• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Kept us in the tie today, if we go on to win the trophy (we won’t) then that’s a huge save that goes some way to making up for the terrible season he’s had.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Has concentration issues, he's better when he's active. Need Emery ball back when we concede 30 shots a game so he can look like Neuer again.
This. Even DDG has been like this. When utd were total ****, those were the times DDG was at his best. Remember THAT game at emirates? It is the same with Leno. If they face very less shots, they concede some really stupid goals. DDG clangers have almost come in those type of games where utd haven't conceded a lot of shots.

Jakarta

We should have just trusted the guy that led our defence to 2 trophies... This is an old debate and i know Leno was good before his injury but goalkeeper is a position where you shouldn't be dropped as long as you are excellent and consistent. Martinez was a leader in that defense that won Arteta his 2 trophees.

Leno is a better stopper but for everything else Martinez was better despite the small sample. Taller, more dominant, stronger in the air and much better with his feet which is supposedly very important for Mikel's style (whatever that is).

I never liked the entitlement of Leno everything he was asked about competition. He always kept saying he is number 1 because the club told him he is always number 1 whereas Martinez has had a tough path before getting there. It's easy to speak today with Emi having a better season at Villa but it was clear that he had the better profile and leadership for our defense.

Now we are stuck with Leno who has only 2 years left on his contract whereas Emi would have certainly signed for a long time for half of Leno's salary.

View attachment 2685

Criminal

I still can’t believe we never made them both duke it out till Jan or for the rest of the season.

Makes me so sad seeing Martinez holding the cup like that😢

Can’t believe we discarded him in order to please an inferior keeper.

Impact

Established Member
Leno has had an average season by his standards but is still a good 'keeper (and good enough for a CL team). Replacing him is not a priority for next season but his position should be considered in future seasons as it seems to me that his ability with his feet is insufficient for Arteta's preferred style.

It's particularly disappointing that Leno's commitment is also in question given how the club backed him last summer when we sold Martinez, an Arsenal fan and homegrown keeper who many (myself included) felt had shown a higher level than Leno ever had during his stint in goal at the back end of the last season.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
His interview was lame like him. I don't know eht he came out. He had a chance to offer a collective sorry to the fans but mumbled some crap. Funniest of all was when he said he hopes things are better gor us next season! Lol. He won't be here.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lots of posts on Twitter about Leno wanting to leave/ put on transfer list. Wishful thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom