• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

booing the players?

kel varnsen

Established Member
was it me or did some of the supporters actually boo the players on saturday? i watched the game on tv and i think i heard some of the fans booing after game. if this is true; it's a fu**ing disgrace. i'm sure the players tried their best, but they just couldn't finish the game off.

Mark

Established Member
It's customary to boo if you are not happy with the result. I sure as hell wasn't happy, so I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of Highbury felt the same.

I think the booing was a bit out of order. We know we should beat teams like wba, so do the players. Im sure they are just as disappointed with the result as we are. No need to kick them when their down.

nnaife

Sod off and support another team if you even contemplate the notion of booing this present arsenal side.

Mark

Established Member
nnaife said:
Sod off and support another team if you even contemplate the notion of booing this present arsenal side.

Yeah tell that to everyone inside Highbury.

r_blair2

booing is natural...obv supporters will be unhappy at present because of results! Just leave it to be..players may raise and notice supporters care as much as them...The wider picture is that we are champions but poor results means loyal supporters are unhappy! Its the way it is. A mean dropping points to west brom, southampton, crystal palace..shouldn't be happening!

kel varnsen

Established Member
i think booing is taking things a bit too far. it was a disappointing result and performance, but it wasn't a disgraceful performance.

Arsenal316

You're entitled to boo the team if you don't think they're doing well. Hopefully that's all you do.......

If they booed, that's fine. If they were that disappointed and upset that we couldn't win, again, I feel they have the right to boo. It's the fans way to tell the players that we're not happy with their performance, and we expect better.

Look on the bright side, I think this method of criticism is better than Wenger trashing his own team in the papers......

patrick42uk

Established Member
Arsène is right. we'v been spoilt. i'm truly surprised by that and quite shocked as well. i'm not convinced its deserved considering our position in the table.

Florida Gooner

I believe that paying fans have the right to boo poor performances against teams that should be fairly easily dispatched, of which WBA is a prime example. Arsenal has set a standard of quality that the fans expect to see on a consistent basis, and when they don't, the team will hear it from the people in the stands. Athletes in all sports understand this and accept it. This should hardly come as a shock or be deemed a disgrace.

patrick42uk

Established Member
but surely if that is considered in the context that we'v produced this high level of football against the odds, i.e our relative financial strength compared to the big clubs, then it is a bit harsh? we have no divine right to the sort of football we'v seen, but its been offered to us thanks to one man. booing his team, who clearly lack that vital commodity in football that is confidence, seems a bit ungrateful to me. besides isnt it this same paying supporters who were accused of inadequate support at the height of our entertaining football?

solthegunner

patrick42uk said:
but surely if that is considered in the context that we'v produced this high level of football against the odds, i.e our relative financial strength compared to the big clubs, then it is a bit harsh? we have no divine right to the sort of football we'v seen, but its been offered to us thanks to one man. booing his team, who clearly lack that vital commodity in football that is confidence, seems a bit ungrateful to me. besides isnt it this same paying supporters who were accused of inadequate support at the height of our entertaining football?

Or when you have spent on watching the team play everywhere you should clap when they draw at home to relegation certs wba?
So if we loose the league due to our inability to win at palace or beat wba and saints at home we should all be glad?
Booing the team is always hard but how many points do you think chelsea will drop against those teams. Fans are there to voice their opinion. Good or bad.

A

Anonymous

What is wrong with booing? We pay 2k a year to watch that pile of ****e get dished up, they did it against bolton, united, saints, palace and now west brom. Ive got no problems with losing, i was used to it throughout the 80's and 90's, ive always just enjoyed watching arsenal, but what i dont enjoy is paying 50 quid to watch a bunch of overpaid ponces strut around the pitch and then whinge and make excuses once they are made fools of. Booing is common these days, i dont always agree with it, but in this case i do. Some teams fans go well OTT teams like fulham and tottenham drawing together create boos from the home fans, its weird, fans just seem to be getting pissed off easier, mind you, can you blame them? we get the rough end of the stick.

A

Anonymous

booing is good, i dont mind it at all, these players are overpaid ponces the lot of them, do they really care about the club??? They just dont seem to give a ****e to me. We are the ones who pay for their 5 mercedes and 5 story houses and we are the ones that feel worse about the poor results and we are the ones who get the stick from all other fans. Its alrite for the players, they can escape to their country houses with their supermodels and ignore it all. The fans deserve the right to voice their opinions, which is something all big clubs have almost completely wiped out, so booing is a way for the fans to blatantly show the team how disappointed we are, nothing wrong with that!

skart14

Footballing is a career...if you do badly in your job you get ****ed by your boss....he pays you.....the fans are indirectly paying ror the footballers salaries too....if the footballers don't do well the fans have a right to show their displeasure by booing...

tbbosa

theguvnor said:
, these players are overpaid ponces the lot of them, do they really care about the club??? They just dont seem to give a s***e to me. We are the ones who pay for their 5 mercedes and 5 story houses!
Do I sense bitterness and jealousy here?.... well just like you and me, playing football is a job with varying salary scales. The harder and smarter you work plus talent, the higher you get paid. Just like at the work place, lazy b****ds always complain about salaries all the time, instead of working their arses. Footballers work hard and they deserve all the money they get, all the cars, all the houses (and all the women 8) ). So if someone does not like that, let him/her go hang.
The booing was uncalled for, were are just drawing and not loosing FFS.
If our poor spell is getting a few draws every year, I will sign for that, for the next 10 years!!
Remember we usually struggle during this time every year, we are not doing that poorly, as feeble fans would make you believe!

Latest posts

Top Bottom