• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Bernd Leno (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Would be incredibly intelligent to sell players like Bellerin, Leno and Xhaka. They are approaching the end of their deals here and have been the spine of a squad which has utterly failed in the last few years. On top of this, they don't even suit our style of play or the league in general, all 3 have looked like square pegs in round holes at some stage in the last year or so.

It's covid so I doubt it's possible but if we get good bids for any of these guys they should be gone. I would take 20-25m for each.
Let's be real - it'd be more common sense than anything. For Edu this club though, I'd say it'd incredibly surprising

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Is he a bit of an outsider in the squad? Sort of want your keeper to have a strong connection with his defenders.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Must... not................................................................................We had his replacement in Emi and now we need to wait until November for Onana (if signed) to be able to play for us.

Sorry, AG.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Must... not................................................................................We had his replacement in Emi and now we need to wait until November for Onana (if signed) to be able to play for us.

Sorry, AG.
This is the most frustrating part of this whole situation. To go from having two competent GKs to potentially starting over in that position less than 12 months later. Well, well... Anyhow, we can only sell Leno for a good fee and with an adequate replacement lined up from early in the pre-season.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If we eventually sell Leno and sign Onana and he’s a success it’s not the end of the world.

Would mean we would have sold our keepers for £30-40m and signed a keeper for £10m. A long way to go first ofc.

I’m not so sure Martinez would have been so good with his feet either, we didn’t put him under the same sort of pressure we put Leno this season. Martinez was a strong kicker (like Pickford) but not necessarily amazing at playing out from the back, that’s two different things.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Sorry, AG.
As I said last summer, I wouldn't have been against Arteta keeping Emi as #1 and selling Leno but no one was bidding for the latter coming off an injury. The clubs that could afford his wages weren't looking for a GK. They couldn't have two GK's at the club on big wages so something had to give.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Just wondering, .. I know we gotta fix things longterm, but if we were to get Donnaruma on loan, which is supposedly to be loaned out and targeted by Roma, I wouldnt mind having an actually quality shortterm loan for getting back into top 4 for once.

The keeper situation doesn't look too impressive right now and might be a lot brighter next year, maybe with European football again.

You rarely stand a chance in our position to get an elite keeper on loan and I'd say we would have a good chance here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom