• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Ooof.

TEK0F2.gif

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I really like watching Martinez, apart from the fact that he's an Arsenal boy. So commanding in the box and he catches, old school, instead of punching. And his reach when saving shots is quite remarkable. Him and Auba are the main reasons Arteta won that FACup

Leno is decent keeper, no doubt, but why did we need to buy him with Martinez here. A mystery.
We made a mistake with Emi's loans or we'd gave surely seen his level earlier.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Leno is decent keeper, no doubt, but why did we need to buy him with Martinez here. A mystery.
"Arsène Wenger, when he was here, always used to say to me, 'Emi, you're the future of this club'. I believe that I can be a No.1. Don't get me wrong, I accept my role as a No.2 at the moment, but my target is to get that No.1 jersey."

Martinez had the opportunity to leave the club this summer, but following talks with Unai Emery and goalkeeping coach Javi Garcia, he decided to stay and try to convince the manager that he is the better option.

"Over the summer, I spoke to Unai and our goalkeeping coach, Javi Garcia, after my spell with Reading. I told them I would stay but said that would only be the case if I had the chance to become the No.1 here, if I had the opportunities to play and get that shirt.
@Mrs Bergkamp

Wenger always had Martinez earmarked for #1 spot, he just got lost in the shuffle with the whole structural change didn't he.

That's the downside to managerial changes, plans and development goes out the window. We've seen it with some players who came under Emery too.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Camron is out of the world, truly a god amongst men. I do fear the day he decides to research my archive of questionable posts

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This thread is funny, Martinez has an absolute stinker the week before but everyone is nice and loud this week.

They're both good keepers, we couldnt keep both. People complaining just want something to complain about. Its really not that deep.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
This thread is funny, Martinez has an absolute stinker the week before but everyone is nice and loud this week.

They're both good keepers, we couldnt keep both. People complaining just want something to complain about. Its really not that deep.

Leno will have the better career. That's all that really matters at this point. It's like a reverse Özil thread in here from the trolls. The agenda shifting is pretty funny.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Really strange phenomena in here. People will gladly bring up Leno's mistakes from last season but Martinez's mistakes from just a game before is quickly banished from memory and now people are talking about him as if he has been flawless this season.

Someone even said he can afford considerable drop in form and still be the best GK in the league. Basically it doesn't matter if Emi f*cks up, his good games are enough.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's a proper underrated player for us now, tbh.

Emi was very good for us last year, and also for Villa this year...but pundits/fans seem to think Leno is Almunia level for some reason, he's a very good goalkeeper.

Not even just this season, he was probably our best player in 2018/2019 under Emery...while when he got injured last season, everyone thought we were ****ed, as he had been one of our rare consistent players then too.

Weird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom