• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bruno Guimarães

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Bruno has been available since January when his release clause became more known and Newcastle's need for sales due to FFP.
Yes, but Newcastle's situation regarding Europe money has gradually worsened, making the deal much more likely with the problems they already had. So the situation has changed. United winning FA Cup was great in this sense, so they have even less money.
Funny how you don't dismiss TNAT when he puts out updates about Bruno being first choice currently or that there have been positive developments but you're dismissing him now regarding Zubimendi.
I don't care about ITK's much, that's why. Some of them make sense and might have some information, but Arsenal with Edu are cunning. They can mislead even proper journalists with what they give to them.
You're right that Bruno is first choice currently, and you're right we're most likely gonna get him. But he wasn't the first choice a couple months ago. We would've known, just like we did with Rice, Jesus and others.
You can't compare a guy who has shown no signs to leave, who has 4 years left in contract, to Rice who had 2 years left or Jesus who had 1 year left who were known wanting to leave. Guimaraes likely wanted at least UEL to stay, and they have gone out of that only in recent times. Guimaraes might choose City much more easily than Rice.

He has also performed and stayed fit so well, that clubs like Arsenal and City are even considering his release clause. That's how good he is. Newcastle's situation of course means that both of these clubs try to haggle as much as possible without losing him to the other.

That's not easy, so I would be fine if Arsenal spends even the 100 million overprice for him, because this is the most important buy for the club to challenge. You don't want City to get him, just like you didn't want them to get Rice. They are durable with great stamina, they are great and still have huge potential.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
@A_G all this chat about ITL vs actual journalists got me thinking- what has Ornstein actually said about Arsenal and Bruno?

Edit: just saw the mokbel thread mark, seems its on…

drippin

You can’t be spending 60m+ on a player who is just very basic. It’s why I criticise Enzo Fernandes despite a bunch of fans still believing he’ll turn things around. You can get similar profiles for 10-20m.
People can criticize Enzo as much as they like, but the guy had a similar injury as ESR and had to play through it with all the injuries they had. Then he finally got his operation.

We have not seen a proper Enzo yet and it was his first year in a crap Chelsea side.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don’t think he wants away, he’s smart enough to know Man City are set for a downfall in one way or another.
Arsenal? Not after that song.
Arsenal badly need a striker plus they have to pay up for that keeper they.ve loaned from brentford, They wont have the money
This is going to be the most painful window imaginable even if Isak and Bruno go nowhere due to the volume of Arsenal fans who think this will be an easy transfer for them.
If he leaves it’s because the chance of winning something is close to guaranteed. I’m not going to dislike him for leaving if he goes, it will damage us a great deal but we’ve seen in our transfer dealings that we consistently make good decisions. Overall, it won’t harm us long term but it’ll be very difficult to find a suitable replacement for next season
If he goes anywhere but City, Madrid or PSG (maybe Bayern) I'd be annoyed. He's guaranteed trophies at those clubs, even if they are only domestic ones at PSG. Anywhere else seems a silly move if his aim is to win things.
Arsenal fans putting Bruno in their anticipated lineups for next season, saying they will get him for £80m. Yeah, we are so desperate to sell, we won't even bank on anyone triggering the clause.
[emoji38]
The delusion among their supporters around what they expect to pay for new players and what they will get for the players they want to sell is off the charts, proper swivel eyed stuff
Apparently he's a 'c**ty' type of player according to the quick look at Arsenal forum. If he is then he's our c**t and not going anywhere soon (hopefully).
That's just because he was pretty agrressive against them. Remember the challenge on Jorginho, and a couple of others. Arsenal fans were whining about how he should've recieved 2 or even 3 yellows.
Bruno isn’t leaving due to a lack of European football, folks need to calm down. If he goes it’s because someone meets the asking price and he’s happy to go. Nothing we can do about that if it happens, but it hasn’t happened. So relax.
:)

The Geordie view at present.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I do sympathize with the frustration of the online Arsenal fan base descending on you, truly the most insufferable group of fans on Twitter etc.

Think it's a big reason why people want to dunk on Arsenal. The fans make it so easy and the volume is insane.
I don't follow twitter, but I don't think the forum here is any worse than other fan forums.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
The Geordie view at present.

The delusion among their supporters around what they expect to pay for new players and what they will get for the players they want to sell is off the charts, proper swivel eyed stuff

This one is nuts - pretty sure most of us think we’ll end up giving our players away 😂 😂 😂

😞

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Ornstein said we view Bruno as a #6 and we’ll go for him if that’s the position we want to strengthen. Otherwise, we’ll put Rice there and sign someone else.

Be the same as Havertz at CM if that's the case.

drippin

"Bruno isn’t leaving due to a lack of European football, folks need to calm down. If he goes it’s because someone meets the asking price and he’s happy to go. Nothing we can do about that if it happens, but it hasn’t happened. So relax.
:)
"
It doesn't hurt so much if you relax. If you know what I mean.

Very good advice for the fellow Newcastle fans.

drippin

Ornstein said we view Bruno as a #6 and we’ll go for him if that’s the position we want to strengthen. Otherwise, we’ll put Rice there and sign someone else.
Arsenal needs a top DMF/CMF player.

This sounds like Arsenal giving journalists information that they have options. They do of course, as we have seen in previous windows. But for me it's obvious Arsenal has no other similar targets as Guimaraes. I haven't seen those suggestions.

He is the unicorn this window, just like Rice was. You still have to pay up a considerable sum. You fool around, and City gets him. You have to show decisiveness, even to the player.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Mm
We signed Declan at 24 and a half years old, we'll be signing Bruno about 3 months before he turns 27. That's a significant difference to me.

All I see is conditions that make Newcastle more desperate than West Ham.

Think we're looking at 80m the most. Anything beyond that we're getting robbed blind.

Bruno is not a game changer to command fees so close to the 100m mark. City can afford doing that stuff as we've seen in recent years but we do not have the capacity to do so.

This is kinda my take on it tbh although I said 75m.
Look as a few have said though if the club have decided he is 100% the guy we may have to bite the bullet and imho overpay.

If we can talk the toon into giving us good money for one or more of our squadies obviously thats better.

It also depends on how much the player wants the move.
Unless he has decided he's only coming here I think he may go to City for bigger wages.
I don't know how much he gets at the Toon but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are extras on top of book paid wages at certain clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, July 16

Arsenal have rejected a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe from Fulham, who are now considering a second bid [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Marseille are keen to sign Eddie Nketiah as they look to replace the outgoing Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom