• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Bernd Leno (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyres7

If Leno leaves our backups would be Karl Hein and Arthur Okonkwo. They're both young, but have a lot of quality.

Hein is already Estonia's #1, so he's gaining a lot of experience at a high level. Okonkwo appears to slightly ahead of Hein in the GK pecking order, but they're at about the same level. Right now Hein and Okonkwo are fighting to be the third choice GK. Hein is on the bench against Wimbledon, so he might be ahead of Okonkwo now.

If these two get half a season of experience with the first team this year, they could be ready to backup Ramsdale if Leno leaves. My guess is that Arteta is banking on these two to develop a lot over the next couple of months if we're going to let Leno leave.
Okwonkwo might have blown his chance in pre-season. He was a nervous wreck. Hopefully he bounces back but I doubt we'll be relying on him or Hein as second choice just yet.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Okwonkwo might have blown his chance in pre-season. He was a nervous wreck. Hopefully he bounces back but I doubt we'll be relying on him or Hein as second choice just yet.

His promotion and the hype they created around it looks like a big mistake now. Pretty sure they prefer Hein as the 3rd gk now and thats a bit farcical.

sdotzdot

Established Member
I used to like Leno and thought he had the potential to get better but he seemed to have given up with the whole fiasco with Martinez when he got injured. He completely dropped in form and his body language on the pitch just did not seem like he cared.

It’s extremely strange considering he ended up being chosen over Martinez, my only thought process is that maybe we were doing something in the background with Martinez trying to tell him he’d eventually be our #1 and it didn’t sit right with Leno. Martinez ended up rejecting us and Leno got pissed off.

Pure speculation obviously but I feel like something definitely happened in that time as he really has stopped giving a **** since then.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I used to like Leno and thought he had the potential to get better but he seemed to have given up with the whole fiasco with Martinez when he got injured. He completely dropped in form and his body language on the pitch just did not seem like he cared.

It’s extremely strange considering he ended up being chosen over Martinez, my only thought process is that maybe we were doing something in the background with Martinez trying to tell him he’d eventually be our #1 and it didn’t sit right with Leno. Martinez ended up rejecting us and Leno got pissed off.

Pure speculation obviously but I feel like something definitely happened in that time as he really has stopped giving a **** since then.
Yes. This is weird. If anything, Arsenal choosing Leno over Martinez should have made Leno more enthusiastic and willing to prove them right. But he totally dropped off after that.
Maybe Martinez took screenshots of all messages Mikel sent him to convince him to stay and forwarded them to Leno.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The Athletic say whatever the club tells them I don’t trust it. Leno ain’t signing a contract so they moved on from him.
The club never started talks with him, that says to me they're looking to move on.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

think it might be an Icelandic/German thing - I mean who could be expected to like a nation who calls their favourite snack 'der papageientaucher'?
What do you mean an Icelandic/German thing? That's a bit like saying an English/Dutch thing. Two different countries, two different languages...

Did he shag your girlfriend or what the fvck is the problem?

Oh just to be clear. Im only talking about his **** character and mentality in football terms. Not that I would ever hang out with Leno and invite him to my favorite VIP seat at my favorite bar. There are other more sexier people to do that like young nuns for example.

Even his biggest fans are questioning his mentality so Im in every right here.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't be completely shocked if we signed another GK if Leno leaves, but Hein and Okwonkwo have half a season to prove that they can backup Ramsdale. Both of them have been highly rated for a while so hopefully they can seize this opportunity.

I wouldn't completely write of Okwonkwo just yet, but he's definitely opened the door for Hein.

TornadoTed

Established Member
If Leno leaves then probably the best solution is to get a relatively experienced keeper on loan like we did with Matt Ryan last season. Get Okonkwo or Hein or both some games on loan in the Championship or League One and see how they do with a decent run of senior football before making a longer term decision.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
I wouldn't be completely shocked if we signed another GK if Leno leaves, but Hein and Okwonkwo have half a season to prove that they can backup Ramsdale. Both of them have been highly rated for a while so hopefully they can seize this opportunity.

I wouldn't completely write of Okwonkwo just yet, but he's definitely opened the door for Hein.

Onana would be a perfect Leno replacement but I’ll be surprised if that one happens unless he’s given number 1 assurances.

If that fails I think Hein has better potential than Okwonkwo and wouldn’t be against him stepping up as back-up to Ramsdale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom