• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Brooke Norton-Cuffy

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I thought the Qatar WC was going to mess up with the scheduling causing a short preseason.
The club are going on tour for the first time since 2019, that’s what I mean. The season only starts one more week earlier than normal.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'm not surprised. What will be more interesting is what happens with him in the Summer. Does he go back on loan again? To the Championship perhaps? Or does he fight his way to being the backup guy?
Looks like a massive talent, some of those physical duels he won were immense, like watching an 18 year old Lukaku when he burst onto the scene. I think like you said, keeping Cedric for a year as backup and getting a solid Championship season is the best prep he could have for the first team here.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm not surprised. What will be more interesting is what happens with him in the Summer. Does he go back on loan again? To the Championship perhaps? Or does he fight his way to being the backup guy?
You'd think a good loan would be the most sensible option. The problem would be to find a good one.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You'd think a good loan would be the most sensible option. The problem would be to find a good one.
Well I have a feeling Boro are gonna be needing a new RB/RWB for next season with Spence and Jones getting a lot of attention. He fits that criteria pretty handily.

Only issue is what we do about our backup next season. Cedric playing back-up is OK but far from ideal and I think we'll probably still need to sign someone.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Looks like a massive talent, some of those physical duels he won were immense, like watching an 18 year old Lukaku when he burst onto the scene. I think like you said, keeping Cedric for a year as backup and getting a solid Championship season is the best prep he could have for the first team here.
Yeah, I think a lot of teams in the Championship could do with a marauding RB/RWB like him. I'm going off the idea of keeping Cedric but I think he's serviceable if we go that route.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Cedric still has two years in contract. I'd rather not go to next season with Tomiyasu who could get injured, and Cedric as our only options. Cedric starting too much hinders our possibilities to compete at a still higher level.

Norton-Cuffy would very likely need a Championship loan to develop as a respectable option for Arsenal, and we don't want to block his path here?

So what could we do?

Tomiyasu can play CB, but if Saliba comes back, there isn't space there either, if we buy competition for Tomiyasu on RB and get rid of Cedric. I do hope we have money for that.

StefanB

Weird how no one has mentioned him getting a red card the other day. Was insanely harsh aswell, but hopefully it's a learning experience for him.

He's such a talent. Just needs to refine his touch a little and decision making going forward.

Pepesuave

TAA never went out on loan. If Brooke is good enough to play then I'd rather he stay at Arsenal and learn from playing against more talented players in practice each day. We likely get European football next season so there will be plenty of opportunities to play

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Weird how no one has mentioned him getting a red card the other day. Was insanely harsh aswell, but hopefully it's a learning experience for him.

He's such a talent. Just needs to refine his touch a little and decision making going forward.
Got rescinded so he plays tonight.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Cheers for sharing this. He looks such a talent. Wonder if this is one of those cases where he's better served staying around the Arsenal 1st team next season and getting some cup minutes before a second loan after Christmas.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Keep Cedric for one more season and get Norton Cuffy him a Championship-loan next season (or keep him until Christmas for some League Cup and EL-games if we end up there. Then you have Tomiyasu and Nortom Cuffy battling it out for the RB spot in the 23/24-season.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Does anyone know the name of the right back in the under 23's who was rated around the same level as Norton-Cuffy? The name has escaped me for the moment.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Does anyone know the name of the right back in the under 23's who was rated around the same level as Norton-Cuffy? The name has escaped me for the moment.

Jordi Osei-Tutu?

Thought he had genuine potential but has had a tough time of it with poor loans and injuries.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah, we certainly need to keep a path for him in the 1st team. No sense in buying an RB next summer. Norton-Cuffy looks surprisingly ready, but still it's League One.

Next season RB's White, Tomiyasu and Cedric. Norton-Cuffy on a Championship loan.

Season after that Tomiyasu, Norton-Cuffy and White.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Is he ready to make step up and be backup for tomi? It'll save us good amount of money.

Lincoln city fans really loves him and keep saying he best player they had in last few years and he quality belong close to PL football. A really positive praise.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom