• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best football game ever?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Best football game ever?

Which game at the time of its release gave you most joy? A classic for me is Ultiamte Soccer for Sega Mega drive me and one mate played it till our fingers bleed, the same with FIFA 98 and Internatioan Superstar SOccer for SNES, newer games are of courese better but they don't bring the same amount of joy if you compare your initail response

RC8

Established Member
For me, FIFA 98 was the one who brought me the most 'joy'. For the best game though I would have to go for FIFA 07, I'm really enjoying it, and some of the games I've had take away you breath. For instance, I just won the FA Cup against ManUtd at Wembley, we were tied 2-2 at the 85th minute, but thanks to a 1-2 touch with Van Persie and Henry, I was able to get Van Persie on the edge of the area... Instead of shooting, I lifted the ball, Henry came running and hit a volley that wen straight into the far corner. On the last minute Ronaldo hit the post, but I was able to keep the lead.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
I used to love Sensible soccer on the Sega. If i remeber correctly it had a weird birds eye view camera angle and the players name were like Roberto Larcos (roberto carlos) but it was a highly enjoyable game.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Anybody play Libero Grande to playstation 1? It was great you only controlled one player the whole time, graphics that would make you throw up but highly enjoyable. too bad modern footie games doesn't have that option!

Lukazan

Established Member
Sensible Soccer was an absolute classic game. Me and one particular friend were addicted to it, doing nothing else all summer but playing it. It was great because we were both pretty evenly matched so each game was tense and great fun.

I've played all the old FIFAs and there have been a few I liked, but mainly pre-2000.. since then they've really gone to hell.

I like PES alot, and from them all PES2 was my favourite.

ArsenalwithoutVieira

Sensible soccer 95/96 season- i used to be a maltese team and my aim was in 5 years to win Champions League which 9 times out of 10 i did. Best players on the game what i can remember were Enzo Scifo, Paul Gascoigne, Jari Litmanen, Patrick Kluivert, David Seaman, Ruud Gullit, Frank De Boer and there were some others which i would always try and buy. Absolutley loved this game and was always playing it (if my older brother wasnt)

stuart

Established Member
anyone ever play ronaldo v football? i think thats what it was called, i remember me and a mate spending the whole night playing that and puma street soccer which was a bit like fifa street only much better, could play in airports and all!

gunnerGH

Established Member
I used to play sensible soccer non-stop for the amiga. I used to have sleepless nights about that game. What a beauty

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
According to wikipedia Sensible soccer will return to xbox 360 vas a download from xbox-live sometiems nextyear with the classical graphics

I am stunned thou that nobody plaued Ultimate soccer it is very similar and came out a year after the original sensible soccer

go49oner

Established Member
Pro Evolution Soccer 2 without a doubt. I wasted 50% of 2002 playing this game with mates. I still own the game to this moment.

Also like to mention FIFA 1996, the first ever game i owned on the old nintendo. I will always treasure those moments.

Wembley79

Kick Off by Anco. The first really playable football game in my opinion

I loved that game, and the aftertouch effect was awesome (loved the fact that you could lob the keeper really easily from outside the box lol)

Top Bottom