• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Been poor all season.
That's just incorrect but I'm not bothered to debate with you and all the others on here. Since his poor form he's nowhere near been top 3 but didnt put a foot wrong before then, and improved in terms of coming out of his 6 yard box for crosses/corners. Last month has been a horror show mostly yes.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That's just incorrect but I'm not bothered to debate with you and all the others on here. Since his poor form he's nowhere near been top 3 but didnt put a foot wrong before then, and improved in terms of coming out of his 6 yard box for crosses/corners. Last month has been a horror show mostly yes.
He’s been poorer than just the last month, the mistakes are are there to see going back all season.

He’s had good games and made top saves too, but there have been too many mistakes. I would say in nearly every big game.

He’s not rated outside Arsenal.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He’s been poorer than just the last month, the mistakes are are there to see going back all season.

He’s had good games and made top saves too, but there have been too many mistakes. I would say in nearly every big game.

He’s not rated outside Arsenal.
During covid I lose track of the months but I am pretty sure that before Feb-March time he hardly made any high profile errors. Please tell me some to remind me if thats the case.

Leno in form is one of the best shot stoppers in the league, but yes he's completely average at some things.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Anyone blaming Leno for the goal yesterday has no clue whatsovever about goalkeeping.

A ball coming right across the six yard box followed by a shot at the far post is one of the hardest situations to deal with as a keeper, all you can do is get over to the other side as quickly as possible and hope you're in the right place for the shot. There is next to no reaction time especially from such close range. Frankly getting a hand to it is almost a miracle.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
you just wrote "nervous all game". Where he was nervous all game?

Read all the pages in the Match-Thread again. I haven't read there a single time before the goal, that he was nervous.

But then he concedes a game and suddenly "he was nervous all game"
You’re talking about the match thread, how about watching the game?

He was shakey from the start, constantly going long - at times kicking it nowhere near our forwards. When he tried to be technical, he chipped the ball out of play and put us under more pressure.

He also had a mix up with Gabriel, where he refused to come for a ball any top keeper would have claimed with ease.

This was made worse by his flakey punch onto the post, and then compounded as he palmed another ball into the net - just like he did with Jota on the weekend.

Butter fingers.

pikey2000

He has a mistake in him, he also have a worldie save in him, by far the least of our issues right now, we've had far worse keepers in the past, I would say he's a 7/10 keeper, we could do better but better would cost quite a bit of money and we have other areas to attend to such as getting decent LB cover for Tierney who will never play 60 games a year, getting our CM options sorted beyond Xhaka/Partey, possibly replacing Bellerin, finding a proper LW so we don't shoe horn strikers out wide, deciding which of our 20 CBs we want to keep and then figuring out whether or not we need better once we have done that :) Save the keeper for next years window lol

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You’re the only person I have seen say that Leno has been top 3 this season. Been poor all season.

In the league you’ll say Martinez, Fabianski, Pope, the guy at Brighton, Ederson etc have easily been better, and that’s just off the top of my head.
Martinez has been a lot better and the stats are there to prove it. But more importantly why couldn’t Arteta see that he made us solid at the end of last season, confident, making superb saves and commanding in the box. A manager rises or falls by these types of decisions.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Not say emi is the better keeper as he is less experienced in first team action but he was in superb form and the defence looked better and we were less error prone.

Not that is down to leno entirely but I wanted emi to start the season as the first choice and see how it went and if emi lost his place and he wanted to leave then cash in end of season or January. Idk maybe I am asking for much at that idea.

Just don't know why you change a big part of a winning mentality of that squad that won and showed they could beat decent opponents.

Clueless management

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He has a mistake in him, he also have a worldie save in him, by far the least of our issues right now, we've had far worse keepers in the past, I would say he's a 7/10 keeper, we could do better but better would cost quite a bit of money and we have other areas to attend to such as getting decent LB cover for Tierney who will never play 60 games a year, getting our CM options sorted beyond Xhaka/Partey, possibly replacing Bellerin, finding a proper LW so we don't shoe horn strikers out wide, deciding which of our 20 CBs we want to keep and then figuring out whether or not we need better once we have done that :) Save the keeper for next years window lol

True, plenty of keepers wouldn't have tipped the shot onto the post a few minutes before the goal. He's a good shot-stopper, he's not a great all-round keeper, but it is what it is. He's not the reason we're 10th, you could finish 3-4th with him in goal.

I think we'll give him a new contract too, unless another club make a good offer for him.

LG10

Don’t care about the goal he conceded but his distribution and command of the box is responsible for most of our problems.

Why the **** did we keep him over the best gk in the league, I pray this theory that emi is **** with crowds is true otherwise we’ve made a colossal mistake.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
I don't think he could have saved the header but could he have caught the corner or was it far off? I felt he could have

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I've backed Leno to the hilt and still maintain he's a good keeper, but............he wasn't great against Liverpool. He should've done better for their first and perhaps even their second (though I admit nutmeg goals do draw unfair criticism at times).

I thought he should've done better for Slavia's goal too, whenever you get a hand to it I expect better than it flying into the goal from the contact.

Legend14

Established Member
Really, the keeper can only do so much on such a close shot. Silly discussing it.

Improving keeper is so low on our priority list.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He isnt a terrible keeper but I believe he is just an average PL keeper. His underlying stats have always suggested this, but I think as a fanbase we have lower expectations on our keepers given we have had keepers like alumnia, fabianski (who is ok now) cost us so many points over the years. We definitely don't judge our keepers with the same severity as our attacking players

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Golden boy, Emi, got battered by a poor Liverpool team (or so I'm told) yet there are crickets in here
You clearly never watched the game then so stop fishing. Pulled off an absolute worldy save from Thiago. Anyway this is the Leno thread so why would people be talking about Martinez in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom