• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Brooke Norton-Cuffy

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People might be angry about us didn't buy Spence but I believe this guy is no different and he have same ability and bigger potential should be ready soon

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
People might be angry about us didn't buy Spence but I believe this guy is no different and he have same ability and bigger potential should be ready soon
Yeah, I was cool on Spence because I knew we have Norton-Cuffy. Keep him fit, and I think he eventually becomes a possible starter for us. Wouldn't necessarily project that onto next season but I do think he'd impress more than Cedric if given the opportunity. We just have to wait it out with Cedric and hope that Norton-Cuffy takes any opportunity with aplomb. Pre-season will be interesting if Norton-Cuffy features heavily.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Totally, Spence had a stand out game against us and had some quality for sure. He's probably a year or two further ahead in his development but overall I'd be happy with what we have at RB for now to give this guy a shot. He's got an X-Factor, could be really good if it all comes together.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Can we just play him instead of Cedric?
Might be too early for that we'll need to get him into team slowly or it could affect his confidence league 1 to PL is big jump but if he not loaned out i guess cup games and europa might be his chances

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I would have him over Cedric as a backup for the first half of this season. 2 domestic cups plus the EL should be enough. Can be moved in January once things start to get rough

Bloodbather

Established Member

I wasn't really familiar with Norton-Cuffy, but too many people who are familiar with him rate him highly, so I got over us not targeting a RB pretty quickly.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I wasn't really familiar with Norton-Cuffy, but too many people who are familiar with him rate him highly, so I got over us not targeting a RB pretty quickly.
Look how he doing in U19 euro championship this guy been impressive it might too early to play him but in 2 years time he'll be ready a loan to stronger league is needed next season

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Been keeping an eye on him in the U19 Euros. Continuing to look very impressive but you can still see the areas of his game that would be exposed at a higher level. The touch is a little over-eager, and some of his passes a little over-ambitious at times. I feel these can be mitigated but you feel that a loan would still be the most beneficial and ideal situation for him as a player. The problem we have is that it still leaves us with Cedric for another year at least. So it doesn't really suit us as much as it suits him IMO.

FWIW I'd ultimately prefer a loan for him.

Let's sell Cedric and promote Brooke. He will soon find himself in the deep end with Tomiyaso's injury record. He will improve more here under Arteta's guidance than learning football in lower divisions.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
From the bits I saw of him at Lincoln and the opinions of my season ticket going mates, he's clearly a talent but he's far from the finished product.

There's no point rushing him back here undercooked. A loan to the Championship next season and then evaluate from there would be my plan.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It seems Championship loan would be the best for him. Also he has succeeded in a wing-back role, so EPL and LB role combined would likely be too much of a step now.

"According to Wyscout, Norton-Cuffy has averaged 0.6 shot assists per 90, 6.3 dribbles and 3.91 progressive runs, the third-highest of any U21 player in League One last season. When an ever-increasing confidence in his own technical ability and explosive dribbling combines, Norton-Cuffy has proved on multiple occasions that he’s capable of taking over a game from the wing-back role.

As a result, with more than two-thirds of Championship teams primarily deploying a five-back formation, the second tier seems like the natural next step for Norton-Cuffy. “I think a season in the Championship will put him in good stead for playing higher up.” Ward continues.

He’s developed massively against some physical teams in League One but I think the Premier League is a step too far just now. Another loan spell with a decent coach should help iron out those mistakes and turn him into a more rounded player.”

Working under Michael Beale at QPR would be a smart choice, as would Swansea and Russell Martin, Coventry and Mark Robins amongst many other potential suitors. With a striking resemblance to Djed Spence, Norton-Cuffy could well break out in a similar fashion next season. He undoubtedly has the quality to succeed in a team in pursuit of promotion as well."

Sparrahork

I really hope he stays for Europa appearances and to become back up guy (then review in January). I think in any regard signing another right back would be a mistake, potentially hindering his development.

Not all are deemed up to scratch in that position, but if you think of our rb options at present we have Tomi, bellerin, maitland-niles, Cedric, white and Saliba who can all play there.

I would hope ben white is deemed first choice understudy unless norton-cuffy proves himself early on.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
From the bits I saw of him at Lincoln and the opinions of my season ticket going mates, he's clearly a talent but he's far from the finished product.

There's no point rushing him back here undercooked. A loan to the Championship next season and then evaluate from there would be my plan.
Much better to let him develop his game out of the spotlight for a bit. For every one raving about him now there will be one calling him rubbish after two bad mistakes. Always happens.

Would be great to see him in our shirt in pre-season and then get a decent loan for a year. Cedric or White are ok as backups.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I just started watching the England U19 semi-final vs Italy and he instantly gave away a clumsy penalty..

0:1

Top Bottom