• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Bernd Leno (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Mix

Tbh I was a bit shocked to see Transfermarkt say that because I was so sure he had it until 2023, a year more than Martinez when we sold him. So had to research.

Pretty sure Leno is sold next summer, like Riou somewhere said, his head is gone. In that link he said he might want to go south to play.

The good thing is that Onana's & Johnstone's contract expires 2022, and Pope's 2023. There should be some good cheap options available next summer. Any other possible ones? Leno should fetch at least 10 million I think.
Arsenal can't sell a camel to a Bedouin. He will go on loan and then sod off for free.

Vanpayslip

Leno reminds me of that phase Arsène went through where he thought it was cool signing German players/players from bundesliga.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Before signing Leno there was a lot of talk about his mentality and how he needed to leave Leverkusen and get a fresh start, it seems to be the same with us.

Starts well and then gets bored or unmotivated for whatever reason.

Was once one of the hyped young keepers in Germany along with Ter Stegen, its now clear why he has never reached higher, on his day is a quality GK but not exactly a position you want so many off days.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Arsenal losing all their players for free, contract terminations, or giving them away on loans.
That's what happens when you stockpile buns and people tell you it's fine because 'they're back up'. That's why you gotta respect WIllian at least he didn't care about the money as much as his happiness. These other guys want to sit around miserable so they can buy their 14th car or some new shoes for their side chick so she doesn't tell the wife.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Any mention of fees? We bought him for €25m and according to transfermarkt his value is still around €22m. If we could get €15-20m for him next year, that'd be great.

We've gotten a lot from him and he's a good keeper, but he's just part of a squad that's been on decline for years and I feel like he doesn't command trust from the defense (anymore). Still amazing reflexes and would probably do well for whoever buys him (as long as it's not a CL contending team he should do very well).

IstraBalagina

Good riddance

peter parker film GIF

Pop Tart

Established Member
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
Before signing Leno there was a lot of talk about his mentality and how he needed to leave Leverkusen and get a fresh start, it seems to be the same with us.

Starts well and then gets bored or unmotivated for whatever reason.

Was once one of the hyped young keepers in Germany along with Ter Stegen, its now clear why he has never reached higher, on his day is a quality GK but not exactly a position you want so many off days.
This I agree with, his heart does not seem in it anymore since last season. That wolves game when he got sent off was like he could not be bothered anymore. Yes our defence does not help itself but I still think he can do better with some of the goals this season and last. He likes to pull off the Hollywood saves when we are 4 nil down , not at nil nil or 1 down.

Seems arrogant as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom