• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

booing the players?

A

Anonymous

Hay, footballs come along way, back in the 80's if we didnt like the result we would try and charge onto the pitch and get it abandoned, now you complain about simply booing :roll: its a part of football. The ones who are complaining about it like its the end of the world, how many arsenal games have you been to? Because if youve regulared arsenal over the last 10 years you would understand how much the performances mean to the fans and you would also understand why it isnt such a crime to boo. Its alrite to sit there and call booers fake fans etc from your arm chair, try living the life of a fan who is there every week spending there money to see the players give a **** uncaring effort. THEN tell me those fans dont have a right to express their disapproval.

Aussie

Established Member
Thats the biggest bullshit saying ever

"Real fans dont boo or critise there own team"

Bullshit i say

A

Anonymous

They arnt booing the team or the club, they are booing the overpaid ponces that have been struting around the pitch not caring. Ive never booed but if i did it wouldnt be because of a result or because i was having ago at the club, i would be booing the ****s wearing my our badge that dont seem to be putting in any effort whatsoever. If that is the reason for booing then i think it is a legitimate one. If the players show they will bleed for the badge then they get my respect, the ones who seem not to give a damn - like most of our players - i dont respect one bit, that goes for all players from other clubs also. These players deserve to be booed by the diehard fans who finally get fed up with the tossers who seem mroe interested in the money than the club.

skart14

DannyGooner1982 said:
I say real fans don't boo their own team no matter what predicament they are in.

Thats a stupid and naive statement...the fans are humans and humans have emotions...when the fans get frustrated they show it by booing....it happens in every sport.....

Biggus

Established Member
If anyone here feels that they're not getting fully compensated for their financial investment in the club perhaps they should invest in Manchester United pty. ltd.
If anyone here feels that their team should win every time, go and join the Abramovich mafia or even Everton....they're doing well- but don't boo my side...The Gunners

A

Anonymous

Biggus, no one is saying that the team should win everytime,
just saying that the players should put in an effort.
I wouldn't boo if a player is as skilled or not as skilled as Henry, I wouldn't boo if we went on a 49 unbeaten game run or were rotting in the 3rd division, as LONG as the players Give in their ALL, that's what matters the most!

Sonic Youth

solthegunner said:
At least the people that boo are the ones that feel passionate enough about the club to show their feelings.

they can also show they're passionate by singing a song. just once, one tiny little song.
but do you hear them sing? nope.
they're not passionate, they're a bunch of grouches.

Alexone234

To be fair, our support is mostly B-llocks. We sing very little then get on the back of Cygan and other non stars the moment they do anything.

I think that as supporters we don't understand our team and how they play.

Wenger's first rule is passing the ball to each other, drawing the opposition on. This sometimes means that the back four get a lot of the ball. The amount of times our fans start getting restless about this is just stupid.

I hate to say this, but we are the worst fans in the EPL at home

Biggus

Established Member
coolcool2 said:
I wouldn't boo if a player is as skilled or not as skilled as Henry, I wouldn't boo if we went on a 49 unbeaten game run or were rotting in the 3rd division, as LONG as the players Give in their ALL, that's what matters the most!

I support a football team...I'm not buying a product, Its not up to you me or anyone to pass judgement on Cygan, Lehmann, or anyone in the squad. How would you know if a player "was putting in an effort"? they may be carrying an injury have personal problems whatever....Only Arsène and his staff know and the final word is Arsène's.
People here are very fortunate to have fate decide Arsenal was their team you don't have to look far to see that.... and all the lads ask in return is our support. Have a look at the Pompey fans and hang your heads in shame, Ya bunch of spoiled brats.

A

Anonymous

Alexone234 said:
I hate to say this, but we are the worst fans in the EPL at home

Not true at all.

Fulham, Charlton, Blackburn and a few others are far far worse than us. On its day its hard to top Highbury, its just that those days dont come along often enough.

Where our support is so bad is that we are a big team, who win things and play great football, but we just dont support them enough. For big games we are excellent, its just we, like the team find it hard to get up for 'smaller' teams.

Virtually every atmosphere from home grounds are awful now. I dont think Everton sang one song on the first game of the season, pitiful support. Newcastle away last season we took the piss -"wheres your famous atmosphere?" We outsung the mancs at OT - "we forgot that you were here." We outsing the scousers every year at Anfield aswell, there support is awful. Highbury is bad, but so is virtually every other ground in the league.

And I dont see a problem really in booing the players. We shouldnt be drawing at home to WBA, end of. Its just a way of letting out frustration and anger.

A

Anonymous

Biggus said:
coolcool2 said:

I support a football team...I'm not buying a product, Its not up to you me or anyone to pass judgement on Cygan, Lehmann, or anyone in the squad. How would you know if a player "was putting in an effort"? they may be carrying an injury have personal problems whatever....Only Arsène and his staff know and the final word is Arsène's.
People here are very fortunate to have fate decide Arsenal was their team you don't have to look far to see that.... and all the lads ask in return is our support. Have a look at the Pompey fans and hang your heads in shame, Ya bunch of spoiled brats.

At times it's pretty obvious and u can see whether or not a player is giving it their all or not. And if a player is injured or does have personal problems and cannot give it his all, he should simply inform the manager about him and request not to play and not have the club in risk just because of personal problems or whatever.
When they play with their hearts, we sing with our hearts, when they can't give a ****, why should we.

Biggus

Established Member
when they can't give a f**k, why should we.

Then we may just as well pack it all in.....give up been a Arsenal fan and just watch your local pub side running around like headless chickens, loads of passion and clueless. We're in a bad slump now, the players are low on confidence-booing them will not change that, only slowly grinding the results when you're playing badly thats what wins championships something this "championship manager generation" does'nt understand.

A

Anonymous

Out sung the home support at Old Trafford? rubbish. We were good but not that good.
As for booing the team, well when they are crap (Like now) they're crap. They should be booed :evil: :cry:

A

Anonymous

Biggus said:

Then we may just as well pack it all in.....give up been a Arsenal fan and just watch your local pub side running around like headless chickens, loads of passion and clueless. We're in a bad slump now, the players are low on confidence-booing them will not change that, only slowly grinding the results when you're playing badly thats what wins championships something this "championship manager generation" does'nt understand.

yes, but just cause you are low on confidence doesn't mean that your players shouldn't give an effort. That's what the players don't seem to be doing. Atleast not in the midfield.

Aussie

Established Member
Yesterday at half time the players go in after one of the worst performance's lacking everything including passion. What do you rekon Wenger or Rice did? Im sure one of them ripped into them a bit and got them to wake the **** up. Its just the same as a few people booing. It was never like the full 38,000 people all rised as one and booed them of the ground. Its just trying to get the players to wake up.

DannyGooner1982

skart14 said:
DannyGooner1982 said:
I say real fans don't boo their own team no matter what predicament they are in.

Thats a stupid and naive statement...the fans are humans and humans have emotions...when the fans get frustrated they show it by booing....it happens in every sport.....

So, you're justifying your argument by saying that it happens in other sports..

Some fans are fickle and that rankles me. That's all I'm trying to say. I would never boo Arsenal F.C, even if I had paid $100000 for a ticket to the game.

solthegunner

Sonic Youth said:
solthegunner said:
At least the people that boo are the ones that feel passionate enough about the club to show their feelings.

they can also show they're passionate by singing a song. just once, one tiny little song.
but do you hear them sing? nope.
they're not passionate, they're a bunch of grouches.

What i actually said was:

At least the people that boo are the ones that feel passionate enough about the club to show their feelings. Which in some ways is better than the jokers that use highbury as a rich social club.

So I was saying that although booing isn't the greatest thing to do it is probably the same people that boo that sing. The passionate ones.

Biggus

Established Member
coolcool2 said:
Biggus said:

yes, but just cause you are low on confidence doesn't mean that your players shouldn't give an effort. That's what the players don't seem to be doing. Atleast not in the midfield.

So.... being booed by your own fans your only means of support will do wonders for your confidence...well I must have missed that sports psychology lesson :roll:
The lads have to play in front of many hostile crowds from the boorish and racist CL away games to the thuggish **** at OT and pathetic ****** at WHL why oh why must they suffer it at home too?

Biggus

Established Member
Aussie said:
Yesterday at half time the players go in after one of the worst performance's lacking everything including passion. What do you rekon Wenger or Rice did? Im sure one of them ripped into them a bit and got them to wake the f**k up. Its just the same as a few people booing. It was never like the full 38,000 people all rised as one and booed them of the ground. Its just trying to get the players to wake up.

Be that as it may thats Arsenes and Pats job....for christsake the Prof probably has 50,000,000 degrees in sports motivation or whatever Our job as supporters is to ...err support...

Top Bottom