• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best match and Worst match??

algunner

Anyone seen their most exciting moment of Arsenal's match in 2004/2005 in all competition??

I will go for best match Against Middlesboro at Home win. The comeback and beating the record 49 unbeaten.

The worst match loosing at home to ManUtd after leading at half time and may be potentially loosing the grip to win the premier league.

Any thoughts ?????

OleJose

I didn't see the Middlesbrough game apart from highlights so my best is the 5-1 demolition of Palace at THOF and the worst would be the loss to Mike Riley at Old Sh*tford.

Mark

Established Member
Best - Arsenal 5-3 Middlesbrough - beautiful, a real classic with great football and great goals.

Worst - Man Utd 2-0 Arsenal - The most horrible match in years and such a painful way to lose our amazing record. It haunts me to this day.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I have to agree that the worst one has to be the 0-2 loss against Manchester United, denying us the number 50. The whole thing about the game was ****, with the dive, and the ref and its just shocking.

Best, definatey the Middlesbrough game. It was spectacular.

kanuuu

Established Member
Quite Ironic that the matches follow each other ????

The Boro game was number 42 in the unbeaten run, it equalled the record, the game at OT was a few weeks later.

I think the 4-2 defeat ot Mancs was the worst. Mainly because we were leading twice and basically got outfought and outplayed by United. In the first game we were robbed by Rooney and Riley and were unlucky to lose and everyone knew it. The game at Highbury was embarrassing because they outplayed us in our own stadium.

Lukazan

Established Member
Yeah in a way the game against Man U at Highbury was worse because as already said we were ahead twice but were just outfought and Man U wanted it more..

And 4-2 between two big games can be considered abit of a thrashing too.

The game at OT was painful because our unbeaten run came to an end but it helps to remember that fatboy Rooney had to dive to stop us.

yoinkster

Mike Riley was painful to take as was the 4-2.
But the real bottom of the barrel "how the f* did we manage to lose a game that has our name written all over it" match was liverpoo at anfield. {and bolton I guess}
I was on holiday in bournemouth for that liverpoo game and was watching it in a hotel bar with my dad {gooner} and my bro {scouse fool} and we were celebrating my dad's 50th birthday ... I stormed off and rally drove back to Oxford in digust :eek:ops:

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Mine are the same as the ones stated above. The Boro game was absolutely amazing, 3-1 down I thought it was all over but we came back and fought our way back into the game. The Utd game was just the opposite, it was just horrible. We were robbed of our 50th unbeaten game and to think about it now just brings all that anger back. As soon as Rooney when flying over I knew the stupid Ref was going to give them a penalty and that if it went it that would be the end.

marco

i think the best we have played this season was either villa at home or villa away, but for pure excitment has to be boro at home or Sp**s away!

worst game of season was west brom at home we were absolutely dreadful, that along with birmingham away and bolton away and munich away we were bad.

but your right the one that hurt the most was losing to mancs at old trafford. they didnt deserve it that day rio should have gone and it wasnt a penalty and you look back and know that if we hadnt lost that day i doubt we would have drawn home to southampton and west brom and palace away in the next few games!! then it could all have been different!!

Mark

Established Member
I found the 2-0 worse than the 4-2. Infact, I felt very strange after the 4-2 defeat. I almost felt nothing. It was like that was as bad as it could possibly get and it just never really sunk in. Difficult to explain really, but the 2-0 at OT definetly hurts me more. I guess being cheated out of a result gets to me more than being outplayed does. I don't know.

Eastrek

Mark said:
I guess being cheated out of a result gets to me more than being outplayed does. I don't know.

I felt exactly the same, at least when we lost 4v2 you knew that we lost fair and square, but the cheating at old trafford was really really hard to take, if Rooney hadn't dived for the penalty it would have been a completely different game, we might of gone on to win 1v0 for example.

But my favourite game was tottenham (away), the 5v4 was brilliant, i know our defence was a joke in that game but it was amazing to see tottenham score 4 times at home against the champions, and still come away with nothing. :)

My worst game was Bayern (away), after that game I had a feeling the champions league dream had gone.

arsenalfan2005

Best Match
What about the 7-0 thrashing of a Champions League team, next season anyway, I thought, wow! It was amazing, we alboustley kicked them. They didn't even have a shot at goal for god's sake!

Worst Match
2-0.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Best match- 7-0. Everton aren't sh't, we just made them look like they were.

Close behind that the Palace 5-1 demolition job, a superb night at Highbury.

And of course the 5-3 thriller with Boro.

The Sp**s game was too ridiculous and uncomfortable for me.

Worst match- United away, cheated as we were, we just didn't play.

Mark

Established Member
I think my mood after the 4-2 defeat coincided somewhat with the mood of the players. This is judging from how they destroyed Villa and Palace afterwards. They just seemed more relaxed. It's weird. It's like when it gets as bad as it did against Man Utd and it can't get worse, it can only get better, and for two games it did, even if things went a bit downhill afterwards again.

arsenal05

BEST- diffinately 100% everton 0 arsenal 7 afterall it not everyday u score seven (though i was upset reyes didnt do better with his chance in the last minutes!!)

WORST- no doubt the 4.2 defeat over the **** they didnt deserve that win and the only good thing to come out of it was almunia left!!!

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom