• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Lots of debate over Emi vs Leno but that's kind of irrelevant. To me, it was about who suits us better and imo, that was Emi based on his relationship with the CB's, his ability to play out from the box and his command of the box. Their was a cohesion with Emi that seems lacking with Leno. Emi has made mistakes but celebrating those doesn't help us. We'll never know if he would have done better with us this season or whether Leno would look better elsewhere. Leno has two years on his contract. We need to make a decision in the next couple of months.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Lehmann made more than his fair share of mistakes, was dropped on more than one occasion due to poor form.

He was an excellent shot stopper though, as is Leno. They’re actually quite similar in many ways but Lehmann would be a walking red card these days and some of his antics at the time were frankly embarrassing. Was bailed out a lot by the quality we had further up the pitch.
Lehmann was very brave when coming for crosses though. He`d miss a few but was usually solid and came for everytjing. Leno is the oppsoite, hesitant and only really comes for the obvious ones.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Lehmann was also a 2 time UEFA goalkeeper of the year, wasn't he?

Jen's had a few downs in his career, and wasn't as good as the likes of Seaman ..but still played for league winning sides, and more than played his part in them...was a very good goalkeeper.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Lehmann was also a 2 time UEFA goalkeeper of the year, wasn't he?

Jen's had a few downs in his career, and wasn't as good as the likes of Seaman ..but still played for league winning sides, and more than played his part in them...was a very good goalkeeper.
Leno will never be am player of the season...evan laca has that

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I'm done defending him. Unexcusable mistakes and this is not the first time it's happening.

This guy talks a lot but doesn't walk the talk. If any other club is interested should definitely sell him. Or else maximum can keep him for 1 more only because we have other priorities.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I've been a Leno defender from day and my boy does me dirty like this

275cra.jpg

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

No point in an extension, he's been making weird comments to the press as well just like his #2 Emiliano. Good riddance to both, time to bring in some fresh blood between the sticks and ffs just make sure he's not from Ligue 2 this time.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm kind of hoping he gets an ankle sprain. He has Cech vibes. Put Ryan in and I feel we win the EL It's just superstition at this stage but every GK bar Cech won a cup. Leno feels the same

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

1ea3aceab36969a65d6e2c4dd8e2fee0.jpeg

This is a public apology to @GDeep™ and all others that were correct in their distrust of Leno.

I'm deeply and sincerely sorry for the way I've behaved. I know it will take a lot to make this right but from this moment onward I would like to publicly retract my support of Leno as our first choice keeper.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom