• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Talk of the Show

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
You haven't even seen him in action for us, and yet you judge him.

It's a preaseason friendly under a new coach, with a new defence and a new league with a player who's still trying to find fitness.

The state of this forum and it's posters. My God what an impatient bunch of people.
It's always from one extreme to the next. Lol. He was better than Cech when he signed and now he's worse because of one mistake.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It's always from one extreme to the next. Lol. He was better than Cech when he signed and now he's worse because of one mistake.
An alleged and completely unsubstantiated mistake of which there seems no tangible evidence at that.

neimad

I feel uncomfortable just watching that. When did the singing become a thing I wonder. Like I can't imagine players like Stuart Pearce doing this. I bet it was someone like John Terry who came up with it to ridicule n00bs.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
is a bit like David James amazing talent, but his mental strength will decide whether he will turn in to a Neuer or Fabianski

Absolutely not. Leno is talentwise as performance wise above what James has ever had/done.

His mistakes have made the rounds more than his mostly solid to very good performance in the Bundesliga since he's been just 19 or 20 years old. But that's the case with any keeper. They all have ridiculous mistakes.

He's (been) a massive talent, rated higher until U21 level than ter Stegen, but then kinda fell into the stagnation/one step ahead two steps back mentality/mold of Vizekusen over the last years.

He definitely has the mental strength, it's rather about finding his footing at Arsenal, freeing up his mind and getting back to developing, just like ter Stegen did at Barcelona - and remember: that guy is now rated one of the top 5 keepers, but had shocking mistakes in him, struggled in his first season in Spain and got at times benched for Jasper Cillessen.

Right now Leno is already one of the top keepers in the league, the question is just will he become one of the very best alongside de Gea and Courtois. I do hope for the latter and am quietly confident he will get back to his best, but even the former is miles ahead of what Cech has delivered last season.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This guy is as cool as you like on the ball. It's like having an extra ball-playing centre back.

Impact

Established Member
Has definitely shown the confidence to play the ball out of the back consistently in pre-season. Need some time to determine whether he has the requisite quality.

Noticed that a few times he put our defenders in unenviable positions with some of his decisions. I do think he is an improvement on the ball in comparison to Petr nonetheless. Also love how quick he is off his line to sweep up behind our defensive line.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom