• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Got nutmegged by Salah for his goal too, need him to turn it around soon...all the ones I am backing, making @Riou look like a fool atm :lol:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
The goals he conceded are whatever, he’s usually better than that, so can chalk it up to a bad day.

On the ball/in build up though he’s a liability. Why is he suddenly hoofing it all the time now, gone from one extreme to another. If we want to continue playing out the back(and we definitely should), he’s a problem.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The goals he conceded are whatever, he’s usually better than that, so can chalk it up to a bad day.

On the ball/in build up though he’s a liability. Why is he suddenly hoofing it all the time now, gone from one extreme to another. If we want to continue playing out the back(and we definitely should), he’s a problem.

That was absolutely the managers tactics to hoof it up.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If it was it suggests he doesn’t trust Leno on the ball, which is a problem. Can’t imagine that was by design though.

Not Leno imo, more Holding, Ceballos bit of Chambers and then the fact Liverpools pressing is brilliant.

With Luiz and Xhaka we play out more. Leno is the start but there's no point passing it around with guys like Rob, Chamber and Cedric. Arteta knew this and we tried to win the second ball, it worked once and we had a little bit of an attack but that's it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not Leno imo, more Holding, Ceballos bit of Chambers and then the fact Liverpools pressing is brilliant.

With Luiz and Xhaka we play out more. Leno is the start but there's no point passing it around with guys like Rob, Chamber and Cedric. Arteta knew this and we tried to win the second ball, it worked once and we had a little bit of an attack but that's it.
I thought this too. Seems like Arteta bottled playing out because he didn't trust the defenders back there. No Luiz, no Xhaka and literally the only one trusted to take the ball off Leno is Partey. Gabriel's serviceable as a passer from CB but it's not his strength, as shown with their 3rd goal.

That said, Leno has been shaky lately and it's a bit of a concern but no more than that. He's still one of the better keepers IMO, and to upgrade on him would be an unnecessary task in the short term.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Having a bit of a shaky spell but he’ll come through. The nutmeg was poor but I also felt as though he could’ve done better with Jota’s header. I could be being harsh here as I’ve not watched the goals back again, obviously.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You kinda need to back him, no other choice. He's our first choice keeper, that's it. He'll get another contract this year or next too I bet. Maybe in another universe he'd be upgraded on, but in this one there are myriad bigger problems elsewhere in the team and he's a good keeper. Unless Leno decides he wants to play somewhere else, he'll be our keeper for many more years to come.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Been poor recently, but not his fault tonight...ball should never be bouncing across our box in the last minute ffs, where was everyone :mad:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Seriously need to think about moving him on. Racking up to many mistakes now for it to be anything other than really poor keeping in general from him, seems to be a rut he can't get out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom