• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Bernd Leno (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I remember it being said that our loan system was very bad before it was revamped a few years back, essentially the player was loaned and not in contact with the club at all, now there is apparently much more contact between both the clubs and between the club and the player. Apparently injured players were almost shunted to the side as well where they would have very little day to day interaction with the first team.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I remember it being said that our loan system was very bad before it was revamped a few years back, essentially the player was loaned and not in contact with the club at all, now there is apparently much more contact between both the clubs and between the club and the player. Apparently injured players were almost shunted to the side as well where they would have very little day to day interaction with the first team.
The loans this year have been much better. Solid teams loaned to and some great results like with Willock and also AMN. Guendouzi to Hertha and Torreira to Atletico I am not so sure about, but there you are.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The loans this year have been much better. Solid teams loaned to and some great results like with Willock and also AMN. Guendouzi to Hertha and Torreira to Atletico I am not so sure about, but there you are.
With Guendouzi, we still did fine. The club can only make sure that he plays regularly. How he uses it the chances is entirely upto him. Torreira was a bad one though.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

With Guendouzi, we still did fine. The club can only make sure that he plays regularly. How he uses it the chances is entirely upto him. Torreira was a bad one though.

And let's not forget that Torreira chose Atletico completely (we certainly did not want him to go there given the circumstances).

If he hadn't gotten his head turned like boo boo the fool he'd have gone to Serie A, would likely have featured heavily (or atleast more so than at Madrid) and we might have sold him by now.

So whilst I've criticised Edu and Arteta heavily this season, the loans do seem to have been planned well, I'll give em that.

Last edited:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I loved Gnabry before his injury, I remember it quite clearly. That loan to Pulis’ West Brom ruined the trust between Gnabry and Wenger.

It was Wenger’s worst decision in his Arsenal career.
Totally agree.
Wenger prioritized developing Chamberlain over Gnabry, that's why he left.
Indeed, another major error...Even Iwobi looked potentially above him in the pecking order.

The Gnabry thing was a fiasco of Wenger's making from top to bottom. Even the injury pre-West Brom you can connect to the injury issues that were endemic to Wenger's latter reign.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Very happy keeping Leno and improving the goalkeeping coach if the players don't rate him. Leno seems to have regressed since he's come in. Leno's definitely not a priority to replace, he's decent and sometimes very good.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Didn't Szcz and Fabianski say our goalkeeping coaches were crap...when's the last time we actually had a good one!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Didn't Szcz and Fabianski say our goalkeeping coaches were crap...when's the last time we actually had a good one!

Yeah, Gerry Peyton.

Cech brought in his own guy, than we had someone that was apparently good and that Leno and Emi liked.

Cana came in and it was back to the Peyton days, unless I'm mistaken.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That was Gerry Peyton, very underrated, top notch, 'triffic...

Can read about his excellence here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom