• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newchange

Seriously what the hell is going on with Leno. He’s making at least a mistake a game atm. His distribution is a clear problem now. A good manager holds his hands up that he made a mistake letting Martinez goes and solves the problem. At this point it seems he’s keeping Leno to prove a point which is becoming detrimental to our defence and philosophy.

NZgunner

I'd rather have any other premier league keeper starting for us ahead of Leno.

Leno has got to be the most physically weak keeper in the league, so easily dominated and intimidated by bigger players.

Selling Martinez was the worst bit of post-Wenger business the club has done.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Brentford are pretty crap but ensured they put physical pressure on Leno and put high balls into the box.

Leno just looks done; the areas he struggles, playing out and commanding the box, are looking shaky again.

D

Dial Square 1886

I'd rather have any other premier league keeper starting for us ahead of Leno.

Leno has got to be the most physically weak keeper in the league, so easily dominated and intimidated by bigger players.

Selling Martinez was the worst bit of post-Wenger business the club has done.

Yeah, he is just not inspiring.

I mean you can't blame GKs for a lot a goals most of the time unless they make a howler, but he just does not have commanding presence that makes gives the rest of the team a bit of confidence.

I like a big keeper personally 6'4" plus, just personal preference, but feel they are less likely to get bullied.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Upgrade will be needed next season he again slow playing from back and the long passing is still awful. But we can't do everything this summer just get keeper who can provide good competition

Tom349

Was being fouled on their second goal but the complete lack of effort to either sell the foul or get free of the grapple hold on him was pathetic. Just laid down and accepted it, ****ing weak.

Corbulo

If you are a goalkeeper the 6-yard box is all yours. You can use your strength to transport the entire human race to an alternate dimension. We had those traits in Martinez.

Being so easily bullied in your box drives me crazy and is not necessarily related with the height. Lehmann, Zoff, Kahn or Peruzzi or any other goalkeeper with leadership skills and actual competitive spirit wouldn't have allowed Jansson to hold them like that.

Poor virgin Leno, the confusion from not knowing what to do is a result of this and it makes him pretend as if he is so confident about what he is doing even when he is not in the actual sense.
Feel a bit sorry for our German blondie who covers his eyes during the scary part and puts his socks on with both feet in the air.

GDeep™

League is very weak
One of the worst keepers in the league, guy is terrible.

Like Keown said last season, if a keeper can’t command his box it’s puts much more pressure on the defence.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Never feel safe with him, think a lot of the goals he let's in he can so better. Lack of concentration most of the time. Palms shots into the opposition etc

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He is so bad. You guys just don’t get what having a gk like him behind your defense does to their confidence. He is constantly making them nervous because at any time he can play a pass 5 yards behind them or way too slow. Sick of it. You just don’t know what he will do.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Was being fouled on their second goal but the complete lack of effort to either sell the foul or get free of the grapple hold on him was pathetic. Just laid down and accepted it, ****ing weak.
This hurt me. Lose your ****, do a LVG and show the ref how you were fooled, curse yell, scream, take the yellow card. Man was obviously hindered and took it and bent over. ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom