• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yes, there is absolutely more to life than claiming corners.

Not like Leno outright doesn't claim any - just doesn't assure some of you when he does it. Thankfully how fans feel about a keeper claiming corners isn't too important as long as he does it.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Yes, there is absolutely more to life than claiming corners.

Not like Leno outright doesn't claim any - just doesn't assure some of you when he does it. Thankfully how fans feel about a keeper claiming corners isn't too important as long as he does it.
Tbf he jumps and just completely missed the ball sometimes. You would think he had learned to catch a ball in the air by age 28

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Tbf he jumps and just completely missed the ball sometimes. You would think he had learned to catch a ball in the air by age 28
Well, you can watch Martinez catch all the corners over at Villa if you want :lol:

I don't really know what to say to you guys except its gonna be a long season for you. Take care.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Well, you can watch Martinez catch all the corners over at Villa if you want :lol:

I don't really know what to say to you guys except its gonna be a long season for you. Take care.
I Still think hes a great keeper. But, not good at corners

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

You‘ve got quite a strange dismissive attitude to having a keeper who’s good at a lot of stuff but who will also have you ****ting your pants way more than you should be if the opposition get a corner in close game...

I’ll go out on a limb and say it’s linked to your stance on Emi being sold. Outrageous, I know, but that’s what I think :lol:

Also putting being a sweeper keeper above handling corners and high balls into the box is nothing short of absurd! He’s a goalkeeper?!

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You‘ve got quite a strange dismissive attitude to having a keeper who’s good at a lot of stuff but who will also have you ****ting your pants way more than you should be if the opposition get a corner in close game...

I’ll go out on a limb and say it’s linked to your stance on Emi being sold. Outrageous, I know, but that’s what I think :lol:

Also putting being a sweeper keeper above handling corners and high balls into the box is nothing short of absurd! He’s a goalkeeper?!
Not dismissive at all - he's at Villa and I don't know what you want me to do, I didn't sell him :lol:

I have done nothing but praise Martinez and its you guys who cant appreciate him without dumping on Leno - you've all made it weird.

The only thing I am dismissive of is Leno being a problem or clearly inferior to Martinez when he's just not.

Leno's shot stopping ability is superb, his ability to sniff out danger and close down the attacker, play out the back and clear his lines is what saw Leno give Cech the boot.

You all want to down play all this cause you like the way Martinez claims corners and 3 months of form - its nonsense lets be honest.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not dismissive at all - he's at Villa and I don't know what you want me to do, I didn't sell him :lol:

I have done nothing but praise Martinez and its you guys who cant appreciate him without dumping on Leno - you've all made it weird.

The only thing I am dismissive of is Leno being a problem or clearly inferior to Martinez when he's just not.

Leno's shot stopping ability is superb, his ability to sniff out danger and close down the attacker, play out the back and clear his lines is what saw Leno give Cech the boot.

You all want to down play all this cause you like the way Martinez claims corners and 3 months of form - its nonsense lets be honest.
Look at my posts about Leno in the past, I’ve been a bit of a Stan tbh... I’ve defended him against all his long standing critics that you see now, so I’m far from ****ting on him.

Emi just reminded me of that extra level of security that we weren’t quite getting from Leno though—albeit for a few months—but he was always held in high regard. To say it’s just a few months form is wrong as well—he’s done well for us when called upon for years now.

We’ve got a good keeper but that one flaw he has is a bad one. Not being good on crosses is what gives you the label “dodgy keeper”. Now I know he doesn’t fall into that category, but you do a few of them on the spin and cost the team, and all of a sudden you’re struggling.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Faultless...

...a great 12 month run of form for us and Reading v an entire career of basically doing nothing, doesn't prove he is better than Leno who has shown more sustained runs of form than Mratinez.

Emi has some character about him, but nothing special...hope he does well at Villa, but we haven't lost prime Seaman here guys, relax!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Faultless...

...a great 12 month run of form for us and Reading v an entire career of basically doing nothing, doesn't prove he is better than Leno who has shown more sustained runs of form than Mratinez.

Emi has some character about him, but nothing special...hope he does well at Villa, but we haven't lost prime Seaman here guys, relax!
No keeper is faultless and nobody ever said Emi was either. It's a journey. It's not where you've been, it's where you're going. Emi looks on the up, whereas Leno hasn't shaken off that 'dodgy on crosses' tag since he's been here.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No keeper is faultless and nobody ever said Emi was either. It's a journey. It's not where you've been, it's where you're going. Emi looks on the up, whereas Leno hasn't shaken off that 'dodgy on crosses' tag since he's been here.

Of course Emi looks on the up, man is 28 and it is his first full season starting at a top flight club...there was nowhere for him to go but up really :lol:

I back Leno to have a quality year.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Of course Emi looks on the up, man is 28 and it is his first full season starting at a top flight club...there was nowhere for him to go but up really :lol:

I back Leno to have a quality year.
I back Leno as well, but I was overlooking that flaw tbh. I just really hope he irons it out. The rest of his game is excellent.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Just a bad game today, he’s just not good at coming for crosses and it shows.

It doesn’t help that our defense is under so much pressure tho... if we had a midfield his weaknesses would show much less.

Still good enough, though. This team has much more pressing needs.

LG10

Yep he’s ****. Last season was his Pickford at Sunderland season; we made him look good because we defended like relegation candidates and made him face tons of shots.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Like I said already, It's gonna be a LONG season. Any corner or set-piece we concede and you're not gonna feel at ease at all.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Some here really have a personal problem with him. It's scary.

He isn't fault, that the club sold your girlfriend Martinez to Aston Villa.

You can argue about the first goal, that he should save it better, but even there Tierney and Luiz have a bigger part in this goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom