• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Bernd Leno (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
With 1.5 year in his contract we might able to get 10m+ he only 29 years old for gk is still young. But I'm sure clubs will ask for loans

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Wenger used to stick with goalkeepers in a competition, which was respectful. Arteta played Leno against Forest and dumped him for Liverpool. Can see why he’s not happy. Man management again.
I think mostly the moment he saw he lost his place to Ramsdale during the season we all know he will ask to leave he too good to be number 2 he can at most clubs in europe

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think mostly the moment he saw he lost his place to Ramsdale during the season we all know he will ask to leave he too good to be number 2 he can at most clubs in europe
True, but I still had a good point about respect.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Sell him to Newcastle for 15-20m, none of this loan BS.

Bring in a cheap second choice and add the rest to get us a midfielder.

Kav

Established Member
I’ve seen some reports that the club is looking to get a MLS keeper in as back up. Sounds like it’s over for Leno. Say what you want about Arteta but the man is ruthless when it comes to exiling players.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I’ve seen some reports that the club is looking to get a MLS keeper in as back up. Sounds like it’s over for Leno. Say what you want about Arteta but the man is ruthless when it comes to exiling players.
Not exactly smart when you need a squad of 20+ player to achieve anything in football.

Arteta may need to brush up on how he manages the fringe players instead of just sell anyone who isn't happy and replacing them with either nobody or some bum who believes he's won the lottery joining arsenal.

Reactions: Kav

Malky

Established Member
Wenger used to stick with goalkeepers in a competition, which was respectful. Arteta played Leno against Forest and dumped him for Liverpool. Can see why he’s not happy. Man management again.
Even when we got to the final of the FA Cups under Wenger, unless he had serious doubts, he'd stick with his cup keeper - like 2014 he stuck with Fabianski, and 2017 he selected Ospina, despite Cech being his first choice.
Can't blame Leno if he wants to leave.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Even when we got to the final of the FA Cups under Wenger, unless he had serious doubts, he'd stick with his cup keeper - like 2014 he stuck with Fabianski, and 2017 he selected Ospina, despite Cech being his first choice.
Can't blame Leno if he wants to leave.
He can leave. But when the club have a suitable replacement. And that may be in summer. Not now. He signed a contract. He earns a lot. Another 4 months posting on Instagram with his banging wife won't hurt him.

Mark Irwin: Arsenal prepared to let Leno join Newcastle on loan before £10m transfer in the summer IF they stay up

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

i don't get Newcastle they pretty stable in that position and they trying to add 4th keeper in squad loan plus 10M obligation is the best we could get

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
What’s with the low valuation we have been placing on our players?
Goal keepers usually don't cost much specially the Leno case he been backup want to leave 1.5 years left in his contract we'd be lucky getting 10M max.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ridiculous by us, tbh...they are a massive future threat, shouldn't be helping them at all, Arsenal acting dumb as usual.

Also, I dislike how your reserve keeper has to always play in the cups these days...when you get close to winning it, you should always play your starters, there is a reason he isn't starting in the league.

We would definitely had lost the 2005 cup final, if Arsène picked Almunia over Jens.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Ridiculous by us, tbh...they are a massive threat to us, Arsenal acting dumb as usual.

Also, I dislike how your reserve keeper has the always play in the cups...when you get close to winning it, you should always play your starters.

We would definitely had lost to the 2005 cup final, if Arsène picked Almunia over Jens.
There are some promises or even clauses in contracts. If you promise a player a certain quantity of matches you stick with unless he is doing stupidly bad. And we all know Leno is perfectly capable of playing fa cup final.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
People were going after Ramsdale after having a poor game v Liverpool, Leno was awful the entire season last year (still shouldn't help Newcastle, he could get his form back there) there is a reason we bought Aaron.

It didn't work last night, but I am glad Arteta played our first choice goalkeeper, shows the right intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom