• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Blatter Wants Goal-Line Technology

Jaz.14

I really don't care what Sepp Blatter wants. He's an old son of a c*** who really doesn't know how to run football. Tell him McDonalds have a vacancy although he'd probably ruin them too.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
It should be implemented at bigger events like the WC and CL plus all the leagues that can afford it, but we can't make it a issue for teams that clearly can't afford it

shaz

i think the **** is right once, tho as bee said, not for every single team, just the top teams, and the top competitions.

hutfa

In my opinion i dont think it is a very good idea. What would be better is to simply use video replays for this incident and maybe for offsides. They are the only two parts of the game where i think video replays could really aid the game. Microchoip in the ball just does not seem very feasible. On the topic of Sepp Blatter i dont want to sound like i am simply complaining but truth be told he is an OLD man who really does not know whats best for the game and i'm told he is planning to re run for fifa presidency again. He is simply out of touch with what the game needs. First of all i think introducing a new ball just for the world cup is rather stupid. Why play the entire domestic season with one ball and then change to an unfamiliar ball just for the world cup. Really doesn't make sense. Also another mistake i think he made is to come out before the world cup and make a bold statement to referees that they HAVE to clamp down on any sort of misbehaviour. Dont get me wrong i dont like foul play at all but i really think the refs at the world cup have gone overboard. Not there fault though because they have been told to be so much more strict than they usually would be. They are really killing some games. Showing yellow cards like they are going out of fashion. I can really notice the difference between these games and epl games. Shame really. Basically need someone younger to run fifa.

junialum

Henry - best striker said:
What about fireworks that blast up whenever the ball crosses the line?

:D Just kidding

You could modify that idea to a small buzzer clipped on the refree's arm (They already have one there, its for the linesmen to call them). So when the ball rolls in, the ref knows immediately that it is a goal.

Anyway Blatter's full of bullocks. He said he wanted to dock teams in the ANY tournament and league for racist chants. He took his comment back after the press asked him if he would do that for the World Cup. A man who can't stand by his words isn't a man much less a FIFA president.

Dein for the job! :D

flaunt

What's wrong with the system the NHL (National (Ice) Hockey League) use? An elevated camera pointing straight down at the goal that shows whether a ball has crossed the line or not.

There's a Video Goal Judge (the guy who looks to see if the ball crossed the line) and he/she presses on a button that either buzzes the referee or makes a siren flash.

It's simple and cheaper too - no need for sensors and crap. Just need a rig for the overhead camera - and we all know how small cameras can be nowadays, so we don't need an overly big one - just a waterproof casing for it.

FIFA does not show progressive thinking. It's almost as if the people at FIFA aren't football fans.

nazo

Established Member
Put up someone horns and lights in the back and whenever the ball goes through let them run. Kind of like NHL :p

Number8

Its quite obvious isn't it, this is so easy and cheap to implement and thats the reason I think they don't want to implement it. They want to make the problem worse and worse so that they can easily pass on some expensive technology like that sensors nonsense. Give out a huge contract to some new tech start up who's shagging Blatter's daughter and Blatter himself gets a little under the table commision for his good work.

Camera is bloody easy, and you can use it for other things than just the ball crossing the line. You can see fouls on goalies and help with penalty decisions.

FFS, it really can't be that hard can it??

Paulkon

Yeah. Installing waterproof cameras are really cheap and easy. They can install 7 cameras along the goalposts for all Prem and Championship teams and it will still be much cheaper than putting in microchips and sensors. *Microchip in ball, ball gets kicked, chip goes nuts...* and how many times did the anti-theft sensors at department stores goes off for nothing?

Football games are now such a big business that every single goal, every offside, every foul, every penalty matters. Millions of dollars are decided by 3 middle-aged men running along with 22 super fit athletes. Footballers are going to get fitter, I don't think the referees are going to get any younger...

One recent incident at the World Cup really pissed me off. Game was Brazil vs Ghana. For Brazil's 2nd "goal", the one "scored" by Adriano, he was blatantly offside. The referee couldn't see, the linesman saw via parallax error; he was at least 5 metres behind the last man in the Ghana defence, and of course, from that angle, he couldn't be sure if Adriano was offside or not, so he didn't dare to raise the flag. Everyone in the stadium knew it was offside. Why? Because the huge TV screens in the stadium replayed the "goal"! Ghana protested, even their coach got sent off. Why didn't the referee just raise his head and look at the bloody 100inch TV screen?! Or did he purposely ignore it as FIFA didn't want to use video technology as they "think" it will "disrupt" the flow of the game? What kind of b***s***t are they thinking?

NBA in the US uses video technology. They have 2 referees for a 5 vs 5 game. And NBA basketball is fast. I don't think the americans think the video used "disrupted" their basketball game.

At the end of the day, everyone wants the right thing to be done, that justice prevails. Stop being an ostrich FIFA.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom