• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Boycotting Arsenal

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That's all semantics though, what does it actually mean? Mustafi is an ex-world cup winner, Xhaka an international captain, Lacazette our former POTY that cost us 50 million.

That we can’t keep saying, the players are sh*t.

We’re never going to assemble a team of Galacticos in every position but the club has spent big on an elite midfield signing and a top defender as well as renewing our best player of the last few years.

Willian was really good post lockdown and Leno is a solid keeper. Elneny isn’t a long term solution but he’s fine for now at his job.

This is a team that should be a lot better than the f*cking pathetic showing we saw last night getting battered 3-0 at home by Villa.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This is going to sound melodramatic and even more so coming from me. But i've genuinely had enough of this ****e. I said i'd boycott after Leicester and failed which has done me **** all favours. I'd appreciate some advice on ignoring the club for the foreseeable as i'm not willing to get angry over such turgid ****e.

Take up a hobby, conduct an affair, or take up yoga or origami? If everything fails, join the Foreign Legion.

Sanis

Only name and glorious history left of the club. Very sad. Probably very painful for Wenger to see what Arsenal became these days.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Stop being such a bunch of privileged arseholes. We were spoilt rotten under Wenger, the club isn't being sold anytime we just have to accept our mediocrity and the fact that Wenger was having us play out of our skins.

Only thing we can hope for a Liverpool like situation where our manager turns us in to world beaters but we have a long way to go.

I believe in arteta but I'm worried that he's over coaching. Needs to let the boys play.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I knew people would throw out the entitled argument when i created this thread. If they actually read some of the points made through the thread, this is less about results and performances and more about what are we, as individuals, getting out of the club. Is it worth following religiously a club that has made some awful, already mentioned, decisions of the field? They bleed supporters dry when they can go to games and then sack the ordinary folk who work at the club when the going gets slightly tough. That decision to make 55 people redundant should be taken as a giant **** you to any working class supporter.

We've got donkeys on hundreds of thousands a week who don't give a **** getting spanked by Villa yet it's us 9-5ers who are the entitled ones. I don't expect the team to win every game but i expect the club to be decent and it's not. I want a club with honesty and integrity.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I knew people would throw out the entitled argument when i created this thread. If they actually read some of the points made through the thread, this is less about results and performances and more about what are we, as individuals, getting out of the club. Is it worth following religiously a club that has made some awful, already mentioned, decisions of the field? They bleed supporters dry when they can go to games and then sack the ordinary folk who work at the club when the going gets slightly tough. That decision to make 55 people redundant should be taken as a giant **** you to any working class supporter.

We've got donkeys on hundreds of thousands a week who don't give a **** getting spanked by Villa yet it's us 9-5ers who are the entitled ones. I don't expect the team to win every game but i expect the club to be decent and it's not. I want a club with honesty and integrity.

I'll say it again, the match day staff and mascot are going to be coming back when fans are back in stadiums. Nobody actually knows the ins and outs and what sort of pay off packages the people made redundant got either.

Also theres the point that we were trying to streamline the club anyway, if those staff members were let go this time two years ago as they are no longer needed then nothing would be said. But because we're in a pandemic and people like yourself love to sit on a very high horse its suddenly carnage.

I personally would love people like you to boycott the club, its another negative nancy out of here. You'll come running back when we start consistently doing well. Its quite embarrassing that you can't support your team when you're doing bad and the difference between your mental state with the club is a couple of losses.

The fact is if we beat Leicester and Villa and went on to get top 4 this season you wouldn't be saying naff all against the clubs decisions.

REWB

Why do some people act like the owners are the problem? we are like the 3rd/4th biggest net spenders in the league. The guys who fckd us over spending 100m on Pepe/Torreira etc are gone. We are rebuilding slowly.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why do some people act like the owners are the problem? we are like the 3rd/4th biggest net spenders in the league. The guys who fckd us over spending 100m on Pepe/Torreira etc are gone. We are rebuilding slowly.

The fact is if you aren't winning then people will point the finger. Look at United, biggest spenders you'll see, but not winning, so fans will point the finger at anyone they can.

Its just how some people work, not everyone can be clever like you and I. Some people genuinely can't see past their noses.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don’t care about names or trophies at the moment. Just make us enjoyable to watch. Other defensive teams at least have fast counter to admire, we have nothing.

Late Wenger ball was dead but better than this ffs.

Last edited:

Barron

This is going to sound melodramatic and even more so coming from me. But i've genuinely had enough of this ****e. I said i'd boycott after Leicester and failed which has done me **** all favours. I'd appreciate some advice on ignoring the club for the foreseeable as i'm not willing to get angry over such turgid ****e.

Get into politics... that'll cheer you up

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I really blame Kroenke and would love to hit him where it hurts (his wallet). People are too zealous about supporting the club, but to me... supporting the club is getting him the **** out.

I don't actually blame Kroenke for his lack of investment, I blame him for putting the wrong people in power. We are not a forward thinking club, we have had enough money to be competing at the highest level for a long time now.

The issue has been how we use our resources and who uses them. How many smart purchases have we made that significantly increase the value of a player?

Martinelli is the only player we have bought that has increased in value. Torreira, Guendouzi, Leno, Lacazette, Aubamayang, Sokratis, Mustafi, Xhaka, Mari, Chambers, Kolasinac, Cedric, Willian, Özil, Elneny are all players that either have no value or have significantly diminished. I am sure I missed a few, but on too many occasions we do it ourselves. We have killed the market for Torreira, Guendouzi and Pepe.

We have let players go for literally no reason other than stupidity. Jeff should never have been let go. Not because he was the messiah, but clearly because we could have built him up with a better loan and sold him for a good amount of money. We turned down 16 million for Chambers. Bennacer. A player we could have got back for peanuts and then sold for 3 times the amount.

We miss out on so many players either by snobbishness, or simply poor scouting. We don't utilise the lower leagues, we don't buy from other Premiership teams and we always state that we want the highest quality.

That term really annoys me. Highest quality?

Holding, Chambers, Mustafi, Xhaka, Ceballos, Elneny, Kolasinac, Lacazette, Willian and on and on, are these players of the highest quality? It doesn't take much to be better than these players. We act like we cant get better players unless we are buying champions league winners. Its so odd for a club who isn't even in the champions league to think we have some divine right to half a team full of champions league quality players who are happy to play in the europa league.

rich 1990

I'll say it again, the match day staff and mascot are going to be coming back when fans are back in stadiums. Nobody actually knows the ins and outs and what sort of pay off packages the people made redundant got either.

Also theres the point that we were trying to streamline the club anyway, if those staff members were let go this time two years ago as they are no longer needed then nothing would be said. But because we're in a pandemic and people like yourself love to sit on a very high horse its suddenly carnage.

I personally would love people like you to boycott the club, its another negative nancy out of here. You'll come running back when we start consistently doing well. Its quite embarrassing that you can't support your team when you're doing bad and the difference between your mental state with the club is a couple of losses.

The fact is if we beat Leicester and Villa and went on to get top 4 this season you wouldn't be saying naff all against the clubs decisions.
I'll say it again. Whether the staff/mascot come back or not is irrelevant. What has the money "saved" gone on? A 26 year old who had to go back to Brazil after flopping in Europe that gets a 4 year contract here? Another Chelsea player who is clearly over the hill? A 28 year old rb who has never played for a top club? You can talk about streamlining the club all you ****ing want but we're literally pissing money away and those lower down bear the brunt. The club can excuse themselves of the redundancies when they make better financial decisions with the squad.

After 24 years of supporting the club and being priced out of going to games for years, i, and we, are entitled to question the methods of the club. I've said i'm not just going to quit supporting the club but i am going to change the way i follow the club.

rich 1990

Great posting by @rich 1990 here. Surprising, because generally he posts rubbish and bad jokes.
As i've said before, football is a simple game, something you've been copying recently btw, and therefore i keep the posts simple. If you're posting paragraphs on such a trivial subject, you're wasting your brain cells imo. Save your energy for more important subjects. I'll only post more in depth when i think something needs to be said. The ugliness of modern Arsenal and football being one.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'll say it again. Whether the staff/mascot come back or not is irrelevant. What has the money "saved" gone on? A 26 year old who had to go back to Brazil after flopping in Europe that gets a 4 year contract here? Another Chelsea player who is clearly over the hill? A 28 year old rb who has never played for a top club? You can talk about streamlining the club all you ****ing want but we're literally pissing money away and those lower down bear the brunt. The club can excuse themselves of the redundancies when they make better financial decisions with the squad.

After 24 years of supporting the club and being priced out of going to games for years, i, and we, are entitled to question the methods of the club. I've said i'm not just going to quit supporting the club but i am going to change the way i follow the club.

Mari, Cedric and Willian transfer fee combined - £4M.

Cedric was signed because the club thought AMN was gone, and ultimately he should've been sold. Astute backup signing. Mari was signed as backup to Gabriel, who was our first option in January. Two left footed CB's is what Arteta wanted.

Willian was signed for attacking depth, atm our attack isn't clicking, can't blame that on Willian in fairness. Doesn't change the fact Willian is a quality player and an astute signing.

There's much bigger problems than worrying about the above signings my friend.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nearly 300m spent in the last three years, continuing to moan about Kronke is a little weak.

No big success = finger pointing.
United have spent the most out of anyone in recent year, yet the fans will still point fingers and want MORE spent. Money doesn't solve the problem sadly.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
As i've said before, football is a simple game, something you've been copying recently btw, and therefore i keep the posts simple. If you're posting paragraphs on such a trivial subject, you're wasting your brain cells imo. Save your energy for more important subjects. I'll only post more in depth when i think something needs to be said. The ugliness of modern Arsenal and football being one.

Nothing matters. So why not focus on topics you enjoy?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Instead of boycotting Arsenal why not support another team? One more season in the Europa and I'm a Man City fan.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
They bleed supporters dry when they can go to games and then sack the ordinary folk who work at the club when the going gets slightly tough. That decision to make 55 people redundant should be taken as a giant **** you to any working class supporter.

I mean what you have provided here is a boilerplate description of almost any large corporation in the west.

Your issue isn't with Arsenal, its with capitalist ideals. I think a move to China is on the cards for you my friend.

Top Bottom