• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bring on EDU

beaney

RIGHT!

Its about time we set the record straight here.

Edu was out best player last night, and EVERYTIME he's come on as a sub hes impressed.

Its about time he got a chance in the starting 11.

Im not slagging off Silva, but Edu is in better form right now, he always gives 100% and he deserves to be playing more games.

Am i the only one here who thinks this?

Im starting a campaign to bring on EDU!!!!

grennan84

i think your right edu is class he is better then gilberto. edu gets stuck in he is arsenal true and true. i vote edu for starting 11

Chips&CurrySauce

No you're not the only person that thinks this, I agree 100% with you! Edu is so under rated! You better be careful though because anyone that says Gilberto should be dropped is accused of knowing nothing about football, the fact that Gilberto is a poor passer and his first touch can be dodgy has nothing to do with it. Edu has not let us down this season either as sub or as a starter, infact the few games he has started, in the carling cup, champions league etc he has been one of thebetter performers on the pitch!
The fact that he came on for the second half is testament to his desire and love for the team. I don't know if anyone noticed but he was limping slightly throughout the second half

Fuzzo

EDU DESERVES HIS FIRST TEAM RUN!

Ive noticed how committed he has became, he seems to be running all over the pitch, Wenger give this guy his chance!

Gunner Ossie

After participating in numerous EDU Versus Gilberto debates, I Am Very glad to see that people are begining to appreciate that EDU should be first choice partner to Vieira, at least if current form is anything to go by.

I dont remember seeing many games where edu was not either man of the match or close to it.

The guy is sheer class, be it passing the ball, holding the ball up, dribbling, tackling, tracking back etc, and he does not give the ball away much either.

If he was faster I think he would walk into any premeirship side.

satan_beckham

its just that wenger sees something in gilberto which is his defending abilities,something edu lack..And with so team having so much of attacking talent,we need a defensive player like gilberto

G00n3r

i think Gilberto is decent and doesnt desrve the slagging he sometimes gets. But Edu is proving to be a better all round player and makes some well read interceptions on the defensive side. Bring him in!

Gunner Ossie

Maybe EDU does a ****e load more defensive work than Sol, Toure, and ashly cole Put together, the only problem is it goes unnoticed :lol:

Senght

I think AW wants a more defensive player in the team(Gil)

However I think we need to have a different approach in midfield.

BRING ON EDU

beaney

noone is here to slag off Silva, all were saying is Edu, at the moment, is in better form and should get a place. 8)

I too have been saying for ages he needs to be in the team but there seem to be quite a few people on here who really like Silva and everytime i tried saying something, people used to batter me. :cry:

time to STOP!

WE WANT EDU! yay! :lol:

i think you guys are right.

gilberto and edu are equally good players, but in their own rights, and i think wenger sees gilbertos strengths more appealing than edus.

still, i think wenger should give him his chance to shine.

lewdikris

Established Member
It's not like Edu's not getting plenty of games this season.

As Silva's biggest fan, I'm pretty sure for any big games Gilberto will keep his place, but Edu has been regularly excellent this season, and deserves a go in games where we don't need the same tactical control Silva gives us ... ie, the lower half of the premiership!

A

Anonymous

Edu is a new player compared to last year, and does deserve a run in the team on his showings this year.

However he wont get it. Gilberto is first choice, and it looks like Wenger even prefers Parlour over him at this stage.

reggiepaul

YES, Edu got a lot of ball time and YES he did run forward with the ball BUT unlike Gilberto he didn't take it in to parts known to the Arsenal team but Parts Unknown to have lunch with the Undertaker and the rest of the WWE team.

I understand he did gain the ball and he ran but lets look at Arsenal and look at the fact we play as a team and we look for our players and hold posession to play and co-ordinate together to reach players.

This is something that Gilberto does well and Edu does not.

Edu plays like Parlour and should be ahead of Parlour but not ahead of Gilberto. He isn't the player Gilberto is. Pat created chances, gave us drive up front to players who were actually there waiting, and Gilberto on the field would have added to that but Edu did not.

Edu seems to be a lot better than Gilberto but I'll stick with Arsène's judgment, but I would love to see Edu start for us more often.

reggiepaul

Sigh, another fighter for lost testosterone uses the word "mate".

I never said he was crap, just doesn't play as well and as a team or our team, like for the rest of our team like Gilberto does. Gilberto is more of the team player and plays part and parcel in creating chances. Even Cygan does this impressively. He is good yes, ahead of Parlour but I can blatantly see why Wenger chooses Gilberto ahead of Edu even if individually Edu has that gut, kamikaze midfielder type notion - Gilberto is a better reader and passes it and plays in favour of the team rather than individual drives of vain hopes.

beaney

The main issue i have with silva is he is sometimes sloppy.

he can also be lazy and (from what ive seen) he misses more passes than he makes! he gives the ball away in the midfield too often.

Edu's passing is still very good, i just dont see where SILVA is that much better than EDU.

AFCG7

Established Member
i'll put my head on the block here..
I think Parlour + Vieira is our best central midfield partnership.
If not Parlour then Edu + Vieira.
but after Vieira Parlour is our best ball winner and our style of play means 2 ball winners in the center of midfield

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom