• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best move the club made in recent years?

What was the best move?

• Not buying Lemar for 90M

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Selling Ox for 40M

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Rinsing Everton for Theo and Iwobi

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Binning Raul

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Not spending money on Ryan Fraser

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Speaking of Sanchez, what a signing he was...2014-2017 was one of the best collective periods of performances for an Arsenal player, right up there with the best of any Emirates era player for me.

I was super sad to see Iwobi go tbh, feel if he isn't the main man in the team, he can be quality...when Alex came into out first team, we have Sanchez, Cazorla and Özil at their best, Iwobi fitted into that team beautifully...only when we became too reliant on him did he start to crumble, wish it worked out here for longer tbh.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think binning Raul was the best thing we’ve done, all of his deals have nearly flopped. We signed Sokrstis for 17-20M only 2 seasons ago and we terminated his deal this week. Shocking deal after shocking deal, so bad he got sacked.
You never cease to amaze me :lol:

Wasn't Sokratis a Sven signing?
And how is terminating Sokratis' contract Raul's fault?

GDeep™

League is very weak
You never cease to amaze me :lol:

Wasn't Sokratis a Sven signing?
And how is terminating Sokratis' contract Raul's fault?
Sokratis was signed under the leadership structure lead by Raul, so it’s on him. Just like Tierney was scouted by others but was signed by Raul so we give Raul the credit.

Sok was a poor signing, like nearly every other player signed by Raul.

Don’t tell me you’re still going to defend a guy who’s signings have had us finishing mid table two seasons in a row and lead to his sacking?

Arteta has ditched nearly all his players.

akhil

Sokratis was signed under the leadership structure lead by Raul, so it’s on him. Just like Tierney was scouted by others but was signed by Raul so we give Raul the credit.

Sok was a poor signing, like nearly every other player signed by Raul.

Don’t tell me you’re still going to defend a guy who’s signings have had us finishing mid table two seasons in a row and lead to his sacking?

Arteta has ditched nearly all his players.

Leno, Tierney, Martinelli, Luiz, Cedric, Mari, Ceballos, all still big part of the squad albeit the latter 3 being squad options. Guendouzi and Saliba frozen out for other issues, not necessarily quality on the pitch.

Not sure who gets credit for Gabriel since the deal was being worked on during Raul's time here. Same applies to Willian, who sort of in the middle of being binned.

Actual rubbish signed and binned; Sokratis, Torreira, Pepe?, Suarez(this was really weird deal). Pepe deal was stupidly expensive.

The biggest issue is not selling players who were useless, we still have a incredibly bloated squad.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'd go with either tying down Saka and Martinelli onto new deals or credit is due for signing Tierney at that fee, especially considering how key he's been to the team recently. He's easily worth £30-£40m more than we paid for him already, probably even more with the fees going about now and still only 23.

All things going well that's 3 key players who could be with us for years to come.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think binning Raul was the best thing we’ve done, all of his deals have nearly flopped. We signed Sokrstis for 17-20M only 2 seasons ago and we terminated his deal this week. Shocking deal after shocking deal, so bad he got sacked.

That was Ivan you muppet but we've been through that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lemar would have been crippling
Nope, would have been 30 mil net spend.

60 mil of that 90 mil would have been what we should have got for Sanchez, who we ended up swapping for Miki.

Who we cancelled for nothing. Pretty much -£40mil (the Sanchez fee.)

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Nope, would have been 30 mil net spend.

60 mil of that 90 mil would have been what we should have got for Sanchez, who we ended up swapping for Miki.

Who we cancelled for nothing. Pretty much -£40mil (the Sanchez fee.)
I meant if we did it when Atletico did — i.e. post Mkhi — but fair point.

Incidentally, I was killed on here for saying Sanchez should be sold in fall ‘17.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

No it wasn’t. Raul took over as head of football relations, and was part of the structure that identified and signed players.

Ivan and Sven had that whole summer planned before Raul joined, they identified the targets this is literally facts. Raul might of played a part signing them but he had 0 control over which players to be signed. Again though, you know this.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Emery was highlighted through his contacts and links. Don’t know why people want to protect a man who got sacked for his poor dealings.

It's such a weird hill to die on, I guess he said a lot of the right things with his different knock stuff.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Binning Raul. That criminal set us back years. Let me rephrase that, Gazidis set us back years then proceeded to **** off.

All you had to do was look at Barcelona's transfer dealings the last few years to know that bringing Raul here was a horrible idea.

I can't say Ox or Iwobi, young and Homegrown. We got fleeced both times, forget how they've performed. At the time they were worth more than what we sold them for. Especially in a world where guys who did abolustely nothing at the time like Solanke and Brewster were sold for 20m.

Ox and Iwobi had made 100+ league appearances. The type of experienced premiership signing that Ferguson loved to make to build his title winning sides off of.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom