• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Bernd Leno (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
Goal keepers usually don't cost much specially the Leno case he been backup want to leave 1.5 years left in his contract we'd be lucky getting 10M max.
I get that he’s back up now but he was starting keeper less than 4 months ago. He’s a quality keeper. He’s worth at least 15 million in my book.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
People were going after Ramsdale after having a poor game v Liverpool, Leno was awful the entire season last year (still shouldn't help Newcastle, he could get his form back there) there is a reason we bought Aaron.

It didn't work last night, but I am glad Arteta played our first choice goalkeeper, shows the right intent.
I disagree. Leno is good enough to play chocolate cup.

Kav

Established Member
People were going after Ramsdale after having a poor game v Liverpool, Leno was awful the entire season last year (still shouldn't help Newcastle, he could get his form back there) there is a reason we bought Aaron.

It didn't work last night, but I am glad Arteta played our first choice goalkeeper, shows the right intent.
Such BS. Awful the entire season?

Some seriously awful posting from you here.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Such BS. Awful the entire season?

Some seriously awful posting from you here.

He let Emi's form the previous year get in his head...was so poor last season, no one can deny that.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
His wage is the problem. 10 million is not great, but it's a fair price to be honest. If we get a solid back-up on a lower wage, I am happy to let him go. I am still impressed how we got 20 million for Emi :lol:

BenTal

Btw, it's said in the article that Arsenal values him 10 millio, which can be BS because it's from Sun! Maybe, Newcastle knock our door with more money.

Kav

Established Member
He let Emi's form the previous year get in his head...was so poor last season, no one can deny that.
Didn’t he singlehandedly keep us in a few games last season there was one game he made like 10 saves and we still let in at least 3 that day. The defense was all over the place last year.

Despite that he only let in 37 goals last season over 35 games. Hardly as bad as you’re making him out to be.

BenTal

Didn’t he singlehandedly keep us in a few games last season there was one game he made like 10 saves and we still let in at least 3 that day. The defense was all over the place last year.

Despite that he only let in 37 goals last season over 35 games. Hardly as bad as you’re making him out to be.
I agree, but he's awful in the air, and not confident with his feet. He is a good goal keeper, but certainly not great; Mendy level for me, nothing more. Recall that we were all praying when our opponents had a free kick last year

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
It will be pretty hard to get both a decent fee and someone to take on his wages which are pretty substantial for the level of club likely to be looking at him. I'm pretty sure that's a huge factor in why Martinez was sold instead of him.

Considering he's also sat on the bench all season, 10m wouldn't be the worst fee in the world.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It will be pretty hard to get both a decent fee and someone to take on his wages which are pretty substantial for the level of club likely to be looking at him. I'm pretty sure that's a huge factor in why Martinez was sold instead of him.

Considering he's also sat on the bench all season, 10m wouldn't be the worst fee in the world.
It is when you're going to pay 5m for a bum from the MLS. Even if he's on half the wages it's a completely ridiculous thing to do.

Reactions: Kav

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Leno isn’t a 2nd choice goalie, he’s a first choice who’s just been replaced, he’s not Matt Turnip, he’s worth more than 10m ffs
But to us he is just a German dude that doesn’t play. What value does he has for us? He is being paid as first choice keeper, but playing second keeper minutes. The club has been reducing the inflated wage bill and getting rid of a lot of guys who contribute nothing

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Newcastle will probably block us from top 4 rather soon. I really hope its bs that we are trying to help them stay in the Premier League.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Leno isn’t a 2nd choice goalie, he’s a first choice who’s just been replaced, he’s not Matt Turnip, he’s worth more than 10m ffs
His contract will expire in a year in the summer and he's about to be 30. We don't have a lot of room to make these demands. Take what they're offering or he'll walk on a free like Nketiah, Kolasinac, Özil etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom