• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bojan

Captain

Established Member
Re: Bojan for Clichy

I would never sell Clichy; he may not be the best in the world but he is a quality player and Arsenal through and through.

Zico

Established Member

Is this the striker who can't head? What's the use? Sagna might actually get a cross into the box and this guy's spoon-head will knock it into the stands. Bollocks.

viper_001

Established Member

We've already got Bendtner as a target man, and have Chamakh coming in -- who is one of the best headers in the game. The last thing we need is another midget with potential.

wellington

I thought this was dead, but Hleb's comments imply that it is up to Clichy if he wants to move. So sounds like this deal might be live.

"He and Gael Clichy are both very good players who must make their own decisions about their future. But I would advise them to stay."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2985870/Alex-Hleb-tells-Cesc-Fabregas-Dont-go-to-Barcelona.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... elona.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wellington

AnthonyG said:
Meh, they're just getting Hleb to play good cop. Trust no one.
Indeed. But it's interesting that he even mentions Clichy. Seems to me he thinks Clichy leaving is a real possibility, not just a media speculation.

gunner_down_under

Proof said:
We should offer them Silvestre + Almunia for Messi and Iniesta.

No way, we'd be way too weak in defence then!

Honestly though, I've had the worst day at work but reading that post just mad me laugh so hard! Could you imagine if we sent them a fax "Willing to do business. Our offer is a straight swap: Almunia+Silvestre for Messi+Iniesta. We will still keep Cesc"

GoonerAG

Clichy and Cesc are both Hleb's closest friends from his time here. That's why he was referring to them as examples, but I wouldn't read too much into it with regards to Clichy.

And anyways, and in a nutshell. I second Quicker than Walcott's view above :lol:

wellington

GoonerAG said:
Clichy and Cesc are both Hleb's closest friends from his time here. That's why he was referring to them as examples, but I wouldn't read too much into it with regards to Clichy.

And anyways, and in a nutshell. I second Quicker than Walcott's view above :lol:
Don't know that I agree with your interpretation.
Do agree with second paragraph though!

Floating

Established Member

Is anyone really expecting this to happen? This is an absurd, unbalanced trade that makes no sense for either team.

P_Gunner

Floating said:
Is anyone really expecting this to happen? This is an absurd, unbalanced trade that makes no sense for either team.

This thread is only open to give us humor. Reading all the Fabregas transfer news can be depressing so its good to come here and get a good laugh. :bounce

MDGoonah41

Established Member

I hope the server is well maintained for the day we sell Clichy and Cesc for £35M + Bojan!!

regele

Established Member

MDGoonah41 said:
I hope the server is well maintained for the day we sell Clichy and Cesc for £35M + Bojan!!
You should throw Van Persie in there too for good measure.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom