• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Bernd Leno (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah, Gerry Peyton.

Cech brought in his own guy, than we had someone that was apparently good and that Leno and Emi liked.

Cana came in and it was back to the Peyton days, unless I'm mistaken.

The story were Peyton walks into the video room with the two of them, puts on a comp of Szcz conceding goals, says "See, you're not perfect afterall", then leaves.

The kind of personal coaching you just don't get nowadays.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Inaki recommendations are crap otherwise he very well admired Goal keeper coach he made both Emi and Leno good. not sure what renato on about.

Riou

That was Gerry Peyton, very underrated, top notch, 'triffic...

Can read about his excellence here:

I love that we went on unbeaten in 2004...with a manger as renowned as Arsène Wenger, loads of world class players...and a bunch of Only Fools And Horses characters on the coaching team :lol:

Gn1212

Yeah, Gerry Peyton.

Cech brought in his own guy, than we had someone that was apparently good and that Leno and Emi liked.

Cana came in and it was back to the Peyton days, unless I'm mistaken.
The one that was apparently good is Cana actually. Leno did like him initially. Same for Emi, his game improved in his last year at Arsenal.

Not sure what happened with Leno and Cana. Could be that Cana preferred Emi and Leno learned about it.

Gn1212

Seeing Runnarson being brought in can break a man.

(Good shout tho)
To his credit. I think it was revealed that Runarsson wasn't supposed to be #2. He was supposed to be 3rd choice and possibly get loaned out.

Raya was supposed to be #2 but the club didn't want to meet Brentford's valuation. I know Raya gets a lot of **** because of his error vs Fulham but there's a reason Brentford weren't interested in selling him, even after he cost them promotion.
He is the template for modern goalkeepers. Brilliant on the ball, unorthodox positioning(he does it on purpose to force players to shoot in a specific direction, it does look bad when it backfires though, like the Fulham game) combined with insane reflexes.
Wouldn't be surprised if Pep is interested in him at some point.

Iceman10

Established Member
Not sure everything with Lemo can be blamed on a coach, and not on what is between his ears. With the GK drama this window, people not liking a target such as Ramsdale, there is relief that there might be continuity with Leno, but that will all be forgotten quick if his blunders and shakiness during the second half of last season carry through to next season. Just something to note on Leno suddenly becoming better in the eyes of some in here over the last day or so. I'm 50-50 on this, there is risk associated with him staying as #1, just as there is risk in replacing him badly.

Riou

Leno needs to leave Arsenal, as much as Arsenal need to replace him as number 1.

He's a good keeper, but his head has gone...hope to see Ramsdale starting for us soon.

Goonger

That's where Onana likely goes at this point in his career. Likely gets promises of being the sure #1. We might attract him with money though.

Yeah, dream scenario would be Onana in on a pre contract, Leno out in the summer for a reasonable fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom