• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best XI of the Emirates era

AndStill

I think his general antics/howler during the cup final taints his time here. No doubt he has matured as a man and goalie, but Leno has out performed him in an Arsenal shirt.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think his general antics/howler during the cup final taints his time here. No doubt he has matured as a man and goalie, but Leno has out performed him in an Arsenal shirt.

I can understand if people dislike him due to his off field stuff, Woj's personality is either you love him or hate...but I disagree that Leno outperformed him in an Arsenal shirt on the pitch.

Woj had periods of top form for us up to 2014, he was a really good keeper even before he went to Italy.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Everyone has their own tastes/opinions, but it does amaze me that Leno is making so many teams.

He is a good keeper, but felt Woj was just a level ahead during his time here...thought Szcz was quality until his last season at the club.
I liked him but he used to give so many pens.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I prefer Leno to Arsenal Woj I gotta say.

He’s an Arsenal man though so I don’t go too hard on him but, yeah Leno. It’s hard to say though, Leno is in a version of Arsenal where our goal gets peppered, so he’s always on job.

In our possession based teams where teams down the table used to sit back it was easier to go to sleep wasn’t it? - that should probably be taken into consideration.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
ld36p9.gif

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
, but Leno has out performed him in an Arsenal shirt.
Scezeny won the golden glove in 13-14. Leno has yet to reach that level.

Scezeny is one of my biggest regret in terms of players we lost. Wenger really dropped the ball there. After we binned him, he went to Roma and kept Allison on the bench FFS and now he's starting for one of the best teams in the world

Bloodbather

Established Member

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Fabregas Arteta Cazorla
Sanchez Van Persie Aubameyang

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Leno
Sagna Mert Kos Monreal
Fàbregas Song
Özil
Nasri RVP Auba​

Don’t @ me about Song.
Song was brilliant that season he decided he was a playmaker and got a load of assists.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
what no Nasri? the most talented player of the emirates era?
Agree. That’s why I have included Nasri in my starting eleven.
Szczesny
Martinez
Sagna
Eboue
Koscielny
Mertesacker
Toure
Clichy
Monreal
Flamini
Cazorla
Fabregas
Hleb
Rosicky
Nasri
Arshavin
Pepe
Sanchez
Van Persie

——————————Van Persie————————
————Hleb————Cazorla————Nasri——
———————Fabregas——Flamini—————
—Monreal——Koscielny——Toure——Sagna—
——————————Martinez—————————

Manager: Arteta

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Watching loads of Retro Arsenal from 2010 when Cesc was captain. We had VP, Nasri and Arshavin.

We were so sh*t man :lol:
Just gutless and disappointing.

Song was way better than I remember though, he used to get shat on back in the day on AM (surprise surprise.)

Denilson Squallachi and Chamakh *shudders*

There was one match where we had like 70% possession and had our first shot on goal in the 70th minute.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Leno
Sagna Mertesacker Koscienly Monreal
Fabregas Cazorla
Özil
Sanchez RVP Auba

Bench: Woj, Ramsey, Wilshere, Nasri, Arteta, Bellerin, Giroud and Song

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Is it fair for me to say that Nasri's peak during the 10/11 season was arguably one of the best in the entire league but relatively short in his career? I feel like he was only truly world class for 6 months or so.

Top Bottom