• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bruno Guimarães

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyfreak

Quite a few people saying he is like Xhaka after watching his youtube clip. Not sure what you are watching, but from the clip, he can spray the ball, find an incisive pass, play throughballs, turn on a six pence, drive into space and tackle. Not bad traits to have in the centre of the pitch. Hard to judge how fast he is, but he runs past and away from people, so he isn't slow.

I thought Arteta's answer to Kessie was interesting. 'Not at the moment', where as everyone else had a flat out no.
You say you're sure what people are watching yet you ended up basically listing the same attributes that Xhaka has. Granted, he might not be that great at some of those, but those are his attributes nonetheless. The most similar attribute that Bruno Guimaraes has is the way he sprays the ball around especially those long diagonals. There's so much of that in his compilations. Barely halfway through it, I already thought, "ya, a right footed Xhaka". If you can't see that then I'm not sure what you're watching either lol.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He's nothing like Xhaka at all :lol: They're both midfielders and play longer balls now and again, like every midfielder on planet earth--that's where the comparisons end. They're different in every other aspect imaginable.

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

Quite a few people saying he is like Xhaka after watching his youtube clip. Not sure what you are watching, but from the clip, he can spray the ball, find an incisive pass, play throughballs, turn on a six pence, drive into space and tackle. Not bad traits to have in the centre of the pitch. Hard to judge how fast he is, but he runs past and away from people, so he isn't slow.

I thought Arteta's answer to Kessie was interesting. 'Not at the moment', where as everyone else had a flat out no.

He seems similarly slow on the ball to me. His highlights are from the Brazilian league, remember. I'm not seeing the "turn on a six pence", really. His posture on the pitch is reminiscent of Xhaka as well, a bit too upright - similar in height also. He also is a "defensive midfielder" that isn't actually a defensive midfielder but more of a deep-lying passer who can tackle, just like Xhaka.

Most of the qualities you used to describe him can be applied to Xhaka, which becomes a self-defeating argument on your part. The attributes that stand out the most are the long-range passing and playing through balls, which is what Xhaka brings to the table.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I like him.

Very good dribbler, great passer, Dangerous from long range and a good tackler all for €25m.

Get it done Ed!

Steps

At This Moment FC
maxresdefault.jpg

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He seems similarly slow on the ball to me. His highlights are from the Brazilian league, remember. I'm not seeing the "turn on a six pence", really. His posture on the pitch is reminiscent of Xhaka as well, a bit too upright - similar in height also. He also is a "defensive midfielder" that isn't actually a defensive midfielder but more of a deep-lying passer who can tackle, just like Xhaka.

Most of the qualities you used to describe him can be applied to Xhaka, which becomes a self-defeating argument on your part. The attributes that stand out the most are the long-range passing and playing through balls, which is what Xhaka brings to the table.

No he is nothing like Xhaka. There is a tactical breakdown video of him showing his touch map. He is a left sided box to box.

He can dribble. Xhaka can't.
He can drive forward and run with the ball. Xhaka can't.

Two things that Xhaka literally can't do and he is happy being in the opposition half. Yet he is similar to Xhaka because he hits a few long balls and is 6 foot tall.

This guy is actually agile ffs.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

No he is nothing like Xhaka. There is a tactical breakdown video of him showing his touch map. He is a left sided box to box.

Two things that Xhaka literally can't do and he is happy being in the opposition half. Yet he is similar to Xhaka because he hits a few long balls and is 6 foot tall.

@hydrofluoric acid

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II

He's more like Cazorla than Xhaka ffs :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom