Bernd Leno

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Malky, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

2. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member Trusted

I would rather buy Kevin Trapp who I think is the 2nd best German GK after Manuel Neuer.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  3. Gooner4evah

Gooner4evah Well-Known Member

4. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

Now this is a link to get excited about, yes please.

5. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

1. Cech 2. Handanovic 3. Leno

That's my list. Really figure to have no shot at Lloris tbh.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Watched him few times this season he really looks a talented GK.

7. GDeep

GDeep Well-Known Member

Think people are getting too carried away with this GK situation. CF is a bigger weakness.

CurryFlavoured likes this.
  8. Trilly

Trilly ^ If Michael Owen posted on AM

It is but I think after strikers, GK's individually gain/save their teams the most points. Every top side needs a top GK. I'm all in for Leno, he looks class.

9. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Scary enough but I could picture Utd going full force after him once De Gea leaves.

10. Halcyon Daze

Halcyon Daze Member

LvG has come out and said they already have a list of replacements, which pretty much means de Gea is off. Can see them making a move for Lloris. He must be bored of playing for a nothing team and now that United are back in the Champions League etc. etc.

Whether GK is our area of priority is debatable, but if this rumour is true and there's a £13m clause, we should be all over it. You can't let these opportunities pass by. Kid looks top drawer.

Gooner416 likes this.
  11. DanDare

DanDare Spreading positive vibes

We have enough money to solve both in one window.

Titi_Henry likes this.
  12. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Ospsina is decent, he doesn't cost you games, but he doesn't win you games either. Leno would be a definite improvement: much taller, better kicking as well and more potential.

krackpot and Iceman10 like this.
  13. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

Pretty sure he's just cost us a game mate.

krackpot, say yes and Bigbludfire like this.
  14. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

But there is a distinct lack of options out there in the forward market. Even the top clubs that play with 1 striker have one elite striker, another forward who can also play upfront and a back-up that is a clear level down e.g Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Chelsea.

15. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Yeah, but not because of a brainfart or taking unnecessary risks. He just isn't tall enough.

16. DanDare

DanDare Spreading positive vibes

a goals a goal whether it be from lack of concentration or physical attrbutes. there's probaby little you can do about either as well

except sign someone better

17. musicmonkey

musicmonkey Well-Known Member

I doubt we're getting a keeper tbh, feels like paper talk again like we've had pretty much every season for years.

18. Aevius

Aevius World Cup Prediction Champion Moderator

Leno has a 25 mil release clause, and apparently both we and Napoli are interested.

19. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

So funny reading comments from May 2015. If only people knew what was about to happen that summer haha.

Mrs Bergkamp, krackpot and pacstud like this.
  20. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

On Leno I haven't watched him at all so I can't say. On GKs in general it seems like a lot of people make judgements without really knowing or having only seen snippets (i'm also guilty of that). It's quite tricky scouting GKs, you really need to watch them consistently to get an idea. Just reading some opinions about Leno some think he's amazing and some think he's terrible.

If any of us are prepared to watch multiple Leverkusen/Koln/Bremen games from now focusing only on the GKs then sure crack on, otherwise I'd lean towards trusting the judgement of paid scouts or fans of those clubs who watch the GKs every week.

Token Yank likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.