• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

booing the players?

KingReyes

Established Member
Arseblog this morning has wrote up an article on his opinion on the booing.

http://www.arseblog.com/index.php#November23

I feel that the team needs our support the most when they aren't at their best. When things aren't going our way what they need is the supporters to lift their spirits for the upcoming games not boo them.

I remember in the FA cup semi against Man u last year when we were 1-0 down. Freddie had to try to lift the support of the fans himself, that really dissapoints me. We shouldn't need the players to get the supporters to get behind the team, it should be the other way around.

And the fact that we have only lost once this season and are managing to get draws when our form is at a low shouldn't be a good reason to boo. As Wenger and others on the forum have said before, we have been spoilt.

Allyboy

Established Member
Theres too many knee jerk reactions in football today, it is so exposed and so hyped up.

We had poor patches in 1997/98 and 2001/2002 and we came through, and if 2002/2003 taught us anything its that its best to have your poor patch in the first half of the season.

The crazy thing is, if we spank PSV on Wednesday half the people slagging the team off will probably herald them the best in the world again!

It is a bit depressing at the moment but would you swap with Man U?

Or would you really swap with Chelsea? Sure you would have an unlimited wallet now but when was the last time you won the league? How many of the people on here were actually born when that last happened?

Maybe a persistant drop in form is not such a bad thing, it might get rid of some of the fickle glory fans which the club have attracted over the years...

Sammer

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
but surely if that is considered in the context that we'v produced this high level of football against the odds, i.e our relative financial strength compared to the big clubs, then it is a bit harsh? we have no divine right to the sort of football we'v seen, but its been offered to us thanks to one man. booing his team, who clearly lack that vital commodity in football that is confidence, seems a bit ungrateful to me. besides isnt it this same paying supporters who were accused of inadequate support at the height of our entertaining football?

Booing is completely out of order, considering that we have only lost one league game.

We have too many so-called-"fans", and not enough supporters. It´s so easy to support a team, that always wins. Even if you have paid lots of money for your ticket, you ought to think twice, if booing is appropriate in the current state the team is in.

Personally, I feel as Arsenal supporters, we owe to this team. Getting behind the guys is vital now.

Spartan

Mark said:
It's customary to boo if you are not happy with the result. I sure as hell wasn't happy, so I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of Highbury felt the same.

i was part of highbury and even though our display wasnt great there is no way the team deserves booing. makes me sick when i hear it. bloody armchair supporters, think they know it all

Chips&CurrySauce

Booing the team is just pathetic... As Sammer said, we have only lost 1 game all season, in all competitions. We are obvioualy struggling with injuries to key players in midfield and defence and the form of the team has dropped. Every team suffers in dips in form, thats football.

The problem is people think we have the god given right to win everything even thoughh we are operating within a budget the fraction of the size of Chelsea, Manu and to a lesser extent Newcastle and Liverpool.

Maybe we should just get rid of all the high earners like Patrick, Thierry, Sol, Pires and Freddie, that'll keepp guvnor happy and we'll see how the team gets on then....

Ratinho

Established Member
The problem is people think we have the god given right to win everything even thoughh we are operating within a budget the fraction of the size of Chelsea, Manu and to a lesser extent Newcastle and Liverpool.

Nail on the head. You don't win every game, and when you're in a bad run of form, you lose and draw games. We're fortunate playing like this that we are not losing more than we have, because by all rights we should have. I think something people have to remember is that these players want to win, and in the cases of people like Henry, every bit and maybe more than we want it. Look at Ljungberg, out of form, not playing especially well, but giving everything when I see him play, and he's fighting to try and get the form back, and when we do.......well, we know what we can do, even though some people seem to have forgotten already.

And how are they overpaid? They are being payed the going rate for a proffessional footballer, at this level. You want them to turn down the money? Ask for less? You'd do that, right?

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I was at the game with one of my kids.
As my son had 2 major operations and it was his first time since, his operations we left earlier(advise of his surgeons to leave game bit earlier to avoid the rush of supporters leaving the game) we missed the reaction of the supporters.
I think its dreadfull to boo your team.
It will be best if you do not cheer if you are not happy.
If Arsenal play badly you should still show you care about them, by not cheering them but still give them a clap,it will show that you love them.
You should be always there for them even though you are not happy by the way they played
They are only human and humans can make mistakes .
Arsenal has not lost a game and draw is better then not to win a game.

Jinn

Established Member
I would never boo the team.

Support all the way - especially in matches. There is no point in booing them: teams won't raise their game when their fans boo them; but they might play better if you cheer them on.

Whatever the results, whatever the display, I'd cheer the team.

vin de guerre

Mark said:
It's customary to boo if you are not happy with the result. I sure as hell wasn't happy, so I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of Highbury felt the same.

It is NOT customary to boo if you are unhappy with the result. It is customary to support your team! This team has played sublime football and been undefeated over 49 games in the EPL. They are NOT wallowing the depths of the EPL they dam well second and people who think themselves fans boo them! It is beyond all comprehension how short memories some fans have! God what would you lot have done when we couldnt organise a p!ss up in a brewery during the mid 60's?
Anyone who booed or even condones booing should really have deep look at themselves and check whether or not they are true fans of Arsenal Football Club!

vin de guerre

This booing really does get up my nose! It reminds me of my army days where the one thing you never do is leave your wounded on the field of combat. Booing is the sporting equivalent of leaving your wounded out to dry!

kanuuu

Established Member
I would only boo the team if i thouht they werent giving 100%, our players arent perfect and they cant play blinders every week but when it looks like they don't give a **** about the team i would boo. Every time i see Titi putting on a sulk i want to give him a slap, but booing the team at the moment is a bit much, they're trying their best but lack confidence, booing wont help.

KingReyes

Established Member
Here's another opinion from an Arsenal fan which i found on football365, I thought he summed it up well.

How Can Gooners Boo?
I'm a very disgruntled Arsenal fan. Not disgruntled with the players, but our so-called 'fans'. After our draw with West Brom on Saturday, I heard sections of the Highbury 'faithful' booing the lads off the pitch! Booing the champions off, after a draw and having seen our team lose only once in our past 53 games?!!

What else more do you supposed Gooners want? Anyone who boos the champions off, after a home draw and still two points off the top of the Premiership, doesn't deserve to get in the ground!

If all you worry about is 'who can I slate this week', or 'shall I leave 15 mins before the final whistle, so I can be home half an hour earlier', then f**k off and support Chavski or Man Yoo!!!

We all have to live with the 'Highbury Library' tag, but I won't just stand by and let ignorant muppets (no matter how long you've been going Highbury) boo them off the pitch, just because we didn't win by a considerable margin.

Some of our fans don't deserve the football they see at Highbury and if it's getting too much for you, then hand your season ticket back to the Arsenal Box Office and let some of those thousands of fans on the waiting list have their opportunity to cheer the boys on, like real fans should!
Stephen Gallagher, North London (Clock End season ticket holder)

vin de guerre

KingReyes said:
Here's another opinion from an Arsenal fan which i found on football365, I thought he summed it up well.

How Can Gooners Boo?
I'm a very disgruntled Arsenal fan. Not disgruntled with the players, but our so-called 'fans'. After our draw with West Brom on Saturday, I heard sections of the Highbury 'faithful' booing the lads off the pitch! Booing the champions off, after a draw and having seen our team lose only once in our past 53 games?!!

What else more do you supposed Gooners want? Anyone who boos the champions off, after a home draw and still two points off the top of the Premiership, doesn't deserve to get in the ground!

If all you worry about is 'who can I slate this week', or 'shall I leave 15 mins before the final whistle, so I can be home half an hour earlier', then f**k off and support Chavski or Man Yoo!!!

We all have to live with the 'Highbury Library' tag, but I won't just stand by and let ignorant muppets (no matter how long you've been going Highbury) boo them off the pitch, just because we didn't win by a considerable margin.

Some of our fans don't deserve the football they see at Highbury and if it's getting too much for you, then hand your season ticket back to the Arsenal Box Office and let some of those thousands of fans on the waiting list have their opportunity to cheer the boys on, like real fans should!
Stephen Gallagher, North London (Clock End season ticket holder)

I totally agree! As I have before booing is the lowest form of sporting back stabbing. It is not criticism but rather a self defeating act of spoilt brats!

patrick42uk

Established Member
the thing with this situation as well is that its a confidence crisis off the back of the ending of the run. booing never helps confidence. if it was simply a case of not trying, it'd be justified but only slightly.

singooner

In modern football the more a team wins, the more the team is expected to win and the less tolerant we become about failure - even relative failure. As soon as fans assume success, and demand it, they stop enjoying it.

taken from http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9753,1345071,00.html

Basically we have become a victim of our own success. The unbeaten run, the wonderful football we saw at the start of this season, all that has spoiled us. We need to take a step back and accept that there will be periods when due to injuries, fatigue or whatever, our team will be off-form. The players need our support and not our condemnation, after all, we haven't lost 6 games in a row, like the Spuds!

So lighten up guys, take a deep breath and chill. We WILL be back in form again and soon we'll be kicking ass.

A

Anonymous

Do I sense bitterness and jealousy here?.... well just like you and me, playing football is a job with varying salary scales. The harder and smarter you work plus talent, the higher you get paid. Just like at the work place, lazy b****ds always complain about salaries all the time, instead of working their arses. Footballers work hard and they deserve all the money they get, all the cars, all the houses (and all the women ). So if someone does not like that, let him/her go hang.
Maybe there is a sense of bitterness in me, maybe because i grew up in a much better time for football, with REAL players, REAL men, a REAL sport for REAL supporters. There was little distinction between the players and the fans. We all adored the club and the players, the players were the same as us, they would bleed for the club, they came from the terraces and earnt no more than what they deserved for doing what they loved. Times change i know, doesnt mean i should like the change. You obviously dont understand football or you have become seriously star struck like others here. Why do the players deserve all the money they get? People are acting like they are above us all, BOLLOX, they are human beings who are doing what they love doing. Yes they are the same as me and you, they earn their money and the better they are they more they get, BUT they do not deserve the amount they get.
How can you say 50,000 pound a week is deserved? How do they work hard? they are doing what they love, something we would do for free. Working hard is getting up at 5.30 am, travelling miles through traffic, getting to a **** work site, lifting, shifting, digging all kinds of ****, getting looked down on, treated like a nothing, getting paid a salary that barely feeds your family let alone buys you a merc. Tell me that these footballers living the dream deserve more than everyday people who actually do do hard jobs! There is no way in the world they deserve to be poncing around in their massive houses whilst us joe averages are the ones fighting hard just too keep paying their wages. I know its the way it is, but doesnt mean i should agree with it, and too defend their right to get paid 50k a week and too be able to think they can get away with what they want is just igorance and a complete joke.
If i failed at my job i would get a right bollocking and would cost me money, so it would for most of you others, so why should footballers be any different, why do they get the right to have a bad day at work and sneak home and live it up? they deserve any flak they get as they have been underperforming, now i dont boo, ive never booed arsenal, but i can understand why some people have become so disgruntled that they want to do it.

Gurgen

Established Member
tbbosa said:
theguvnor said:
, these players are overpaid ponces the lot of them, do they really care about the club??? They just dont seem to give a s***e to me. We are the ones who pay for their 5 mercedes and 5 story houses!
Do I sense bitterness and jealousy here?.... well just like you and me, playing football is a job with varying salary scales. The harder and smarter you work plus talent, the higher you get paid. Just like at the work place, lazy b****ds always complain about salaries all the time, instead of working their arses. Footballers work hard and they deserve all the money they get, all the cars, all the houses (and all the women 8) ). So if someone does not like that, let him/her go hang.
The booing was uncalled for, were are just drawing and not loosing FFS.
If our poor spell is getting a few draws every year, I will sign for that, for the next 10 years!!
Remember we usually struggle during this time every year, we are not doing that poorly, as feeble fans would make you believe!

Mate please, what does being a footballer having to do with being smart? Just because they have footballing talent they're better human beings? Why don't opera singers get paid that amount of money? You can bet your ass their performances require a lot more work than playing football. I've seen tomatoes thrown at singers for their ****e performances, why can't some fans boo the team? I wouldn't boo them myself, but I can understand some people are seriously pissed off.

skart14

theguvnor said:
Do I sense bitterness and jealousy here?.... well just like you and me, playing football is a job with varying salary scales. The harder and smarter you work plus talent, the higher you get paid. Just like at the work place, lazy b****ds always complain about salaries all the time, instead of working their arses. Footballers work hard and they deserve all the money they get, all the cars, all the houses (and all the women ). So if someone does not like that, let him/her go hang.
Maybe there is a sense of bitterness in me, maybe because i grew up in a much better time for football, with REAL players, REAL men, a REAL sport for REAL supporters. There was little distinction between the players and the fans. We all adored the club and the players, the players were the same as us, they would bleed for the club, they came from the terraces and earnt no more than what they deserved for doing what they loved. Times change i know, doesnt mean i should like the change. You obviously dont understand football or you have become seriously star struck like others here. Why do the players deserve all the money they get? People are acting like they are above us all, BOLLOX, they are human beings who are doing what they love doing. Yes they are the same as me and you, they earn their money and the better they are they more they get, BUT they do not deserve the amount they get.
How can you say 50,000 pound a week is deserved? How do they work hard? they are doing what they love, something we would do for free. Working hard is getting up at 5.30 am, travelling miles through traffic, getting to a s**t work site, lifting, shifting, digging all kinds of s**t, getting looked down on, treated like a nothing, getting paid a salary that barely feeds your family let alone buys you a merc. Tell me that these footballers living the dream deserve more than everyday people who actually do do hard jobs! There is no way in the world they deserve to be poncing around in their massive houses whilst us joe averages are the ones fighting hard just too keep paying their wages. I know its the way it is, but doesnt mean i should agree with it, and too defend their right to get paid 50k a week and too be able to think they can get away with what they want is just igorance and a complete joke.
If i failed at my job i would get a right bollocking and would cost me money, so it would for most of you others, so why should footballers be any different, why do they get the right to have a bad day at work and sneak home and live it up? they deserve any flak they get as they have been underperforming, now i dont boo, ive never booed arsenal, but i can understand why some people have become so disgruntled that they want to do it.

Well said guv...sticking up for average joe....i seriously can't see how anyone can justify getting paid $50000/week playing football...life is a ****ing ***** and then you die.... :evil:

AFCG7

Established Member
Well we'll see next match if the booing had any effect on the players.. everyone here thinks they need a kick up their backsides, some players more than others..so maybe some fans thought they shoul give the players a message.
I agree with it in a sense, depending on the fans intentions..the players need to know some of us are not happy with the performance.
About those who are saying we should be happy with where we are, i resent that because back in the 80's and some times in the 90's when we were no that good the team showed the fans a lot more commitment than this one appears to show...i cant remember the crowd ever booing our guys off the pitch.

tbbosa

theguvnor said:
Why do the players deserve all the money they get? People are acting like they are above us all, BOLLOX, they are human beings who are doing what they love doing. Yes they are the same as me and you, they earn their money and the better they are they more they get, BUT they do not deserve the amount they get.How can you say 50,000 pound a week is deserved? How do they work hard?
The catch word here is "salary scale"...in the football profession given what they do, they deserve it. Politicians get more than that, for sitting in the house and f**t!!.....some CEO's earn alot for just attending mettings all day...how about footballers then, who are subjetcted to abuse from ignorant fans ...who train everyday...have no private lives .... time to spend with their families... get kicked all over the pitch. etc... and you dont think that is hard work?
theguvnor said:
Working hard is getting up at 5.30 am, travelling miles through traffic, getting to a s**t work site, lifting, shifting, digging all kinds of s**t, getting looked down on, treated like a nothing, getting paid a salary that barely feeds your family let alone buys you a merc.There is no way in the world they deserve to be poncing around in their massive houses whilst us joe averages are the ones fighting hard just too keep paying their wages.
That's life gov.!! all of us cannot drive, all of us cannot be the same, even fingers on you hand are not equal. You do not expect everyone to earn the same salaries.....some people are meant to serve others..thats why there are kings and subjects!!...that is the only way the world can be in Equilibrium!.
theguvnor said:
If i failed at my job i would get a right bollocking and would cost me money, so it would for most of you others, so why should footballers be any different
They do not get away with it, if you do not perform you are benched...or worse still sold off (Jeffers??).......but does your superior at work redicule you (read booing) after your company has had a succeful finacial year given your hard work and success (read 49 games unbeaten), if you have a few days of uninspired input(read draws)???... I don't think so!!

I can't see myself booing this team...never!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom