• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Boro undresses Lazio

Florida Gooner

Boro 2-0 Lazio as Zenden gets a pair.

All credit to Boro, though Lazio did not seem very interested in attacking or defending. Downing was once again a machine on the left, pounding ball after ball into the box. A star in the near future, IMHO. All in all, a thorough spanking given to the Italians, who with due respect, are not what they used to be, given the financial woes.

Mark

Established Member
Oddo, who we have been linked with, looked terrible. I know most of the team did, but still. Good job by Boro anyway. Great first goal by Zenden too.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
you should have read the soccernet text commentary during that match.. they were totally ripping on Lazio saying his 86 year old grandmother could defend better, Oddo was tripping over his own feet, etc.. man, they were ruthless but so damn funny

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
He's made Oddo look like a Dodo. Clever, eh?

McLaren looks a little edgy; I think he'd like a second goal. Either that or he's worried he might have left the gas on.

Downing causes yet more trouble down the left, his cross hitting the bar before going out of play. Apparently, he used to be a ball-boy at The Riverside. Roy of the Rovers stuff, eh?

Lazio are £215 million in debt. How? You'd have thought at £100 million, the bank might have become a bit sceptical about handing out any more...

Oddo falls over attempting to hoodwink a throw in. He's a current Italian international, but has defended like my grandmother tonight. And she's 86.

When did Bolo Zenden become good? He used to be rubbish, now he's running the show - the star man so far.

select comments from the text commentary

Canuck

Established Member
Indeed report I read said that Lazio were abysmal. They've really dropped in quality over the past few years. Last season was kind of a breaking point where several 'stars' finally decided they'd had enough. Good on Boro to give them a spanking. I'm still not convinced that they can keep it together long enough to make a run to the final. Newcastle also beat Tbilisi (Georgian I believe) 2-0 with goals from Shearer and Bellamy. Apparently that wasn't much of an uphill struggle either.

AFCG7

Established Member
Lots of us were calling for Oddo before... i think the prudent thing to do would be to watch somebody over a sustained period of games before we even think of signing.

Soler

Established Member
Middlesbrough beat Lazio. Arsenal would beat Middlesbrough comfortably. Arsenal would struggle to beat Lazio.

*sigh*

Canuck

Established Member
I don't think we would struggle to beat Lazio, especially if they played like they did against Boro. While I remember Middlesbrough giving us quite a game not so long ago... :mrgreen:

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom