• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Established Member
I would rather buy Kevin Trapp who I think is the 2nd best German GK after Manuel Neuer.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Now this is a link to get excited about, yes please.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think people are getting too carried away with this GK situation. CF is a bigger weakness.
It is but I think after strikers, GK's individually gain/save their teams the most points. Every top side needs a top GK. I'm all in for Leno, he looks class.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Scary enough but I could picture Utd going full force after him once De Gea leaves.

Halcyon Daze

Scary enough but I could picture Utd going full force after him once De Gea leaves.
LvG has come out and said they already have a list of replacements, which pretty much means de Gea is off. Can see them making a move for Lloris. He must be bored of playing for a nothing team and now that United are back in the Champions League etc. etc.

Whether GK is our area of priority is debatable, but if this rumour is true and there's a £13m clause, we should be all over it. You can't let these opportunities pass by. Kid looks top drawer.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Ospsina is decent, he doesn't cost you games, but he doesn't win you games either. Leno would be a definite improvement: much taller, better kicking as well and more potential.

Impact

Established Member
Think people are getting too carried away with this GK situation. CF is a bigger weakness.

But there is a distinct lack of options out there in the forward market. Even the top clubs that play with 1 striker have one elite striker, another forward who can also play upfront and a back-up that is a clear level down e.g Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Chelsea.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Yeah, but not because of a brainfart or taking unnecessary risks. He just isn't tall enough.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah, but not because of a brainfart or taking unnecessary risks. He just isn't tall enough.

a goals a goal whether it be from lack of concentration or physical attrbutes. there's probaby little you can do about either as well

except sign someone better

musicmonkey

Established Member
I doubt we're getting a keeper tbh, feels like paper talk again like we've had pretty much every season for years.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Leno has a 25 mil release clause, and apparently both we and Napoli are interested.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
On Leno I haven't watched him at all so I can't say. On GKs in general it seems like a lot of people make judgements without really knowing or having only seen snippets (i'm also guilty of that). It's quite tricky scouting GKs, you really need to watch them consistently to get an idea. Just reading some opinions about Leno some think he's amazing and some think he's terrible.

If any of us are prepared to watch multiple Leverkusen/Koln/Bremen games from now focusing only on the GKs then sure crack on, otherwise I'd lean towards trusting the judgement of paid scouts or fans of those clubs who watch the GKs every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom