• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best XI of the Emirates era

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hleb was better than Nasri imo.Rated him as a player,good mobility,great vision and dribling.
Maybe, but I was still a kid when I watched Hleb. The only good season I remember him having for us was that '06 CL run.

Where as, Nasri was just magical almost Everytime I watched him. His attitude sucked though

goonerfamily

Leno
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Fabregas Cazorla Ramsey
Sanchez Van Persie Aubameyang

Just hit home how few good DMs we've had in this era.. so I haven't included one lol

say yes

forum master baiter
Surely Walcott gets the nod over them them in RW spot?
No way. Ramsey / Özil **** all over Walcott for me, and the team doesn’t need someone like Theo with Van Persie and Sanchez there.

Hleb / Nasri were the only other players I seriously considered given their proficiency in playing out wide. But neither ever reached the level that Ramsey or Özil did for us.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hleb looks like the Green Goblin himself, Mr Willem Dafoe.

Whereas Nasri (I don't know if anyone will remember this) but there was an ad on tv back in the day, trying to educate men on how to treat women, and the guy who was beating his girlfriend in the ad looked exactly like Nasri...couldn't really look at him the same after that for some weird reason :lol:

Always have Hleb over Nasri because of this.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

One thing I really notice is in the Emirate era, how we've been blessed with some top players in the attacking areas of the pitch. The defense wasn't that bad. But in the middle of the pitch is where the rot really set in.

Players like Elneny really mirror how bad our midfield has been in the past half a decade.

This wasn't helped by Wenger stock-pilling attacking midfielders

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Hleb looks like the Green Goblin himself, Mr Willem Dafoe.

Whereas Nasri (I don't know if anyone will remember this) but there was an ad on tv back in the day, trying to educate men on how to treat women, and the guy who was beating his girlfriend in the ad looked exactly like Nasri...couldn't really look at him the same after that for some weird reason :lol:

Always have Hleb over Nasri because of this.
Tbf, he was a massive tit though

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Maybe, but I was still a kid when I watched Hleb. The only good season I remember him having for us was that '06 CL run.

Where as, Nasri was just magical almost Everytime I watched him. His attitude sucked though

He was joy to watch.Great pace,dribling,vision.Maybe little bit weak for EPL,but he made some good assist and partnership with Fabregas.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
One thing I really notice is in the Emirate era, how we've been blessed with some top players in the attacking areas of the pitch. The defense wasn't that bad. But in the middle of the pitch is where the rot really set in.

Players like Elneny really mirror how bad our midfield has been in the past half a decade.

This wasn't helped by Wenger stock-pilling attacking midfielders

We needed player like Yaya Toure in midfield.Missed that box to box midfielder for so long.

Shame that Xabi Alonso didn't come to us.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Shame that Xabi Alonso didn't come to us.
I feel depressed anytime I read this.

We had one of the best midfielder in world begging to join us, but the club didn't want to 'hamper' denilson, diaby and Song's development. fecking hell.
Xabi would have been a game changer.

I

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nasri, Santi and Hleb are on par with each other.

The last great Wenger team was the Hleb team you can argue.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

These threads are so boring, you could argue that since we moved to the Emirates every other top 6 team could easily put together a better team than we could.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Nasri, Santi and Hleb are on par with each other.

The last great Wenger team was the Hleb team you can argue.

2009-10 was also not that bad.Apart from Mannone.

I0000tDTx_y6.OAo.jpg

GDeep™

League is very weak
When you look at these players you see the amount of absolute crap Wenger had to to work with. Imagine having such an elite manager and making him work on a budget with some of these guys.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Best ever England defender for me...better than that nostalgia merchant known as Bobby Moore!
Moore won a WC though. Guys like Campbell, Terry and Rio were excellent in big tournaments. Adams doesn’t have those international memories.

He’s a weird one, you can argue he was already in decline by the time football blew up to what we know it as today.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

When you look at these players you see the amount of absolute crap Wenger had to to work with. Imagine having such an elite manager and making him work on a budget with some of these guys.
He shares part of the blame.

Consistently keeping faith in bums was his undoing.

He got too attached to some players. He didn't know how to let go.

Bums and Crocks spent years in the squad without being moved on.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak

Consistently keeping faith in bums was doing.

He only done that at the Emirates when he was working with budgets. At Highbury he liked to buy and sell.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

Consistently keeping faith in bums was doing.

Amen, the other side of the coin that need to be remembered. Well put brother!

Latest posts

Top Bottom