• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I honestly think that Leno's aerial ability isn't gonna be a huge problem this season, I just feel his weaknesses are overblown because people like Martinez now and that's understandable. That shouldn't take away from the fact that Leno was also very good before his injury.

As I said, Leno as our keeper isn't a huge problem :) I just prefer Martinez.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Post it anyway :lol:

A8qf9Cz.jpg

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He didn't have much to do and looked ok in his first post injury game. I saw him talking to his defenders a little bit hit im still struggling to shake my doubts about him being a commanding GK. His playing out from the back looks better in that he sorts his feet out quicker and executes quicker. I still find Martinez smoother on speed and delivery choice but I trust the coaches and practice to improve him

sdotzdot

Established Member
Leno has proven his worth already. He’s been one of the consistent glimmers of hope through the worst era of Arsenal I’ve ever witnessed.

Martinez is fantastic, and his form post Leno injury was absolutely unbelievable. But he’s always had some terrible mistakes in the past (albeit few) chances he’s had. You don’t displace one of your consistent starters and sell him over someone who had 3 months of great form.

That form alone just bagged us £20m, absolutely fantastic business and I love Emi but would be ridiculous not to take that.

Wish him the best of luck and I’ll really miss him as I’m a huge fan but this is the best conclusion for everyone involved. Leno has proven to be worthy of being our GK for the long term and regardless of the sale I think Leno would have come back in eventually anyway.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Leno has proven his worth already. He’s been one of the consistent glimmers of hope through the worst era of Arsenal I’ve ever witnessed.

Martinez is fantastic, and his form post Leno injury was absolutely unbelievable. But he’s always had some terrible mistakes in the past (albeit few) chances he’s had. You don’t displace one of your consistent starters and sell him over someone who had 3 months of great form.

That form alone just bagged us £20m, absolutely fantastic business and I love Emi but would be ridiculous not to take that.

Wish him the best of luck and I’ll really miss him as I’m a huge fan but this is the best conclusion for everyone involved. Leno has proven to be worthy of being our GK for the long term and regardless of the sale I think Leno would have come back in eventually anyway.
Over the last couple of months Emi has been great, but it is like you say. We have seen Leno perform well over quite some time and with an absolute **** defence in front of him for most of the time. If we need to sell then Emi is probably the best option.

nick gould

it's ever so sad to see martinez leave. I loved both goalkeepers equally. Big up to this guy today, 100% pass completion. We brought in him for his ability to play from the back. People for some reason we beginning to say he is not good at that. People forget we had no structure for a season and half.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I honestly rate Leno, just think Martinez is the superior modern keeper suited to Arteta ball. I desperately want him to be more commanding and vocal in his area. He's an elite shot stopper. If he improves on that and dealing with crosses, I'm very happy.

Iceman10

Established Member
Main concern has been crosses, as well as odd errors that just so happen to stick in my mind but may be no worse in frequency/number compared with top GK’s. On crosses I’ve mentioned some parallels with Lloris during earlier days in the PL before becoming more solid, and I hope this ends up similar.

Over the Emi battle, it is done with and I wish Emi the best. When a manager is in a period of goodwill he gets to make the tough decisions with space afforded to him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
His save in the first few minutes after the Gabriel error was massive imo, with Emi leaving the knives would have been out if he gave away a pen immediately...imagine a few on here were disappointed he did save it, shame.

It's gonna be a top season for Leno this year lads!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

His save in the first few minutes after the Gabriel error was massive imo, with Emi leaving the knives would have been out if he gave away a pen immediately...imagine a few on here were disappointed he did save it, shame.

It's gonna be a top season for Leno this year lads!

They score there and it's likely the game changes, Gabriel loses all confidence and we struggle. Top save in fact but I'm used to seeing him makes those.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Emi leaving the knives would have been out if he gave away a pen immediately...imagine a few on here were disappointed he did save it, shame.
They're not going to go away. They're waiting in the shadows. They're waiting for the first slip from and him, then they'll pounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom