<

Big Arsenal Interview - BBC Sport

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Aug 19, 2019.

1. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan

Lots of areas being discussed tomorrow morning, easier to use one thread that can die off later. Merge if needed.

2. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Dave needs to calm down a bit.

We just had a window fitting of a club our size aiming for Champions League football.

SA Gunner, BigPoppaPump and Trilly like this.
  3. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Didn't Ornstein sign for The Athletic?

Or does he work for both now?

Gooner Zig likes this.
  4. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

must be freelancing for one, I suppose

5. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan

He did something similar last year I believe, was on a podcast though.

6. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

He probably has to put in a month or two month's notice before he can leave the BBC.

7. boxerumble

boxerumble Well-Known Member

Anybody know how I can listen to this after the fact? I’m in Canada. Would be fantastic if I could listen to this on my way to work (45 min commute).

razörist likes this.
  8. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Same for me! Eager to listen.

9. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

ptrcopp, Dj_sds - and razörist like this.
  10. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Hugely encouraging words, I would say. After the summer we just had I also have no reason to doubt him.

11. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

We’ll see how actually ambitious we are in the next couple of seasons.

Next summer we need to spend on a CM and a CB at the least. This new regime has seemed to be well run but if we truly want to challege for titles rather than just get back in the top four we’ll have to keep spending.

12. Mark Tobias

Bar an absolute madness break out season from one of our youngsters, I agree. In fact even if two youngsters break out and perform out of their socks, we'll still need a CM.

Rex Banter likes this.
  13. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Was that it? Where's the rest?

14. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

Since they've backed it up with their actions last summer, this interview sounds so sexy tbf.

My favorite part was this one:

This is the kind of spirit I want us to have, from top to bottom.

15. Gursha

Gursha Well-Known Member

This Josh guy can talk... Im buying into what he says...

Am I deluded?

16. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

He knows how to sell it, but we're definitely heading in the right direction.

The club used to be so passive and reactive, basically waiting to see what bone Madrid or Barca would throw us at the end of the window. Now the club is proactively pursuing the no.1 targets and willing to take the time needed the get the deal over the line, e.g., Tierney.

bingobob likes this.
  17. Mark Tobias

No, you're not. Many of us are. Hope he puts action behind the words but as I mentioned earlier, no reason to doubt him thus far.

18. Gursha

Gursha Well-Known Member

When asked whether Arsenal adhered to their self-sustaining model or if finance was injected by their owners Kroenke Sports and Entertainment (KSE), of whom Josh Kroenke is deputy chairman to his father Stan, the 39-year-old said: "I'm not going to go into too much detail - people can read between the lines of being aggressive and what that might mean.

"It's going to be a private matter for us here at the club, but I hope our fans understand that by being aggressive that's exactly what we were.

"Going into the summer we knew we were going to have instruments in place that were going to allow us to be aggressive and they weren't going to be dependent on sales. The guys went out, worked their magic and I'm happy to have them on our side."

Implying there were some cash injection? or just teasing? cause in the end of the day with installments and player sales we pretty much evened out on the 45M figure...

say yes and Ricardinho like this.
  19. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful Vinai

Josh strongly implying that the Kroenkes put money into the club this summer to bankroll our spending. Huge news (and incredibly welcome) if true.

20. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful Vinai

Impressive interview tbh. Says all the right things.

We’ll need to see how it all plays out - actions not words etc - but at least Josh seems to be stepping his involvement in the club.

Mark Tobias likes this.