Bernd Leno: Talk of the Show

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Vinci, Jun 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Man of the match yesterday.

Nyctophobia likes this.
  2. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Yesterday was the first time I really thought he might be a number 1 for years to come.

Dj_sds - likes this.
  3. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Agree our game really suffers because of cechs inability to play from the back

4. razörist

razörist Jinx Police

5. tap-in

tap-in :-)

It has to be, the save alone was incredible, the fact it was a double save with one each way makes it that more special. He's shown many times that his reflexes are very fast but this tops the lot!

6. Eduardo_da_Silva

Eduardo_da_Silva Well-Known Member

His development seems alot like that of Ter Stegen at Barca. Long may it continue.

7. Beast Incarnate

Beast Incarnate Well-Known Member

Still looks a bit shaky with crosses. Once he sorts that, he'll be one of the best in the Prem.

SingmeasongSong and Camron like this.
  8. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Eh? He already is

9. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

He's capable of ridiculous saves, which is very handy. Got a tendency to make a meal of stuff occasionally though. Don't recall many resulting in goals, just scary moments. Iron that out and we're set.

10. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Start of the season people seen Liverpool and Chelsea paying £70M+ for their keepers and genuinely thought Leno was a waste of money at £20M. :lol::lol:
    Kepa has been rubbish for Chelsea and I'd argue that Leno has had more of an impact here than Allison has at Liverpool.
    Brilliant signing.

say yes and Sapient Hawk like this.
  11. zhaggy

zhaggy Active Member

Allison has a defence in front of him thats miles better than ours so yeah i second that thought

12. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

That's not true by the away.

13. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

He's definitely had an impact here but its difficult to compare him to Allison's impact as Liverpool have upped there defensive game (partly due to confidence in a GK) where as we still have Mustafi, imagine trying to concentrate on stuff coming down the left flank when you also need to be watching what that f**ker is doing..

14. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

He's not been rubbish, the price paid for him in comparison to Leno is a waste I think though, we seem to have got a better deal.

15. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

16. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

How many mistakes has he made that led to a goal? Off the top of my head it's just the Deir one? I don't count the Milner one either.

17. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

He made a few more mistakes earlier that didn't lead to goals, but now that he has adapted to the league he is sublime.

18. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Southampton away?

19. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Ex-Troll

20. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

The number of point blank saves he's made is shocking both for his competency at them and the repulsive defending that lead to that volume of chances conceded.