Bernd Leno: Talk of the Show

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Vinci, Jun 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

He did make few mistake earlier in the season, but not many led to goal. The bigger question is how many points did he won for us, I have a feeling that he makes great saves when the results are tight and he keeps us in the game.

2. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Produced another two top quality save against Watford.

American_Gooner and Mark Tobias like this.
  3. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

£20,000,000 well spent I say.

Kepa who?

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  4. dbig

dbig Active Member

One of the reasons we have more points this season. The other is PEA's great form at the start of the season.

5. DanDare

DanDare Spreading positive vibes

Quietly doing the business. Very solid

6. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Top class saves on two occassions. The freekick and the near post incident. Brilliant!

7. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

I think Kepa and Allison were nothing special this season, but I didn't watch de Gea that much to say that Leno did better than him.

8. ThlRama

ThlRama Well-Known Member

Nothing special either. Leno is up there right now.

9. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Quietly becoming our signing of the season. Have only gotten better throughout the year

10. Rain Dance

Rain Dance Well-Known Member Trusted

11. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Such great signing he'll only get better

say yes likes this.
  12. tap-in

tap-in :-)

That was a great save last night, at full stretch and nothing was really said about it. Leno is class, now he knows he's No1 his game has become very solid, like he's no longer being judged.

13. Mark Tobias

What do you mean? The commentators my side were going mad. I was also very impressed.

14. tap-in

tap-in :-)

Mine focused on the shot and then added good save by Leno, that was all.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  15. Check

Check Active Member

Just watched a short clip from Sky Sports where Gary Nevilla said that one of the issues in our squad is the goalkeeper. Did he really watch the game?? Leno has been outstanding and is up there with the best GK's in the league.

NieThePiet, lamby22, say yes and 2 others like this.
  16. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

He was terrific yesterday. The save on the free kick was unreal. A real Superman save. Think we can be very happy with that signing. And it’s not like he is playing with a wall in front of him. What I like is that he looks calm and concentrated throughout games, good with his feet and a great shot stopper. He could be a bit taller but that is about it.

17. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Still Not a Mod

Honestly it's amazing how everyone licks Allisons arse when really it's the defence in front of him. Think Leno is incredible.

18. BenTal

BenTal Active Member

Gooner416, NieThePiet, Beksl and 4 others like this.
  19. Mark Tobias

Watched the highlights and you're right. They hardly mentioned it. Maybe I was just going mental in my living room over it... we were still in it because of that!

tap-in likes this.
  20. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

I don't understand why are people so concerned with what they say, usually it's just stating the obvious after the match is over or they talk complete rubbish like this. I rather read comments from some of the people on the forum than listen to "experts" with an IQ of 90-100