• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Talk of the Show

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Leeeeeeeno!

Very happy with this signing. It really does make you wonder why on earth the positions we have desperately needed to strengthen for some time are now being sorted in such an efficient manner.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

No more Cech in goal yay, no more Cech in...

tenor.gif

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
  1. Some insights from a Leverkusen fan who has watched him more or less week in week out since he arrived as a replacement for Adler. In the beginning, he was totally amazing. Was a direct improvement to Adler who himself was considered on par with Neuer for quite a while (and briefly looked to win the spot as Germany's number one keeper). However, as many posters in here already explained, he didn't really develop since then. Especially the last two years were characterized not only by stagnation but also many mistakes. He recently seemed to have problems with his nerves when he played on the big stage (like the national team). While he has brillant reflexes and is very good in one on ones, he ist not that great in controlling the box and his passing and ball control is very weak for a modern keeper. Probably the biggest weakness he has and it is a pity that he never worked on it.

However, he still has all the talent in the world. I feel like this step comes waaayy too late because he would've needed to get out of his comfort zone earlier in order to develop. As mentioned before, he was on par with Ter Stegen and looked like one of the biggest goal keeper prospects in the world a few years ago.

I think currently, there are few keepers who are truely world class: Neuer, De Gea, Courtois, Ter Stegen and Oblak. Additionally there's Donnaruma as a future candidate and Ederson as a brillant keeper in a specific system. That's seven players in total and typically Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern, United and City insist on having them in their teams (and probably will, sooner or later). Not much left for the Arsenals, Chelseas, Juves, Milans, Inters, Atleticos and so on theoretically. The tier below that is pretty broad and I think Leno belongs in there, just like many, many others so I think it is generally a good signing for Arsenal. And unlike many other goalkeepers in this tier he still has much potential for development, especially once he matures a little bit which he undoubtedly has to do now he's out of his comfort zone.

Besides that, I wish him good luck and am not too sad that he finally left us. Which says something about his development at LNeuer for quite a while (and briefly looked to win the spot as Germany's number one keeper). However, as many posters in here already explained, he didn't really develop since then. Especially the last two years were characterized not only by stagnation but also many mistakes. He recently seemed to have problems with his nerves when he played on the big stage (like the national team). While he has brillant reflexes and is very good in one on ones, he ist not that great in controlling the box and his passing and ball control is very weak for a modern keeper. Probably the biggest weakness he has and it is a pity that he never worked on it.

2. However, he still has all the talent in the world. I feel like this step comes waaayy too late because he would've needed to get out of his comfort zone earlier in order to develop. As mentioned before, he was on par with Ter Stegen and looked like one of the biggest goal keeper prospects in the world a few years ago.

I think currently, there are few keepers who are truely world class: Neuer, De Gea, Courtois, Ter Stegen and Oblak. Additionally there's Donnaruma as a future candidate and Ederson as a brillant keeper in a specific system. That's seven players in total and typically Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern, United and City insist on having them in their teams (and probably will, sooner or later). Not much left for the Arsenals, Chelseas, Juves, Milans, Inters, Atleticos and so on theoretically. The tier below that is pretty broad and I think Leno belongs in there, just like many, many others so I think it is generally a good signing for Arsenal. And unlike many other goalkeepers in this tier he still has much potential for development, especially once he matures a little bit which he undoubtedly has to do now he's out of his comfort zone.

Besides that, I wish him good luck and am not too sad that he finally left us. Which says something about his development at Leverkusen, I guess.

Stannis

I won't be even surprised cech and ospina will be gone but seeing Cech has got N.1 then Ospina likely to leave If we managed to get 10M from Ospina then I'll be happy

I’ll be amazed if we get 5 million for ospina. He is the last year of his contract and unless he does something amazing in his last wc games, we aren’t gonna get much for him

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Also would like to say, I love how the Arsenal Horse has said f*ck all since Stuart shut him down.
The rampage Stuart went on that week was extraordinary. Emery should stick him in central midfield. The man is a savage.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Very glad with this signing. I hope it works out well and we'll be set for many years to come.

It rarely goes wrong with German keepers ( except Liverpool :D )

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He'll wear what the captain says when the season starts. I want to keep some of our traditions.

Crap tradition tbh

If a player is more comfortable in a certain shirt, why make him less comfortable?

All this work is done for marginal gains. If a player prefers short/long sleeves, let him have them

Latest posts+

Top Bottom