• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Highest priority in this remaining period of transfer window is replacing this infection.

What is he actually doing lately? Can't pass a ball, can't save a shot on his close post and gets bullied by strikers in his own fking box.

Nah ship this guy to a comedy school so he can cast the next movie of happy feet

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I have just had the privilege of rewatching the goals. And now I know why they say I don't like Mondays

GunnerShy

Why are we looking for a back up and not for a first choice and make Leno back up?
If we buy Ramsdale, I suspect it will play out like this, at least at some point this season.

But it wouldn't be wise to be reporting as such, given Leno is the only keeper we have available at the moment. Although it's becoming clear that he and Arteta don't get along.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Questions still remain over Emi if he can play infront of crowds to the current level he is, as that when you really feel the pressure...but even with that, we still should have picked Martinez over Leno is summer 2020...the form of both keepers since then, couldn't have gone in more different directions :lol:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Leno seems to really be struggling right now. Before his injury against Brighton he was playing well. Right now he just looks uncertain and meek in his actions. It’s only when he just reacts on shots he still looks okay. We really need to get some backup/ replacement in. Given how things were about 15 months ago that is of course frustrating as hell but there we are.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Leno seems to really be struggling right now. Before his injury against Brighton he was playing well. Right now he just looks uncertain and meek in his actions. It’s only when he just reacts on shots he still looks okay. We really need to get some backup/ replacement in. Given how things were about 15 months ago that is of course frustrating as hell but there we are.
Emi shook him.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Could it possibly have anything to do with the current goalkeeping coach? The same coach that recommended Runarsson cant be that good can he? Lol

Pulp

Keepers are much like strikers driven by self-confidence to perform at their best. Given the toxic state around the club for the last few seasons it's harder to perform well I would reckon. Besides, didn't Leno receive abuse from supporters? Hopefully Ramsdale in means Leno will snap out of it and start performing again. He has been very good for the club when he is at its best. There is a reason Martinez was sold.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Fantasy or not, its based on real saves and real clean sheets. No fantasy in that!

Two clean sheets starting March till the end of the season with those being 0-0 draws. We gave up less goals then them as well.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nobody can defend him, this guy has been poor for ages. To top it all off, in his recent interviews he’s basically said “meh, I’m here now, but we’ll see about the future” etc.

I think he’s unhappy.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nobody can defend him, this guy has been poor for ages. To top it all off, in his recent interviews he’s basically said “meh, I’m here now, but we’ll see about the future” etc.

I think he’s unhappy.
He’s an absolute disgrace. The way he’s let his standards slip since Martinez went and his spot was under no pressure is appalling.

shoot for the top

Keepers are much like strikers driven by self-confidence to perform at their best. Given the toxic state around the club for the last few seasons it's harder to perform well I would reckon. Besides, didn't Leno receive abuse from supporters? Hopefully Ramsdale in means Leno will snap out of it and start performing again. He has been very good for the club when he is at its best. There is a reason Martinez was sold.
The reason? Arteta.

mirrorstare

Something funny from here is how you lot go at White and claim you want defenders to defend, not to pass the ball. But the goalkeeper that knows how to do goalkeeping stuff must be binned because he can't reliably pass the ball.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Two clean sheets starting March till the end of the season with those being 0-0 draws. We gave up less goals then them as well.

I didn't say how many clean sheets, just that he was top keeper last season based on clean sheets and saves made. He obviously made a lot of saves. Anyway, he's gone and we have Leno still making mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom