• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Bit of confusion with his release clause. Sportbild seem to think it had to be triggered in April and cant be triggered again until 2019. This is the rough translation.

According to SPORT BILD information, the exit clause would have had to be drawn at the end of April and will only take effect again in 2019. Now Leno would be much more expensive ...

tcahill

He will suit Arsenal style, world class on his day. But you can always expect a kos-mustafi level of blunder which will cost you 3 points. He is affordable though, top keepers will cost us our entire transfer budget.

Totally agree. Any keeper better than him will be at least 50 or 60 mill.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Still none the wiser as to how good this guy is. I've heard some people say it would be a bargain at 25m while others say you're basically getting what you pay for; a good goalie but not the best. Others even think he's awful. Seems to be a split opinion.

All I can gather is that he's a good distributor of the ball (which as we all know is the most important thing ever ever ever in modern football ffs), he's good at saving penalties and he's prone to the odd horrendous mistake. Still an improvement on our current lot I suppose.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Any reason why Liverpool, PSG & Barcelona passed on him?

Seems to be him & Horn left of that group of young German keepers that broke through.

Stannis

Any reason why Liverpool, PSG & Barcelona passed on him?

Seems to be him & Horn left of that group of young German keepers that broke through.

Had a poor season last year, a worse confederate cup after that. picked up a bit in the league this year but not the to the standard he once was.

If we buy we hope that he gets out of his slumber.

This guy was for a long considered the next german number 1 after Neuer, better than Ter Stegen, but Leno's career has stagnated.

I wouldn't mind him because of the fact there aren't many affordable keepers of a sufficient quality around. Plus he is good with the ball at his feet which is something that handicaps us.

However Jiri Pavelnka is immense, I'm a big fan and sort of shocked that there arent any link to him. Doubt he would cost more than 25 million.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Had a poor season last year, a worse confederate cup after that. picked up a bit in the league this year but not the to the standard he once was.

If we buy we hope that he gets out of his slumber.

This guy was for a long considered the next german number 1 after Neuer, better than Ter Stegen, but Leno's career has stagnated.

I wouldn't mind him because of the fact there aren't many affordable keepers of a sufficient quality around. Plus he is good with the ball at his feet which is something that handicaps us.

However Jiri Pavelnka is immense, I'm a big fan and sort of shocked that there arent any link to him. Doubt he would cost more than 25 million.

You seen any of Koen Casteels? We've been linked to him too.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Hahaha how much of this is your objective opinion and how much is the Stuttgart bias? That was a pretty good clearance, no? ;)

He broke that man's face, guy swallowed his tongue and almost died on the pitch. It's reckless and a red.

There's a bit of bias in it, sure, but that reckless clearance shows his rather clownish play. Nothing more than average. Answered in the other thread on BL GKs

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
He broke that man's face, guy swallowed his tongue and almost died on the pitch. It's reckless and a red.

There's a bit of bias in it, sure, but that reckless clearance shows his rather clownish play. Nothing more than average. Answered in the other thread on BL GKs

Fair enough, if he ain't that good he ain't that good. But, that was a good clearance. If he had missed the ball completely then you could complain, but it was a good punch. Not really his fault that he smashed the guy's face in, that's just unfortunate.

*Totally understand that you dislike him though haha.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
yeah saw those links today, there's nothing about him that stands out over the others we have been linked to, bar his height

Fair enough, so it's back to the Pavlenka train then! I'm all aboard that. Bremen fans f*cking love him, so he must be doing something right.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Fair enough, so it's back to the Pavlenka train then! I'm all aboard that. Bremen fans f*cking love him, so he must be doing something right.

There is no chance that Pavlenka will leave us today. Kohfeldt confirmed it once again today. We will probably sell Delaney this summer and we don't need more money for transfers. We want a good league position next year and not selling all our best players.

Casteels is a good one. Good on the line, good on corners and freekicks, passig is at least okay.
Think we will see him one day in the PL, but outside the Top 6.

Hopefully we will get at least a big keeper next season, not a small one like Ospina, Navas..

nick gould

Why not get butland from stoke city. His club have been relegated, he will not be too expensive. Injury prone as well so he will fit Arsenal to the t.

Stannis

we should know about this soon. Even though Leno is a reserve player, Jogi Low would want this sorted before the WC

Also if Arteta has taken Pep on board, he would want a goalkeeper that is good with the ball at his feet.

neimad

giphy.gif

My Karius senses are tingling

lucky7

2 are enough.

A experienced one, new younger one, Chambers, Holding, Mavropanos. Should be enough.

And one day Koscielny will be back.

With the injury he has I think the club shouldn't count on him any more than cazorla. It's one of the toughest to return to full fitness from. From that perspective I think 3 cb's isn't outlandish.

1 experienced "peak" cb
1 youth prospect
1 veteran

This also gives us the squad to run 3 at the back if we wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom