• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Board Meeting Tues 30th May 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Tomorrow the club have a board meeting that has the potential to answer many questions. I thought a new thread may help to condense things for us and make for easier discussion.
  • Will Wenger continue
  • Will Alexis stay
  • Will Özil stay
  • Will Gazidis stay
  • What changes if any will be made to the running of the club
My view is that Wenger will stay if the club offer the money necessary to keep Alexis & Özil, and fund his summer shopping list. I don't see him being prepared to struggle next season, he will want his full Arsenal of weaponry to have a full on attack for the summit of the PL. Gazidis may well move on if Wenger gets his way. Much of the above should be known this week.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-arsenal-fa-cup-win-answer-questions-future

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I don't know if anyone know this but, lets say Wenger says I want the money to keep Alexis and Özil plus enough for my summer targets and full control over Arsenal. Will this come down to a vote in the board room or is there one person who says yes or no?

This ofc is only if this is discussed in the board meeting, who knows what'll be on the agenda.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I don't know if anyone know this but, lets say Wenger says I want the money to keep Alexis and Özil plus enough for my summer targets and full control over Arsenal. Will this come down to a vote in the board room or is there one person who says yes or no?

This ofc is only if this is discussed in the board meeting, who knows what'll be on the agenda.

I think its fair to say that Wengers future will be on the agenda. He said after the final that we will know his decision on Wed. As I said, I think his future is linked to him keeping his best players, therefore that has to be on the agenda too. They will all want to be off on holiday ASAP, they will want things sorted.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It will come down to the restructure and only that. If Wenger doesn't like how they want to restructure and no compromises are made he won't stay.

field442

Trusted ⭐
So you think if he is happy with the structure but we sell our best players, he will stay! Why would he fight a battle with no weapons? Makes no sense!

We're not looking to sell them though. We will try and keep them first but there's only so much you can do to keep a player. It's not like the old days where he had to sell to buy. If we offer Sanchez £250k a week (something which Arsène probably thinks is a fair wage) and then he says sorry Bayern want me and they're a bigger club so i want to leave. Are we seriously saying Wenger will walk away because of that? Not happening. He will be backed in the transfer market whether they stay or go.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The only agenda is that we keep Özil, Alexis and Wenger for the next two years. We are woefully unprepared for life after Wenger. Other team's are already rebuilding and if he goes,we won't even have a manager in place.I'm happy for Wenger to identify transfer targets but we need another strong voice to challenge him. His opinion on price is valid but the negotiations should be done by someone else. Sadly, I can see why Wenger has morphed into a control freak. The indecision, laziness and incompetence of the board is beyond belief. I'm so glad Wenger finally put the spot light on them.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I doubt him staying has anything to do with Alexis, Özil and summer targets. Bit too much wishful thinking there.

Its not wishful thinking, its my logic. Why hasn't he announced his intensions by now? Because he wants to make sure he keeps his best players, that's my logic.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Everything points to Wenger expecting a decision regarding his future from the board when he said he would (April/May). It didn't come hence him saying "I was wrong" when asked about it.

Genuinely don't think it's been him who's not announced, think he hasn't been let know what's happening

field442

Trusted ⭐
Its not wishful thinking, its my logic. Why hasn't he announced his intensions by now? Because he wants to make sure he keeps his best players, that's my logic.

His last contract extension was announced on May 30th 2014 after an FA cup final win, so there's previous here. Incidentally that was in a season where between February-April we won 2 out of 9 and fell out of contention for the title, with 5-1 and 6-0 defeats at Liverpool and Chelsea included in the bad run of results (as well as a 3-0 defeat at Everton).

I think what i'm saying is results and the timing of these announcements tend to go hand in hand :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I doubt him staying has anything to do with Alexis, Özil and summer targets. Bit too much wishful thinking there.
It's very odd. I mean, does Alexis really come across as if he's stupid enough to follow any man over a cliff? :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenger will end up agreeing a contract extension.
Alexis will leave.
Özil will stay.
Gazidis will stay.
No restructure.

Wenger will give a bullish statement about the clubs big intentions to invest the Alexis money and more, to settle the storm.

That's the most likely outcome imo.

Ewarwoowar

I think Wenger might be more flexible with a little restructuring if there is concrete assurances that the changes will not undermine the vision He has of what a football club should be.

We have seen people bemoan how many working staff We already have, you bring in a Dof, then you have to get an assistant to DOF, then there is an assistant to the assistant of DOF, the butcher, the baker, the c--, pretty soon you have a whole army of nameless faces with Job titles you can not comprehend or what they ******* do, if they actually do anything, gobbling up cash that can be used for the betterment and not just jobs for the boys or a way of syphoning the net profit to hood wink the fans into not seeing We are just a cash cow.

I feel first and foremost Wenger is all about the squad, can We keep it, We must improve it, will He be given the scope and resource to do it?

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Wenger's gonna be walking with a boombox, drop "My way" by Limp Bizkit and stare Gazidis right in the eyes.

He'll sign his extension and leave the room dropping an imaginary mic, never having lost eye contact with Ivan.

Boom. Game over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom