• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno

Status
Not open for further replies.

LG10

Think the de gea to Madrid ship has sailed. They'll go all out for Alisson. Oblak makes perfect sense for psg, their goalkeepers are pretty average. Think navas would be a decent pick up for us. His height is worrying though.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Think the de gea to Madrid ship has sailed. They'll go all out for Alisson. Oblak makes perfect sense for psg, their goalkeepers are pretty average. Think navas would be a decent pick up for us. His height is worrying though.

Navas? God no! :eek:

Reactions: HBL

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Oblak to PSG is just depressing. Firstly, I swear they're already being investigated, maybe just chill for a bit hey? Second, you cannot waste his talent in Ligue 1, what is there to save anyway? A guy as good as Oblak needs to be facing top attackers, not sitting on his arse all season till the CL knockout rounds.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
@dashsnow17
Despite the overall quality of the show, they sometimes omit stuff on some themes to make the show work by feeding their narrative, but regarding FIFA, they didn't have to. There's nothing positive to omit.

10:22 for the Quatar bought WC

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Dunno who else we could get. He's been playing poorly lately but is a very good keeper.

It's the hair, just with Bellerin.

Most keepers at the top level are good shot stoppers or they wouldn't be there. Get in someone who's got a bit of distribution and alright feet along a commanding presence in his box. There's a ton of cheaper guys than Oblak but better than Cech who fit that profile. The next goalie doesn't have to be a super sweeper keeper, but stop shots, be controlling of his box, don't gift every long ball to the opposition and communicate with his defense.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
wow would have never guessed theres another Isaiah Rashad fan on here lol

Reactions: BBF

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Dunno who else we could get. He's been playing poorly lately but is a very good keeper.

I get what your saying however its not just Navas' poor form of late, he would also only be a stop-gap and would require replacing again soon, he's 32 in December and I know keepers tend to last a bit longer but I think you only want that if the GK is already exceptional.

Navas' is a good shotstopper and not much else, he is also quite short for a GK; is there really much difference from Ospina?

I imagine Navas could do a job, I would just prefer a younger keeper, maybe Lafont (who I know nothing about), maybe I'm leaning towards if we sign a younger keeper and we make the right decision its a position we dont have to worry about for the next 5yrs etc, just a bit bored of having these short term keepers who have questionable ability.

Stannis

I have felt that Leno is a potentially great keeper who has stagnated at leverkusen, if he is being considered as an Oblak replacement this just underscores that thought.

We should really be in for him or Butland, best we can do given the circumstances imo

StefanB

My biggest concern with Leno is that he's not in that aggressive keeper mould. He doesn't come out with authority and claim crosses etc., instead he's far more cautious. Which might work if he has a decent defence in front of him, but at Arsenal that hasn't really been the case for almost a couple of decades now.

say yes

forum master baiter
Most keepers at the top level are good shot stoppers or they wouldn't be there. Get in someone who's got a bit of distribution and alright feet along a commanding presence in his box. There's a ton of cheaper guys than Oblak but better than Cech who fit that profile. The next goalie doesn't have to be a super sweeper keeper, but stop shots, be controlling of his box, don't gift every long ball to the opposition and communicate with his defense.

Random but I’ve always loved that phrase.

Imagine signing a goalkeeper who wasn’t a good shot stopper.

lucky7

This is an exiting buy for me if it happens as I play GK. I knew we were never in for an Oblak or Donnarumma given our resources so this really hits the sweet spot of high potential up and comer at the right price.

I've watched a bit of him and I think he his exceptional trait is his footwork. He has some of the most active feet I've seen on a GK in awhile. He's doing what I call a stutter hop where he's making small positioning changes while an attacker advances on him. This allows him to react quickly once he has read the shot timing and/or direction and improves his position while doing so. If he reads the shot he takes a large hop while the shooter is drawing their foot back. This allows him to get into a strong leaping position for his dives. Because of his active feet he also is able to make a lot of saves with his feet that would otherwise slip by.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
While I'm not a big fan of Leno, he would at least be an improvement on Cech/Ospina.

After Oblak and Allison, he's the third best GK on the transfer market. We won't be able to compete with Real Madrid / PSG for the first two, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom