• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best performing players of 18/19

TorontoGooner76

No particular order here.

1) Auba- Amongst the leaders for goals although he has dropped off a bit lately.

2) Sokratis- I was happy when he signed, although plenty of people were not. I think he has demonstrated that it was a great buy for 18m. Very solid defender, that brought us some toughness and a no-nonsense attitude.

3) Bellerin- Sorely missed. For me, the main reason that we have gone with 5 at the back so often is his absence. He was having a great first half before the injuries.

4) Kola- Nobody can argue that he has been a big threat down the left, working well with Iwobi.

5) Torreira- His form has dropped off as well, but during that unbeaten run he was so good. Won't forget that derby goal any time soon either.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mine would be (in no order):

Bellerin - caught a lot of flack but has been the most improved and arguably most important component of the current XI, as his pace and off-the-ball runs were important to our attack.

Sokratis - I was skeptical of his signing but he's been mostly solid for us and I don't remember him putting in a bad performance this season.

Xhaka - Has actually been relatively consistent this season. He still makes the odd error but his performances on the whole have been solid - his best performing season so far IMO.

Aubameyang - Was a toss-up between him and Lacazette but I went with Auba because of the sheer quality of chances he's able to amass. May not have Laca's all-round game but IMO he's the slightly more devastating striker, even with his penchant for missing sitters.

Iwobi - Controversial choice but I actually think he's performed pretty well overall for most of the season bar one period when he had a blip. He's carried our attack at times and generally shown a willingness to probe and threaten teams, even when it doesn't come off.

Honourable mentions:

Torreira and Guendouzi. I think they both would have been included had they both not had significant drop offs in performance. Torreira started amazingly but seems to have struggled with the intensity of the PL of late. While Guendouzi has a great deal of promise and I'm a very big fan - but he makes a lot of mistakes aswell and has also had some poor performances this season. I would also make a special mention for Rob Holding aswell - an unfortunate ACL rupture cut short what was shaping up to be a promising season.

HBL

Established Member
Torreira, Sokratis, Lacazette, Guendouzi & Auba/Xhaka.

Last edited:

Hexagon9

Torreira, Sokratis, Aubameyang, Lacazette. It’ll be unpopular I know, but I think Iwobi’s been pretty good too. Frustrating in a Walcott-esque way but, to me, in no way meriting the abuse he gets on here!

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Aubameyag- best player in our team.

Bellerin- Improved so much this season.

Sokratis- Our best CB since Mertesacker.

Kolasniac- Limited defensively but great going forward.

Torreira ad Guendouzi have had too many bad games this season to make it in my list tbh but they're definitely 5th and 6th.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Aubameyang.

Level on goals with Kane & just two behind Aguero / Salah. Not much more you can ask from your striker especially with a pretty limited midfield behind.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Auba for his goals. You can’t argue with the numbers.

Sokratis - Actually a good defender ffs.

Leno - For his first season in England he’s been more steady than I thought he would.

Bellerin - Thriving under Emery.

Lacazette - Chips in, seems to have a real bite to his play.

blaze_of_glory

How can people have 3-4+ defensive players as our best performers so far when our defence has been so ****.. Something doesn't add up here.
Might be down to how many defensive players play most games. Our midfield is almost always defensively oriented, and the wide attackers have not been great (at least not consistently). The likes of Özil and Ramsey have been in and out of the lineup.

So its the strikers and then defenders/defensive mids. And tbh I doubt many people are putting Bellerin in there for his defensive contributions.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Only at Arsenal could a player (Xhaka) feature in the best and worst performing players threads.

There might be more players who overlap.

say yes

forum master baiter
Xhaka
Torreira
Guendouzi
Lacazette
Aubameyang

Iwobi would have been in there if he hadn’t hit such an abysmally poor run of form at the back-end of 2018.

Certain members of our defence have also shown promise (Sokratis, Bellerin, Leno and Kolasinac) but the unit has struggled in too many games.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Front two and Torreira.

Guendouzi looks a top talent though as well, Bellerin when he’s been fit has smashed it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom