Best Player of the Emirates Era

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by American_Gooner, Apr 26, 2019.

?

Who do you consider to be the best player post Highbury?

1. Cesc Fabregas

56.7%
  2. Robin Van Persie

20.5%
  3. Mesut Özil

6.3%
  4. Alexis Sanchez

7.1%
  5. Santi Cazorla

5.5%
  6. Other

3.9%
  1. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

Yes, the whole moving to Emirates concept did not take into consideration that there can be a shift in power in the PL, and that there will also be a shift in the relative percentage of revenue streams. The amount of money you can make from those extra 20k seats (or so?) is relatively fixed, unlike the money coming from TV coverage and marketing. But maybe I'm wrong about that, because it seems like building stadiums is still worth it...

American_Gooner likes this.
  2. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Wenger said no! For the benefit of the sad puppy ffs

3. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Don't blame him after cescs antics to force the move. All that faith big Wengz put in fab from a young age and that was the way he repaid him....

4. GDeep™

GDeep™ Protector of RonaldoMadness

Everything is Wengers fault, even though Cesc had long before agreed a deal with Chelsea.

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  5. Furious

Furious Emery Hired, Telly Off

Can't believe people still question the move to the Emirates. It's the best stadium in England.

Imagine still wanting to play at the Highbury now, we're in 2019 ffs. Wigan have a better stadium than that.:lol:

6. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

Would have to be Cesc as much as it pains me to admit it.

Özil :lol:
    Maybe ability wise but in terms of production and influence no chance.

Honourable shout outs to Cazorla genuine all round class.

Red London likes this.
  7. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Some people in the Emery thread still want us playing the same “good style” (C) of football from 20 years ago so it’s not that shocking TBH - all living in the past, just different variations.

I pine for the days of George Graham myself.

8. GDeep™

Why? Won a couple of titles but a few 7th finishes, 10th and 12th finishes etc.

9. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

Emery previous sides played attractive football. Their players could play short combination and dribble defenders.
    If you stop looking at the formation on paper for a second, and focus on the positioning of the players. You know that he likes to push his full back so high up the pitch. Any tactical analysis or team stats will tell you that he is a risk taking manager who plays attacking football.
    But at arsenal, Emery just doesn’t have the tools to do that. No players in our team are able to play short combination. We had van persie, hleb, rosicky, fabregas, then nasri, arshavin, cazorla. But now we have no players who can do that. Don’t tell me we have Özil because he only focus on the final assist but not the general build up play. Our player don’t have any skills to dribble defenders too. And with this group of players, it’s very hard for him to play good attacking football.

10. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

Robin Van Persie

11. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

Alexis over RVP?

12. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

Robin Van Persie was absolutely joy to watch. He single handedly carried us to 4th in that amazing and magical final season. What a gifted player he was.

Cesc was also unbelievable and I’ll always respect him, but RVP was simply one man show.

Santi has had far more impact than Özil ever did. Not even close

13. Vibra

Vibra Well-Known Member

Didn't Wenger come out and say it was more complicated than that?

14. skip spence

skip spence Well-Known Member

In terms of overall impact quality and character my top 5 would be Cesc , RVP, Caz, Alexis and Ramsey, in that order.

That is of course exempting the mighty Oliver Giroud

15. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

van persie, fabregas, hleb, nasri, arshavin, sanchez, cazorla

16. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

He was. He ruined it big time by acting like he’d been longing for the move all his life. Massive ****house.

17. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

This guy could literally do everything, every type of goal you'll see is in here. I'd do anything to have a winger like that in this team.

18. GDeep™

Good player, **** footballer.

19. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

We've managed to sell our club to the only owner who simply doesn't care about winning.
    They had one job and they've failed miserably. **** them.

I'm not even asking for an owner who injects cash into the club but one who cares, who is ambitious, who sets the tone from top to bottom.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  20. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Doesn't make sense really.

You put him in this team now and we're a different animal.