• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Talk of the Show

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Thought he came in yesterday and excellently. Made some big saves and didn't seem phased by the physical approach of Watford. He really kept us in the game during that 2nd 1/2 when Watford had some great chances to score.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He showed his athleticism yesterday, the save, the punches (not all though) and at one point he ran way out to clear, good anticipation. Cech has been good this season and made some important saves but his athleticism is behind him. Leno will improve with a run in the side, coming in as No2 when you want to be No1 will always increase pressure, I feel some of his errors have come about due to that.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Cech is out for three weeks then Leno will have max 3 matches to stake his claim -- Qarabag on Oct. 4, Fulham on Oct. 7, and Leicester on Oct. 22. Due to the international break he won't get too many matches.

Basically, it looks like we may have an increasingly intense competition between the two of them leading up the Liverpool match on Nov. 3. I wouldn't be surprised we have no idea whether Cech or Leno will start which of the three between the Leicester and Liverpool matches.

However, starts against Liverpool, and if they play really well, will probably be our new #1.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If Cech is out for three weeks then Leno will have max 3 matches to stake his claim -- Qarabag on Oct. 4, Fulham on Oct. 7, and Leicester on Oct. 22. Due to the international break he won't get too many matches.

Basically, it looks like we may have an increasingly intense competition between the two of them leading up the Liverpool match on Nov. 3. I wouldn't be surprised we have no idea whether Cech or Leno will start which of the three between the Leicester and Liverpool matches.

However, starts against Liverpool, and if they play really well, will probably be our new #1.
Cech is old, will take him a while to get fit again.

Stannis

Tonight we saw a glimpse of the kind of goalie Leno could be - not so much of his passing/technical skills but he put in a very solid performance in terms of box control and shot stopping. Cech would have been impressed.

Yep

I understand why people have doubts about him, but it’s important to restate that couple years ago he was rated higher than Ter Stegan. He lost his way, hopefully he gets back to where he should be with us

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Cech has been good for the most part of this season but I'm still happy Leno is starting now. Needs to cement his place in the starting line up now with clean sheets and good build-up play from the back. No way Cech gets back in if he continues like this.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Haven’t been able to watch us much lately but given the replies here I’m guessing he hasn’t been that amazing?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well it's great to see we got 2 keepers are on form unlike last season. The new GK coach should take alot of credit.

Tom349

Anyone else reckon the defence and midfield are more confident receiving the ball with Leno in goals due to his better distribution and decision making than Cech. Might just be because we played Fulham but can't help but feel that today they were more willing to receive the ball than they have been in the past.

Reactions: Jae
Top Bottom