• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Brooke Norton-Cuffy

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
From his videos he does seem have that ability of being so good with ball despite his young age similar to saka. Seriously if he made right impression in pre season he should compete with Tomi
Compete with Tomi? :lol: For what, the 7 games he plays in a season?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Something to forward to in pre-season to see how he gets on.

A Championship loan would probably be the best thing for him once the season starts but the advantage he has is that he plays in a position where there is an opening if he impresses.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Exciting prospect. I'd much rather give this lad a chance than play Cedric when Tomi is out/rested. If he's good enough, play him!

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Like the look of this lad. Hopefully, he'll get minutes this coming season. As long as Cedric doesn't get minutes, it's all good.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Only qualifying for the Europa League, could be the making of young players like him.

Should get a chance in Europe this season (but so should Saliba in 2020, so kinda expect Mustafi to be re-signed and played over him) heard lots of good things about him, hope he does well.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This notion that we should loan him and use Cedric for one more year is crazy. Cedric is not good enough. Norton-Cuffy will instantly offer more than Cedric given his talent at the moment. His potential is then also very high IMO. I think he can become a starting RB for us.
This. Cedric should be the player of last resort. He hasn't been as bad as some might say but the drop off from Tomi us massive.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
This. Cedric should be the player of last resort. He hasn't been as bad as some might say but the drop off from Tomi us massive.
I've got no problem with giving BNC a shot in the first team, but don't you think it's a bit unrealistic to expect a young player who's had half a season in League One to suddenly be good enough to be PL standard? Nuno wasn't and he had 3000 minutes of Portuguese division one... Cedric has a career as a mid table PL player and full international.

I'm optimistic about BNC I just don't want the pressure on his shoulders of being our next great hope before we know how be adjusts to top level football. Seen it with Balogun and lots of others before.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've got no problem with giving BNC a shot in the first team, but don't you think it's a bit unrealistic to expect a young player who's had half a season in League One to suddenly be good enough to be PL standard? Nuno wasn't and he had 3000 minutes of Portuguese division one... Cedric has a career as a mid table PL player and full international.

I'm optimistic about BNC I just don't want the pressure on his shoulders of being our next great hope before we know how be adjusts to top level football. Seen it with Balogun and lots of others before.
I don't want to put any pressure on him at all. He's Tomi's understudy and if he has to play more games than expected, then Cedric comes in should he struggle. If we manage him correctly, he should be Clichy level at worst but he must be given a proper, scheduled chance.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
This notion that we should loan him and use Cedric for one more year is crazy. Cedric is not good enough. Norton-Cuffy will instantly offer more than Cedric given his talent at the moment. His potential is then also very high IMO. I think he can become a starting RB for us.
Agreed. If Tavares could be passable in some games for us, I don't see why this lad couldn't. If Arteta wants to die on the sword of a young team then actually play the young players so that a proper manager has more to work with once he's sacked.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

Or he just slots in no problem & takes to the PL without much issue (See Saka).

Some have it, some don't. Hopefully he gets a chance to show what he can do.

If he can be a hybrid of AWB & TAA, that will be perfect please!

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I don't want to put any pressure on him at all. He's Tomi's understudy and if he has to play more games than expected, then Cedric comes in should he struggle. If we manage him correctly, he should be Clichy level at worst but he must be given a proper, scheduled chance.
Yeah that's fair enough and I like the idea of giving him a chance as well. My fear would be that he misses out on a loan, has a couple of timid performances and then gets benched for half a season where he could have been getting genuine game time. But with EL and the cups he should be able to get some lower level matches hopefully whatever happens. If he takes his chance it would be amazing.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Douzi came from Ligue 2 and immediately started performing for us. It's not like we're expecting him to become a starter anyway. He needs to at least spend the first half of next season here.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Test? I can tell you now he offers more than Cedric and will not be injured anywhere near as Tomi (he probably offers more than him too but A-M not ready for that)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom