more than ever now, Merson said... "Look at the cup final last year (Arsenal v City, 2018) Ederson with a beautiful long pass for Aguero to score the opener..." Ederson didn't play in that match :rofl:
I loved Merson as a player, as a pundit he’s easily one of the worst though. I don’t doubt what you’ve said there for a second.

I absolutely love Leno and I’m glad he’s showing his worth.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He has been excellent as of late , thought he was a bit all over the shop ,start of the season. Catching, distribution,positioning, saves and confidence are at his levels before his bad form. Kept us in the cup.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He’s truly capable of magnificent saves. His stop vs Carroll wasn’t too dissimilar from the legendary Spuds double save. His reactions are superb and he’s very quick off the ground. Love him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Merson said... "Look at the cup final last year (Arsenal v City, 2018) Ederson with a beautiful long pass for Aguero to score the opener..." Ederson didn't play in that match :rofl:
Is this when Mustafi misjudged the flight of the ball?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Is this when Mustafi misjudged the flight of the ball?

Yeah, terrible game, got battered after that...that crying Arsenal kid, with Gary ****ing Neville telling our players how ashamed they should all be...great day!

Jason Jace

There wasn't even any deflection for him to be deceived like that. When people start to criticise Leno for pushing a shot fired at him from almost point blank into the danger area (at the Etihad), as apparently Emi would never have....erm..Emi actually did, he pushed a tame shot against Leeds back into the middle and conceded a goal. But apparently Emi would never...

Leno conceded a goal against Wolves that took a significant deflection off Bellerin...got pelters for it...Emi would never...except he made even a bigger blunder against Brighton but luckily for him it got disallowed. But let's be honest, Emi would never...

I think we can safely say now that even the real Emi can't compete with the AM Emi. He has become like your first love or a girl you were in love with for many years, somehow the relationship deteriorated, you had the chance the keep her if you really wanted it but decided to end it. Now years later and after several unsuccessful relationships you start to look back at that relationship as the "one". You only remember the good bits, not the arguments or little things she used to do that annoyed you. You only remember how good she made you feel, the intensity of it. You are thinking of them all the time. You start to see their face in a crowd. You hear a song and think of them. If someone mentions them you will feel a rush through your body and start to wonder what they are doing at this exact time. They pop into your head so many times during the day. Somehow the answer to every question is them. They're someone you simply can't get enough of. No one else will do. :lol: sorry got carried away in this paragraph but felt this is the only way to make sense of the Emi worship in here.

Leno will make mistakes like all GK's but overall he has been very good. There are some areas he still needs to improve on but people are kidding themselves if they think upgrading Leno will be anything but an extremely hard task to accomplish not to mention very, very expensive one.
Wow!!!
This is beautiful,
Seriously though, you are completely spot on with your illustration, people who think martinez is better that Leno are nostalgia merchants, they don't actually watch villa matches to see for themselves, most of the goals he had conceded this season are goals he could have avoided but he had also made some stunning saves as well( same for all goalkeepers)

Don't get me wrong, Emil is a Solid goalkeeper but he is not as good as AM is making him out to, I will even go further by saying Leno is Better and there is no goalkeeper in the prem leaugue I will rather have at the moment

Riou

In with a decent shout to be germanys nr 1 in a coupla years i reckon. Trajectory only goes up for mr steal yo girl Bernd Leno

Leno shouldn't give up on being a number 1, Lehmann only got it when we was around 35.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nothing much to do today apart from a very good 1 save 3rd straight clean sheet.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Leno is what he is. Just hope we don't do anything foolish by giving him a raise.

He is 29 this year...still young for a goalkeeper. He is not the best, but better than most.

Riou

Truth is, I am happy for Emi...been here for ages, got his chance and did brilliantly...but we had 2 good keepers, both should be starting, so one had to go.

And despite what our fans think...Martinez isn't Seaman level, Martinez isn't Lehmann level...he's about the same level as Leno, at best.

Having Martinez now instead of Leno, would have made no difference to where we are in the table, as our issues aren't goalkeeper related...as despite a poor start to the season by Leno (which is understandable, considering how long he has been out injured) he has got back to his best recently again.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Marinez will probably voted best GK in the league this year too.
The best goalkeepers is not 'voted.'

It's given to the GK with the highest clean sheet. Similar to the golden boot.

Riou

Maybe he means voted in the team of the year, as opposed to the golden glove.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Maybe he means voted in the team of the year, as opposed to the golden glove.
Probably that's what he means.

Anyway, I don't think Martinez will be voted into the team of the season. His form will tail off at some point. Villa will fall of a cliff which will affect him, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom