Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mitch, Feb 24, 2019.
I am interested to know who people think have been our 5 best peforming players this season and why?
Guendouzi - for all around play but also inspiring, captain like behaviour
Auba, Laca, Xhaka, Kola
Not sure anyone else has played well consistently enough (or played enough at all).
Edit: probably Bellerin before he got injured.
Xhaka, Auba, Sokratis, Bellerin, Laca.
Forgot Bellerin! Been out too long
Aubameyang, Sokratis, Holding (pre-injury), Guendouzi, Xhaka, Lacazette.
Auba - Our top scorer, but still could be better. Today also could score a couple.
Laca - Simillar to Auba but imo an overall better season so far.
Papa - Overwhelmed atm by his qualities. He is just that good this season.
Kola - Improved, played really well when we relied on his output.
No 5. between Xhaka and Toreirra but I think the nod goes to Xhaka just because he cleaned up his walking red card reputation, professionally played out of position. Wish he was more two footed or mobile because he needs a lot of time to open up a perfect passing opportunity. When he does he executes it perfectly. Today's ball for Laca e.g.
Special mention to Welbeck, Holdini and Hector before injuries.
How have you all failed to mention Torreira? He was sensational during our unbeaten run.
Torreira - highly reliable and offers much more than just defending
Xhaka - I don't like the player and I hope we sell him this summer but he's been one of our best players, makes our attack more fluid and works well when paired with Torreira. Still too many brain farts in his game and can't be on the pitch without Tor
Laca - excellent season, won us points with his individual skill and works hard when it's not his day
Iwobi - deserves to be here but I wouldn't blame anyone having him on the worst 5 players list. I just can't imagine our attack without him, when it's not his day we can't create anything.
Leno - saved us some points, fairly consistent season and didn't do much wrong. I'm feeling confident with him on goal.
Torreira a gem, Guendouzi gets the hype but Tor is essential without flash
Xhaka we are worse when he doesnt play
Laca/Auba even Steven as far as I am concerned
Sok oh how we have needed him for years
Kola doesnt he still top the chances created?
Bellerin, Sokratis and Xhaka.
No love for holding shame on you all!!
For me its:
1. Sokratis - Our most consistent player this season. I was one of the few that was over the moon when we first signed him and glad he has won doubters over. Mr consistent has proven to be a bargain.
2. Kolasinac - Really is turning in a world class left back and it's between him amd Robertson for best LB in the league this season. A creative driving force going foward down the flank. I believe he is much better detter defensively than some posters on here make out. Certainly when it comes to positional awarness, might be our best FB out our 4 when it comes to that with Nachos decline.
3. Torreira - Our best player in the first part of the season once he established himself into the first 11. Torreira would have been higher if it wasn't for his recent dip in form. An excellent well rounded midfielder (technical, smart player, gritty and hard working).
4. Laccazette - High work rate, with very good link up and hold up play. 11 goals and 5 assists in 19 starts is decent numbers too.
5. PEA - Very effiecent infront goal, currently joint 3rd highest goal scorer in the league. I know people might find it unusual not to have our top goal scorer higher but he has gone missing in a number of matches.
A honourable mention to Xhaka whom after a poor start to this season really has upped his form a lot and has been one of our better players.
Relatively speaking, I will agree with you guys.
But really, no one has consistently been good for us. Iwobi, PEA and Sokratis maybe.
Honourable mentions to Bellerin and Leno.
How have the majority of these lists left out Torreria? Are we in the in the twilight zone? Did people genuinely forget he plays for us?
Sokratis, Lacazette, Xhaka, Bellerin, Iwobi.
Bellerin - it is no coincedence our form droppes massively when he is injured. His speed just offers enourmous threat in Emerys system, runs fear in opposition which opens cracks for others. He d be a monster if he could add a cross or at least a good pass.
Torreira - very underated by some but he is the reason Xhaka and our midfield look decent this season. Does the invisible work, enermous engine, when you notice him it is probably beacuse he is MoM.
Sokratis - Mr consistent as some said, very good buy.
Kola - decided to include him although I have remarks on him, but he is not in a good position since Bellerin injury, basically everything goes from the left. That could be the reason he suffers sometimes phsically, especially when playing two games a week or it is just his stocky build. Anyway really improved and great option to have.
Mikhi - I know most will disagree, could put Laca or Auba there but he is just such a threat with a ball on the right, imagine if he had a fullback on his side. He can be really frustrating at times because he seems out of the game but without him our attack is so much worse. Only genuine threat from the right.
Watch Arsenal Live Streams With StreamFootball.tv