• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best Player of the Emirates Era

Who do you consider to be the best player post Highbury?

• Total voters

Makavelii

Landslide victory for Cesc as it should he. He was almost single handedly making the difference to win us games week after week. A complete midfielder that we wish we had now.

The other 4 were all great too in their prime years.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cesc by a country mile. In his prime here, he was arguably the best midfield not just in the prem but World.

He was a one man army at times.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I always bemoaned Cesc's lack of speed, strength, and all round softness - which wouldn't have been a big deal except we surrounded him with many just like him.

I voted Cesc, but I think I prefer prime Sanchez. Won games by himself that guy.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Van Persie had by far the highest peak. He was undoubtedly the best center forward in the world between 2011-2012 for us. He is the only Arsenal player since Henry that could say they're the best player in the world in their respective position.
He has many world class half seasons too.
I don’t get why some people ignore them just because he was injured in the other half of the season.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
or pure talent that just took the breath away - Nasri.

It was a bigger loss losing him than Cesc
tenor.gif

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Van Persie had by far the highest peak. He was undoubtedly the best center forward in the world between 2011-2012 for us. He is the only Arsenal player since Henry that could say they're the best player in the world in their respective position.
Cesc was untouchable in 07/08. He was arguably the best midfielder in world that season.

After Eduardo and RVP went down with injuries, he pretty much carried us.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I always bemoaned Cesc's lack of speed, strength, and all round softness - which wouldn't have been a big deal except we surrounded him with many just like him.

I voted Cesc, but I think I prefer prime Sanchez. Won games by himself that guy.
I think Cesc character and mentality is underrated. He pretty much always turned up.

Alexis was also a beast though. Even when not on form, he was a nightmare t defenders with his pressing and his workrate. He was a one man pressing machine.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Interesting list. What are your thoughts on Özil buddy?
1) inconsistent
2) can only play counter, he doesn’t like possession football.
3) not participating enough in the general play.
4) need others to create for him, in order for him to just focusing on creating the final pass
5) not a skillful player

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Cesc was moist. We don’t talk about it cause he was world class for us, but him and his friends is why the league at the time thought they could kick us and win. They wasn’t wrong either.

Reactions: A_G

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Cesc was moist. We don’t talk about it cause he was world class for us, but him and his friends is why the league at the time thought they could kick us and win. They wasn’t wrong either.
If Cesc was soft, so was David Silva. I don't think it's because they kicked us we lost the league.

We lost because Wenger kept players like Denilson and didn't want to 'kill' their development when we could have gotten players like Alonso on the cheap.

Aside from Nasri in his final season and an unfit diaby, Cesc was doing everything pretty much in his own.
For some reason, the image a lot of arsenal fans want to portray of Cesc is of a dimunitive Spanish midfielder who was only good with the ball and bad without it. Cesc was could always get stuck in if needed.

I still remember that goal he scored against Sp**s moments after we took the lead. He stole the ball from them in the centre circle when they were just restating play after conceding and went on to dribble through the entire Sp**s team and score.

:drool:

Last edited:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
If Cesc was soft, so Silva. I don't think it's because they kicked us we lost the league.

We lost because Wenger kept players like Denilson and didn't want to 'kill' their development when we could have gotten players like Alonso on the cheap.

Aside from Nasri having his final season and an unfit diaby, Cesc was doing everything pretty much in his own.
For some reason, the image w lot of orooytry to portray of Cesc is a dimunitive Spanish midfielder who was only good with the ball and bad without it. Cesc was could always get stuck in if needed.

I still remember that goal he scored against Sp**s moments after we took the lead. He stole the ball from them in the centre circle when they were just restating play after conceding and went on to dribble through the entire Sp**s team and score.

Cesc and RVP were assholes in the end who forfeited all the goodwill they had earnt. Their desperation to leave and duplicity in the end was really pathetic. Loved them so much and in the end they behaved like cheap unprofessional grifters.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Naah not having that, he's the same guy that gave away a penalty against Sp**s cause he didn't want the ball to hit him. Always folded when it got peak, but in his defence he was a kid and not a natural captain.

We should have surrounded him with some steel and athleticism like Chelsea did, but for whatever reason Wenger didn't.

He and his mates are a big part of that soft reputation we had and I can't forget that. Went from grown men to his lot. Hleb dribbling to corner flag afraid to shoot, I ain't got time for any of it man - too much PTSD.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Cesc is the best in terms of reliability/performances, ridiculous player...still can't get over how he came into the team as a 17 year old and didn't look out of place next to prime Vieira and Gilberto, just mad.

I can @Macho man's point though...we were so close to winning the the league during Cesc's time, that it was annoying to see how we would wilt when it came to the the main time of the season (especially compared to how tough we used to be before the stadium move) but I agree with others that if we gave Fab some players to protect him, it could have been so different.

Lets not forget 2005/2006 was the closest we came to winning the Champions League, with Cesc and Gilberto as our pivot...so it's a shame we never really gave Fabregas a defensive partner of Silva's level again, as the talent was there, he just needed someone with a little more grit next to him though.

Top Bottom